Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Question

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Remember what Puck said in AFV1 # 13 about the...

...significance of burial? A lot of folks might not like this, but I don't think the members of Alpha Flight should have a funeral. I don't think they are totally, completely, permanently dead.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I'd like to see an official cenotaph in Ottawa for AF.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Oooo, I like that idea. And definitly a star on the walk of fame in T.O.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Default Re: Remember what Puck said in AFV1 # 13 about the...

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ...significance of burial? A lot of folks might not like this, but I don't think the members of Alpha Flight should have a funeral. I don't think they are totally, completely, permanently dead.
    I agree. Totally, completely, one hundred percent agree.

Just once, id' like somebody to throw us all a bone. What about Elizabeth communicating with her father's spirit, and Michael says "when did i say that all the members but Walter were killed during the battle with the Collective?"

Something to keep hope alive...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default Hurm...

Ok maybe this has already been addressed and I missed it. But...In Alpha Flight vol.3 Sasquatch's team brings the original Alpha team back from the past to the present. It is also stated in the same story that they are here in the present while the real members are on the Plodex homeworld. If...the Alpha members that went to the Plodex homeworld are the ones that died in Alaska, than when did they comeback and where are the time displaced counterparts? If it was the time displaced counterparts that died that day, than the team that went to the Plodex home world is still alive and could come back. Furthermore a time displaced version of Northstar and Aurora are floating around somewhere. That means there are 2 Northstars and Auroras in the current time line. If anyone has any answers about this you will helping my self imposed headache greatly.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Default Re: Hurm...

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Ok maybe this has already been addressed and I missed it. But...In Alpha Flight vol.3 Sasquatch's team brings the original Alpha team back from the past to the present. It is also stated in the same story that they are here in the present while the real members are on the Plodex homeworld. If...the Alpha members that went to the Plodex homeworld are the ones that died in Alaska, than when did they comeback and where are the time displaced counterparts? If it was the time displaced counterparts that died that day, than the team that went to the Plodex home world is still alive and could come back. Furthermore a time displaced version of Northstar and Aurora are floating around somewhere. That means there are 2 Northstars and Auroras in the current time line. If anyone has any answers about this you will helping my self imposed headache greatly.
    Officially, according to Marvel Universe I believe, somebody somewhere decided that the althernate reality versions of AF just "poofed" (disappeared instantaneously) out of existence.
    Personally, i find that lame beyond all belief.
    Although hope still reigns in my heart, as some people at Marvel have questioned whetehr this is true or not, and have suggested that until a comic book actually says during a story that the alternate AF are gone, they could still be out there somewhere.
    But apparently, it is the real AF that faced the Collective in "battle."
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Upping the page count one time could help

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    the problem is there are alot of things that the staff say in interviews "you'll find out in omega flight" but do they really have to room? I mena they need to introduce solid characters, explain the reason for the team, explain what happened to AF, explain who gaurdian is, how sasquatch survived, how the government is takign it, if they are part of the government...and need to do this and have a solid 5 issue series.. it will be difficult
    One of my pet peeves is the page count. White Tiger# 1 has more than 22 pages (and the story is still all over the place). Dynamo 5 #1 has 28 pages (and introduced the team well) I believe Mighty Avengers #1, although I didn't buy it, has more than 22 pages.

Adding a few extra pages at no extra cost is something I think will benefit OF if it chooses to do this in #4 and/or #5.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.