Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Q at it again...

I was at said panel and I didn't personally interpret it as malicious.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I also equate Omega Flight with being Alpha Flight, Vol.4. Marvel folks (meaning both Oeming and Quesada) have flip-flopped on what exactly Omega Flight is...They have referred to it both as AF's last chance and also not being Alpha Flight. As another esteemed member here stated (I'm forgetting who, please forgive my terrible memory)...It's really unfair to leave Alpha Flight out of the equation, if indeed...It is their last chance.

Dana
    Oeming has never flip-flopped. He's always been clear on what this title was. He proposed a new Alpha Flight title, it was rejected, it was then that the idea for Omega Flight was created, since Marvel wouldn't go for a new AF title, Oeming decided to go for the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    It was a signal to readers and retailers that this isn't your dad's Alpha Flight- this isn't that food you tried several times and didn't like- this is something new. It also felt like Alpha Flights "last/Omega" Chance... at least for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFlight.net Interview
    AlphaFlight.net: You stated once that Omega Flight might be the last chance for a Flight book for a very long time. Do you feel that the decision to make this book a mini has hurt the The Flight's chances for the future?

Oeming: No, just for now. I said that because it sounded good I learned that from Bendis, who did after all, crack the Internet.

We all seem to be putting our energy into the wrong issues by even commenting on this. Whether the context of Joe Q.'s comments was in jest or not is immaterial. If we sit around spending all of our energy bashing the powers that be at Marvel we'll get nowhere. We've gotta spread the Alpha/Omega word. Use your powers for good folks! I could personally care less what Joe Q., Mike Oeming, or anyone else thinks about Alpha Flight, its characters or its viability. I'm a fan and I'd like to see many more Alpha/Omega stories in the future, so I'll spend my time working toward making Omega Flight a success, whether it's a mini, one shot, maxi, or comic strip.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Oeming has never flip-flopped. He's always been clear on what this title was. He proposed a new Alpha Flight title, it was rejected, it was then that the idea for Omega Flight was created, since Marvel wouldn't go for a new AF title, Oeming decided to go for the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    It was a signal to readers and retailers that this isn't your dad's Alpha Flight- this isn't that food you tried several times and didn't like- this is something new. It also felt like Alpha Flights "last/Omega" Chance... at least for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFlight.net Interview
    AlphaFlight.net: You stated once that Omega Flight might be the last chance for a Flight book for a very long time. Do you feel that the decision to make this book a mini has hurt the The Flight's chances for the future?

Oeming: No, just for now. I said that because it sounded good I learned that from Bendis, who did after all, crack the Internet.
    Um...Ben, your two quotes prove that he did "flip-flop" as to what Omega Flight is/was. He stated originally that this was Alpha Flight's last chance (as he said, this apparently comes from Bendis) and he later stated that Omega is something new and not really Alpha Flight (as we know it). I guess it could be thought of as both Alpha Flight and not Alpha Flight, in some ways.

...And don't forget, Mark Millar pitched an Alpha Flight proposal first or around the same time as Oeming...Both proposal's were rejected by Quesada.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

It's really unfair to leave Alpha Flight out of the equation, if indeed...It is their last chance.
    Dana
    I think you and me have both said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I could personally care less what... Mike Oeming... thinks about Alpha Flight, its characters or its viability.
    I could care less, too, because I care quite a bit about what the writer of the series thinks about Alpha and its characters.

If he doesn't like them, he's not gonna do a good series. Not that he doesn't; nothing has made me believe that. I just think it's kinda relevant.

- Le Messor
    NP: Heartless, by Heart

I could personally care less what... Mike Oeming... thinks about Alpha Flight, its characters or its viability.
    I could care less, too, because I care quite a bit about what the writer of the series thinks about Alpha and its characters.

If he doesn't like them, he's not gonna do a good series. Not that he doesn't; nothing has made me believe that. I just think it's kinda relevant.

- Le Messor
    NP: Heartless, by Heart[/quote]

Yeah for me that's more a question of his work ethic. I think you can not like certain characters and still make entertaining sotries about them. Sure it could suffer if his heart's not all there, which I don't believe is the case, but if he has strong story telling skills and wants to be a successful writer then he'll put his all into it whether he likes the team or not. The statement is more to point out that for me it doesn't matter who writes the series, or edits, or promotes. I'll be buying it if it is a good story. I'll support it since it's the closest I think I'll get to Alpha Flight in some time. More importantly the statementwas to reinforce that we've gotta get off the negative vibe and move forward with promoting this book.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

Yeah for me that's more a question of his work ethic. I think you can not like certain characters and still make entertaining sotries about them. Sure it could suffer if his heart's not all there, which I don't believe is the case, but if he has strong story telling skills and wants to be a successful writer then he'll put his all into it whether he likes the team or not. The statement is more to point out that for me it doesn't matter who writes the series, or edits, or promotes. I'll be buying it if it is a good story. I'll support it since it's the closest I think I'll get to Alpha Flight in some time.
    Yes...it might be, unfornately...What's more unfortunate, is that some folks are content with just any old thing, rather than nothing...And that may hurt the prospect of getting Alpha Flight back at all.

More importantly the statementwas to reinforce that we've gotta get off the negative vibe and move forward with promoting this book.
    If it's a good series, then heck yes...We should support it, if it's not then...Well.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

If it's a good series, then heck yes...We should support it, if it's not then...Well.

Dana
    Yeah I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Vol 3. I fthis one goes in that direction, I'll be keeping my money!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah for me that's more a question of his work ethic. I think you can not like certain characters and still make entertaining sotries about them.
    AF example: Byrne.
    AF counter-example: Nicieza

Yeah I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Vol 3. I fthis one goes in that direction, I'll be keeping my money!
    From what I know, that, at least, is something we don't have to worry about.

I've never been able to keep my money.

- Le Messor
    "Check or savings?"
    "Spendings."
    - Me, after Kez, at every eftpos ever.