Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Civil War: The Initiative- (SPOILERS!!) Alpha Flight related

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    absolutely it's marketing, so was killing off AF, and so was doing it off panel. It's all designed to make people talk, and frankly, it's been very successful
    Y'know, Ben, that is very true.

OTOH, if I find the book alienating and annoying, and hate it with every fibre of my being, I'm not gonna care if it's the most successful book in the universe. It's still not my book.

NB: This is hypothetical. As far as prejudging it goes: there have been decisions made that I know about that are alienating and annoying me, but overall I don't think the book will. I believe I will like it a bit, though I don't know that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Omega Flight... are established teams,
    No they're not.

- Le Messor
    "Hello, my name is Walter Langowski. You killed my mentor. Prepare to take over for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Omega Flight... are established teams,
    No they're not.

- Le Messor
    I meant the characters were well-known and not D-list, people know who they are. I never heard of almost anyone in Heroes for Hire, and after reading a bit of it I know why...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I meant the characters were well-known and not D-list,
    Okay, that makes more sense.
    Though there's a huge difference between established characters and an established team.

- Le Messor
    "Do not make technical decisions based on the politics of the situation. Do not make political decisions based on technical issues. The only place these two meet is in the minds of the unenlightened."
    - Geoffrey James

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    absolutely it's marketing, so was killing off AF, and so was doing it off panel. It's all designed to make people talk, and frankly, it's been very successful
    Y'know, Ben, that is very true.
    I give the people in Marketing less credit than this. Bendis himself has said that he was surprised at the response. Maybe killing them off was marketing, but I believe that any claim of the off panel death being something more intelligent than a mistake is simply a cover up. A CONSPIRACY!!!