Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of Omega Flight #1 *SPOILERS*

The late, great AF seems to be treated with respect here - anyone else note that the monument is of the original Alphans and that the other Alphans that were presumed killed in NA #16 are not represented (even Heather is not shown there).

I can see how this would be the start of a first issue of a regular series - 4-5 pgs set up to develop context and character and not a fight in sight. No doubt, the pacing will change in #2.

I'm excited about OF! Very!

Yeah, that certainly wasn't a memorial for the fallen. If so you wouldn't see Northstar, Aurora, Sas, or Snowbird there. This is just a homage to the originals. Nice! Still need some closure on the dead though.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

so, if its an homage to the dead....why is Sas there?

I think it is more symbolic of the passing the torch from Alpha Flight to Omega Flight. Alpha is now supposed to be that old group that we revere, and Omega is our new protector. Half of the members in the statue and on the coin are still living. The pay homage, they don't memorialize.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

I can promise you this, like the series or not, respect for original AF is writtenand drawn all over this thing
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

I have much more clear and larger versions of the images, along with a bonus page going up tonight, I just can't do it 'till my kid's in bed.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I think it is more symbolic of the passing the torch from Alpha Flight to Omega Flight. Alpha is now supposed to be that old group that we revere, and Omega is our new protector. Half of the members in the statue and on the coin are still living. The pay homage, they don't memorialize.
    yeah, I kinda figured that was the case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    I can promise you this, like the series or not, respect for original AF is writtenand drawn all over this thing
    no sh*t - even in those 4 pages, you can see it everywhere. From the name of the school team, to the statue, to the kid holding AF#1. Which is all awesome...of course

Where did this guy come from and how is it he's allowed to work for Marvel? I definitely appreciate the nod to the old school Alpha Flight. It's a shame so many are now "dead", but I guess there are plausible ways for them to return. Hell Mac could probably show up without an explanantion at this point and no one would question it. "Oh, look he's back! Or is that the guy from Great Lakes Avengers in Guardian's suit?"

Thanks for the respect. It's been a long time coming! And it is very much a breath of fresh air!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I have much more clear and larger versions of the images, along with a bonus page going up tonight, I just can't do it 'till my kid's in bed.

Ben
    ben,

try benadryl, they will sleep much better, and much quicker.

Indeed!
    Is that some sort of commemorative medal that one "suit" is holding?

Good stuff.

On the other hand, it looks like that little snotnose hit a nerve with Walter.

Now I gotta wonder... just WHAT could that little twerp have said? Hmmmm?
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

ok, the bigger/better images are up, as is the first look at page 13 with Sasquatch and Talisman:

http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_news/index.php

***for those who might not realize, the images are quite large, most people will have to click on the picture it's self once it has loaded to see it in it's full size, as most browsers will make images fit the screen if they are large.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    ok, the bigger/better images are up, as is the first look at page 13 with Sasquatch and Talisman:

http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_news/index.php
    I think I just fell in love for the second time. If this series ends at 5 issues, it will be a travesty.

Nice handling of Elizabeth and Sas.....

Walt looks AWESOME- and he's not even throwing a car at anybody..,.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I just saw the page with Elizabeth and Sasquatch...

...and Michael O. and Scott K. are getting me psyched! I figured it would be better than Vol. 3 (the series that didn't happen), but I really didn't expect to get this psyched!

If the rest of the book (and series) is anything like this, I think Omega Flight will be a winner.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.