Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War: The Initiative- (SPOILERS!!) Alpha Flight related

USAgent leading Omega Flight?...uhhh..Mike your killing me man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Bane

"USAgent: After an assault from the Purple Man during Civil War, USAgent accepted Tony Stark’s offer to lead Canada’s new superteam."
    I'm hoping that this is a slip on Wizard's part - and not a reflection of how it actually is.

I could see it being a mistake.. maybe US Agent simply accepted the position as a MEMBER of Omega Flight...right right? Any one any one?

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I could see it being a mistake.. maybe US Agent simply accepted the position as a MEMBER of Omega Flight...right right? Any one any one?
    here's hoping!

Or maybe he's supposed to be the leader....

But Elizabeth, Billy-BOy and Walter have somethign to say about that.

Even the best leader goes under if his troops consistently tell him to get bent.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

esspecially if one of those troop members is a ginormous hairy beast!

Just call the team Avengers North and be done with it.

USAgent = Captain America
    BRB = Thor
    Sas = Hulk
    Talisman = Scarlet Witch
    Arachne = Wasp
    The Guardian Suit = Iron Man or now that it's Mike, Sentry

wait. who, out of that cast do you guys want to lead?

mike is still learning how to use his powers

walter has never been a leader

elizabeth is still young.

brb is not the leading type.

usagent has experience and is a master tactician

guys, we need to start being realistic.

i have read posts were people want manikin and windshear and some other support characters from version 1, i think we're failing to understand that those characters won't sell issues and keep omega around.

Quote Originally Posted by varo

so? Why does this mean that he can't lead?

usagent has experience and is a master tactician

yeah, but he's not Canadian...and has (to the best of my knowledge) no experience in Canada. If you want a good leader, they should have operational knowledge of the area/region/country in which the team is doing their thing.

I vote for Walter.

Sasquatch can deffinantly lead.. he helped createt he V3 group if i'm correct, and has been in ever AF title (even though the V2 doesn't really count) he also is one of the original members.. its time he got promoted

w
    I've never skydived either, doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing so.

Walter's the most qualified to lead a team in Canada out of this cast IMO. He's got the most experience operating as hero in the country, and he's the smartest one in the team isn't he?

However, I'm not sure that its clear yet that he's actually a full time member of the team, or a supporting character (Government person in charge of OF perhaps?) or what.

Walter should lead. He deserves it. If OF is a Canadian-run project.

However, if OF is a US gov't project, then it would make sense for USAgent to lead.

Frankly, I could easily see a story-line explaining why the US is running OF. AF was wiped out, leaving Canada vulnerable. The US organizes OF to deal with rogue heroes fleeing to Canada. The US considers this venture as similar to other "overseas" endeavors, like Iraq or Afghanistan.

Heresy?

It doesn't make sense that it would be a US project. If heroes escape durign war tiem they are the same as refugees, and why would Canada alow America complete rights to extradite any refugee found in Canada.. and if that is what omega flight will become is just a team that seeks out refugees from America then its a problem to begin with... i just think it is a shot to Canada to say they would bend over backwords and let america in. I mean Canada has been very selective in previous agreements with the united states. Though the borders are reletively open, in the NAFTA Agreement where as Mexico and United States said that specific things can not be part of this agreement Canada one upped them both and said "The agreement can not affect Canadian Culture" pretty much giving them complete control without regaurd as to what is aloud into ando ut of their coutnry if they wished. So why would they bow down to the US. Now perhaps they feel vulnerable. But Canada said once before it didn't even need alpha flight and would make a new team if needed, there are plenty of participants in Canada. So why back away?

Unless secretly the collective was controlled by Iron Man who sent it into Canada so eventually he coudl act liek he saves the day and infact send a mostly American team into make sure Canada stays on their side.

Ok I'm goign off on a useless tangent and its worthless so I'll shut up my main point is I don't think Canada would have a lot more of a problem with Iron Man having control then they seem to be.

Walter has lead (he lead Beta Flight even for a while, ran a lot of things). Talisman has the attitude to lead and now is motivated. Last time USAgent tried to lead they fired him in Force Works.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

I'm surprised no one saw this. It made me giggle.
    I hope thats "made me giggle" in a good way...not "made me giggle" in a "what a wanker" kind of way.
    Haha, no, no it was good. It was an unintentional pun. Our "collective *****ing" was about a guy named The Collective. Hense we are Collective *****ing, collectively.