Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Omega Flight #1 *SPOILERS*

Man oh man that loooks gooood!!

Congratulations to both Mike Oeming and Scot Kolins for great work.

Marvel can and should make this an ongoing within weeks.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

ok...its freakin' official....I'm giddy like a schoolgirl with excitement. Less than a month to go. Now, its up to us to buy, buy, buy and get Marvel to turn this mother into an ongoing!

Thanks for the nicer quality images Ben. The ones on that other site were a bitter blurry, and the site itself was hard on the eyes.

The little chalk cloud coming out of Walt's back when the Secret Agent looking guy touches him is a nice touch. I think everyone had a teacher at one point who didn't seem to notice that he was wearing a pound of chalk on his back.

I love that Sasquatch is being drawn as the same size as he was when Alpha began. Through the various series, his enormity seemed to come and go...

Loving what I see here! I'll definitely be picking it up and a couple extra copies to pass around as well. Time to send Marvel some positive feedback!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Amen to that. I don;t think five issues is going to be nearly enough for me...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

File compression is not an artist's friend. Cause of the style of art the jpeg compression really does a number on the pages. The printed pages will be much nicer (I hope anyway). I'm glad the initial response to these pages are pretty positive. Wait till you guys see the action scenes. I think Scott is trying to break me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    File compression is not an artist's friend. Cause of the style of art the jpeg compression really does a number on the pages. The printed pages will be much nicer (I hope anyway). I'm glad the initial response to these pages are pretty positive. Wait till you guys see the action scenes. I think Scott is trying to break me.
    Welcome Reber! Nice job on the colours!

Mr Oeming, nice to hear from you again as well.

Ben excellent job posting those pics up quick. They do look delicious, don't they?

Okay, my quick two-cents worth. So far, what I have seen looks good. I am reserving true judgement until I have seen the whole thing. But I like what I see so far. And personally, I am beginning to hope that they do NOT put the final nail in the coffin of Alpha Flight with this series. By which I mean, if it is true that somewhere out there could still be the temporal copies...leave 'em out there, for somebody to bring into a comic at some point, whether it is this creative crew or another one. To tell the truth, if the Temp Copies are all that is left of AF this side of Omega Flight's two members, then I think it is high time I stopped calling them Temporal Copies, and just call them what they are - the future of Alpha Flight, just as Omega Flight is the present.

Looking forward to what happiness Issue One brings!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Loving what I see here! I'll definitely be picking it up and a couple extra copies to pass around as well. Time to send Marvel some positive feedback!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I love that Sasquatch is being drawn as the same size as he was when Alpha began. Through the various series, his enormity seemed to come and go...
    That happens with the Hulk too. Sometimes he looks like he is 7 feet tall and some times he looks like he's 15 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Bane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    That happens with the Hulk too. Sometimes he looks like he is 7 feet tall and some times he looks like he's 15 feet tall.
    ***Suppressing the urge to make a "size does matter" comment...***

One of those little things I tend to notice...

Elizabeth's parka has the same color scheme and pattern as her father's original costume.
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    One of those little things I tend to notice...

Elizabeth's parka has the same color scheme and pattern as her father's original costume.
    Yup, we first saw this in the Kolins character sketch:

http://www.alphaflight.net/character..._gallery11.jpg

Ben

Hey Ben, you should update the front page of the website to list this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Hey Ben, you should update the front page of the website to list this.
    oops, missed adding that to the list of updates. Thanks.

Ben