Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Q at it again...

Default Joe Q at it again...

Showing the Omega Fight slide, Rosemann asked, "Has Sasquatch ever looked so cool?" To which Quesada fired back, "He's never looked cool."

Way to sell your product. fool.

Newsarama.com

I don't knwo I feel that may be taken out of context, I don't knwo jsut doesn't seem like some one would say it in the way it is portreyed

no, i read it. joe q needs to refine his stand up act on his off duty time. he meant it as a joke, it just came off well..........dumb.

i mean, if this is how tptb promote new titles at marvel, then its no wonder all that succeeds at marvel are x-titles, spiderman and avengers.

tom b rants, joe q performs stand up.

who knows.. its just so strange to see a company acting like this it just seems to try and be funny but come off rude-ish

Read it...Didn't find it funny. Can I call him Joke now, Phil?

Dana :P
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah, I saw that at Newsarama. Seriously not impressed, especially when thats the only Omega Flight comment that makes into the article.

Insulting all the artists who've ever drawn Sasquatch in the past just screams "no class" but I get that vibe from everything I read from the man.

What got me was less his comment, more on what he DIDN'T say. Joe Q is the Ultimate salesman at heart. You ask him about Big Hero Six and he'll spin how he has big plans for the future, it's the book not to miss, it'll change people's lives after you read it, blah blah blah. And this is all he says about OF.

I could expect something like "Has Sasquatch ever looked so cool?", "Personally I though he never looked cool [laughs], but now, in this new series written by Mike Oeming and drawn with the artistic talents of Scott Kolins, NO ONE will ever be able to say that again!! Don't believe me? Read the book once April comes around to find out True Believer!!"

You know what I mean? Fine make a joke, but don't end there! Otherwise your not helping but adding to the joke factor AF has gotten in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Yeah, I saw that at Newsarama. Seriously not impressed, especially when thats the only Omega Flight comment that makes into the article.
    Not so. We can't just single out what Joe said without remembering that Bill Rosemann also said "Has Sasquatch ever looked so cool?" while displaying Omega art to a packed room of people. He also talked up the lead-in via Ms. Marvel.

Honestly? It was probably just Joe joking around with Rosemann and I'm sure that live it came off as a joke. Whether it seems funny in an online recap is sort of irrelevant.

I think we're overreacting a bit. If Marvel really didn't want to support the book in any way, they wouldn't have included it in their panel, plain and simple. Marvel might not be going as far as we'd like in promoting it, but it's silly to think they're intentionally trying to harm it. That just makes no sense.

To follow up what I just posted, there was more Omega content that Newsarama didn't post about. This is from CBR's coverage

Now that there’s an army of superheroes, how will over countries respond? “New Avengers: the Initiative,” according to Dan Slott. Quesada pointed out Canada’s super-team Omega Flight as another example.

Michael Oeming said “Omega Flight” is an interesting idea Millar had earlier in "Civil War" planning. One good thing for him is that “the characters we have are pretty blank slates.” Expect character moments in the book. “There’ll be lots of superhero fighting, stuff blows up, but that doesn’t matter if you don’t have characters you can care about.”
    ...and just to prove that Joe's making stupid jokes at every book's expense:

Over in “New Avengers”, McCann said “there’s something brewing in ‘New Avengers.’” Quesada quipped “I think it’s just gas.”
    Sorry, I just can't read his jokes as malice. It makes no sense.

yeah, and lets not forget joe spent the better part of a year saying that speedball was the worse hero marvel ever created.

I jsut think after the downgrade to a mini everyone is looking for marvel to be after them, so the blog, this... its just examples of stuff we look into and go "is this why they downgraded it? cause they hate us?"

I just don't see how the "woe is us" persecution complex is going to help this book at all.

At the end of the day there's a finite group of us and no matter how much negativity we spew at Marvel it's not going to make a difference. Nobody's going to say "oh the 200 Alpha Flight internet regulars are mad, we better rethink our publishing strategy." What we need to do is get people who might not otherwise read the book excited about it, and being so consistently downtrodden about everything isn't going to do that.

Good point.

Hopefully, we'll get some OF images from Oeming at the con. Or something.

BTW, rumour has it that NotOld New Warriors is a mini, but just a rumour.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I have friends who have been readign some of my Alpha flights and i've asked them to buy omega flights instead of jsut reading mien in hoeps that it helps