Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Omega Flight #1 *SPOILERS*

reber, i really appreciate you taking the time to expalin the business side of things that us fans have a hard time understanding. sometimes these things help justify why or why not a comic is a ongoing or cancelled.

as far as why the new avengers title may have been made a ongoing due to "pre-sales" this quote may explain it best:

Retailers will try and calculate the numbers they need to order by comparing it to a similar series.
    omega does not have that luxury.

sooooo.....that means we will just have to buy up all the supply!!

anyone know how omega did in the pre-sales? ben? phil? beuler? beuler?

I don't usually go for the multiple copies approach, but depending on how this first issue reads, I may go ahead and skim off the top of the rainy day fund to show the big support. For those in the know, is the UK comic book store market included in this grander direct market or is it factored in as a separate component, as is done say with the box office revenue? I'm just wondering if my 'buy-em-up' philosophy will work as well over here.

I don't know how much other people have been watching 'similar' miniseries like this, particularly in the Distinguished Competition, but while company philosophies may differ, I still see a little bit of hope in the resolution of the recent "Freedom Fighters" series, which had a bit of a rough start (I believe, don't have stats on hand) but after making it through the limited series was elected to continue further after some fan support. This also being a patriotic team that was recently wiped clean by a terrible collective of sorts to be restarted by a core member or two... so lets hope our boys can meet the same support.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Very interesting....soooooo...what do you think the chances of Omega Flight becoming an on-going?
    I don't want to jinx anything. I will say that I have an excellent track record of working on minis that become ongoings. I won't be able to tell though till a few issues hit the stands.

I guess what I don't understand is how Omega Flight and Loners, both books I am really looking forward to, are only mini series, but other books like New Warriors get ongoings. The new New Warriors doesnt even have existing characters in the book. They are all new! Its like there is a double standard going on.

MikeM

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Bane
    I guess what I don't understand is how Omega Flight and Loners, both books I am really looking forward to, are only mini series, but other books like New Warriors get ongoings. The new New Warriors doesnt even have existing characters in the book. They are all new! Its like there is a double standard going on.

MikeM
    Well, thats what they said about New Warriors initially IIRC, but the preview that went up on Newsarama the other day rasied the possibility that some of the cast of NNW may be current or existing characters in new costumes and code names. Plus, NNW has a high profile name coming out of Civil War, what with the New Warriors providing the flashpoint event that kicked the whole thing off. Marvel also looks to be wanting to use that book to keep a sort of "anti-reg" side going.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    I don't want to jinx anything. I will say that I have an excellent track record of working on minis that become ongoings. I won't be able to tell though till a few issues hit the stands.
    You will be our good luck charm then Reber. Here's hoping. [-o<

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Is it just me, or does that front row of kids 'represent' Omega? Arachne, USAgent, Walt, Talisman in a row... (Or BRB instead o' agent). Which would indicate a relationship between Arachne and... whoever.

Nice touch.
    Actually, Bill's human form is of African descent, so that would be him on the far left....
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Is it just me, or does that front row of kids 'represent' Omega? Arachne, USAgent, Walt, Talisman in a row... (Or BRB instead o' agent). Which would indicate a relationship between Arachne and... whoever.

Nice touch.
    Clones!!!

Just visited one of the Comic shops here in Calgary and was told that he expcted his omega fligth stock to sell out this morning. Apparently a lot of people had placed last-minute pre-orders. I'm sure issue #1 will do very well in sales. We'll have to hope that the numbers stay steady over issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Just visited one of the Comic shops here in Calgary and was told that he expcted his omega fligth stock to sell out this morning. Apparently a lot of people had placed last-minute pre-orders. I'm sure issue #1 will do very well in sales. We'll have to hope that the numbers stay steady over issue 2.
    It'd be Interesting to see if a book could be maintained on strong Canadian sales specifically. I mean, obviously SOME people in the U.S. are going to buy it, but it'd be cool to know that the tipping point to making it an ongoing series is the interest in Canada.
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    It'd be Interesting to see if a book could be maintained on strong Canadian sales specifically. I mean, obviously SOME people in the U.S. are going to buy it, but it'd be cool to know that the tipping point to making it an ongoing series is the interest in Canada.
    This just in... Omega Flight has only been selling well in Canada, so Marvel is handing its production over to the CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    This just in... Omega Flight has only been selling well in Canada, so Marvel is handing its production over to the CBC.
    So I guess George Stroumboulopoulos will be joining OF?

So I guess George Stroumboulopoulos will be joining OF?
    George. lol !

george was The Man back when he first appeared on MuchMusic. He kept metal music alive. Now, he seems more like a corporate pansy sell-out, IMHO.
    Yup, sounds perfect for a superhero group, come to think of it.

Mr Kolins, can we arrange to have him appear, and then die off-panel? That'd be hilarious!!! Just a spurt of blood, and some screams and whimpering and cries of "No, not the face, not the face!"
    lol
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I think it should be a running joke that all villians in OF should die off panal

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I think it should be a running joke that all villians in OF should die off panal
    That would be awesome!