Thread: Joe Fridays-Week 38

Default Joe Fridays-Week 38

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...ridays_38.html
    ====
    Insight to why Omega Flight remains a mini and Avengers: Initiative became an on-going.

Q: varo 03-05-2007 06:49 PM

I am a really confused long-time Alpha Flight/new Omega Flight fan and am wondering how Avengers: The Initiative, which was being advertised as a mini-series has been upgraded to ongoing, and Omega Flight which was advertised as a ongoing is now a mini, has been changed before issue #1 has hit the stands for either series.

You tell us to speak through sales, yet neither issue has hit and there has been a change in schedule.

Please help me understand.

JQ: Varo, this decision is based on preorders. Both titles come out the same day and currently there orders for Avengers: The Initiative surpass those of Omega Flight by a considerable margin. A margin large enough that we can say in good faith that this book has legs and should be around for some time. I’m sure some of this has to do with retailers feeling that the title might have a big following based on what they’ve heard, but I will also venture to say that that decision is based upon advance customer pr-orders.

But, let me say this, none of this means that Omega Flight can’t be upgraded to an ongoing after the fact. It’s still up to readers and the purchasing power of Alpha/Omega Flight fans.

Odd. Orders at the store I order from are high on OF, low on Initiative. Anamolies?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Same for my store except no orders for Initiative and over 40 for Omega Flight as per last wednesday

Just the opposite here in Philly. Almost no interest in OF except me and a couple of old school yahoos.

Interest is probally much higher in Canada than the States.

woo hoo!! i'm a celeb. my question got asked!!!

in all seriousness, i wonder how the pre-order numbers were for of?

well, I just did the rounds of my local comic shops and upped the number of issues I'm pre-ordering. This is probably going to end up costing me a pretty penny, but damn it, its worth it.

I pre-ordered my one copy.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I've actually pre-ordered 10 copies/issue/shop. Its a lot, but its worth it. I'm only actually going to keep 2 copies/issue. I'm going to give out the other copies to my students...in the hopes that if I give out a free copy or two they'll get hooked and go out and buy copies themselves. I'm lucky that lots of my students are comic book nerds...comes from teaching game design, game studies, and digital storytelling.

Wow, I wish I could give comic book to my students, lol, but I couldn't, they were little kids Must be cool to share a passion with your students!