Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She-Hulk #16

I'll stop by the LCS and check this out. I don't read She-Hulk so I didn't pick it up earlier today.

Nice litte appearance. Showed respect and power. The art was off, since she was drawn without even having her talisman on...but otherwise pretty good.

Ben

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I felt suckered with the WEAPON X: Days of Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I have a huge problem buying "lets turn this popular hero into a check" books so I dunno if I want to fork out $3 for she-hulk
    ...with the teases and meaningless cameos. It did nothing to develop the characters, it really wasn't much of a story, and not having it would not have really mattered.

If the cameos are geared just to snooker some money (which I don't have), I'm going to have to forgo them.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I have a huge problem buying "lets turn this popular hero into a check" books so I dunno if I want to fork out $3 for she-hulk

Um, you've obviously never read She Hulk then... She hasn't been the "chick" version of the hulk since... well really ever. She's a totally different character.

Is Vindicator the “chick” version of Guardian? Or Talisman the “chick” version of Shaman?

She Hulk is consistently one of the best books Marvel puts out and this issue was one of the best books of the week... Much better then CW 7 imo. The story is basically a “homage” to Wolverines first appearance… As She Hulk is now going around taking care of Hulk’s rogues because he is off the planet… So the cameos are part of the story.

No I havn't ever read it because I don't like Hulk and I don't like Superhero's turned female..

No I don't think either Talisman or Vindicator were superhero's turned female because they fit.. and Ok some of the superheroes turned female are ok for me like Nemorita... But like Spidergirl (Arachne is ok) Supergirl, she-hulk they all look like a joke... i'm sorry.. I like some reality in my comics, and Talisman and Vindicator were held with that

I'm kinda happy to see Talisman again after so long. Now if only Witchfire will appear.

I think it’s a shame that you are depriving yourself of two of the best books Marvel produces based on the gender of the lead character.

She Hulk and Spider-girl are absolutely incredible… written by two of the best in the business (Dan Slott and Tom DeFalco) and both are books that have both been brought back from cancellation based on how much the fans love them.

To each their own but I think if you looked past your prejudiced you might find you enjoy one of them.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Who is Guardian still up in the air, of course.
    Of course. The suit flies.

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    I think it’s a shame that you are depriving yourself of two of the best books Marvel produces based on the gender of the lead character.
    Can't really speak for Smurf, but I don't think it's the gender that turning him away. I think it's the idea of creating a carbon copy of an existing hero, changing nothing but the gender, and selling it as a new series... right?

I imagine, for similar reasons, the entire cast of Teen Titans wouldn't work for him--popular hero, change age.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    Sasquatch?
    no, it's only brb, talisman and usagent.
    I recently went through Infinity Crusade #4 (or 5) again. I thought it was kind of cool that it included a brief team-up of Sas and USAgent.

- Le Messor
    Dad: C'mon out, gang! It's a perfect day! You'll get used to the wind if you keep moving! Hey, c'mon! Are you guys just going to stay inside all day?
    Mum & Calvin: SHUT THE DUMB DOOR!
    Dad: OK, OK! I was on my way back outside anyway! ... Sheesh...
    Mum: There's one in every house.
    Calvin: Just how long did you know dad before you married him?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Can't really speak for Smurf, but I don't think it's the gender that turning him away. I think it's the idea of creating a carbon copy of an existing hero, changing nothing but the gender, and selling it as a new series... right?

I imagine, for similar reasons, the entire cast of Teen Titans wouldn't work for him--popular hero, change age.

- Le Messor
    That is actually exactly why I don't like them... Like honestly if they made a carbon male copy of Wonderwoman I would be pissed too.. I just have a problem with non-creativity..

No granet She-hulk and Spider-girl might be some good books, and I might have to pick up a copy sometime.. but I dunno, I just don't see that I would want to...

actually come to think of it Omega Flight is packed full of rip-off heroes.. but the thing Is I think they were done right, they wern't carbon coppies there was enough difference to make them edgy

Arachne has a totally different persona then Spiderman IMO
    Talisman has ALWAYS had more personality then Shaman
    Beta Ray Bill.. well I don't knwo anythign really about him but he looked different enough then Thor
    Sasquatch technically was a rip from Hulk but always handeled differently
    US Agent had alwaysi n my opinion been the rebel side of america, if Captain America is the patriotic side I would say US Agent is more the "we do what we want" side.. though I might be wrong as I'm not very knowledged in him either...
    And then we might have a new guardian

So I don't know I mean I guess Its the fact of jsut taking a hero and changing him or her to another gender and switching the gender tag in the name that bothers me because it sounds rediculous.

she shows a little power and a lot of diplomacy
    the sloppy seconds line was the biggest laugh I've had so fat in 2007, and wasn't the only one in the book.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

That is actually exactly why I don't like them... Like honestly if they made a carbon male copy of Wonderwoman I would be pissed too.. I just have a problem with non-creativity..

No granet She-hulk and Spider-girl might be some good books, and I might have to pick up a copy sometime.. but I dunno, I just don't see that I would want to...

actually come to think of it Omega Flight is packed full of rip-off heroes.. but the thing Is I think they were done right, they wern't carbon coppies there was enough difference to make them edgy
    Okay...I don't see your point here either...She-Hulk isn't a carbon copy of the Hulk...Sure she has gamma-spawned strength, durability, etc..etc...But she's a she and not a he(for one big difference)...She's not a scientist, she didn't get her powers from a Gamma Bomb explosion, she wasn't grey and didn't change at night(when she first got her powers)...There are many, many differences in the two characters.

Spider-Girl is also different...Do I really need to point out the differences. Not to mention, she's a legacy character...I've always felt differently about legacy characters, than I do blatent rip-offs or sad carbon-copies.

All the Spider-Women (I-IV) have been quite different than Spider-Man too.

My problem with copy-characters(I'm talking about characters who are almost exactly like their originator...Like Wolverine's new son or that "Native" character from a few years ago) is when there are too many. It tends to water a character down.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I don't get the Spider-Girl love. I mean Shulk might be good, but I just never found Spider-Girl entertaining at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat

Um, you've obviously never read She Hulk then... She hasn't been the "chick" version of the hulk since... well really ever. She's a totally different character.

Is Vindicator the “chick” version of Guardian? Or Talisman the “chick” version of Shaman?

She Hulk is consistently one of the best books Marvel puts out and this issue was one of the best books of the week... Much better then CW 7 imo. The story is basically a “homage” to Wolverines first appearance… As She Hulk is now going around taking care of Hulk’s rogues because he is off the planet… So the cameos are part of the story.
    She Hulk is on my must read list. I'm only sorry that Slotts Thing book was cancelled. Excellent from start to finish.

The Thing was pretty good, I don't like Shulk. Never have read Spider-girl, people I know who have don't read it because they all describe it as some sort of knock-off, mostly of young Peter stories.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Ok maybe Shulk is ok.. I just don't have any desire to read about her she seems bland, and I'm sorry but I never liked Hulk, I doub't i'll like her even if she's different she still shares the name and basics of hulk.. so Thats two strikes agaisnt that book

but for curiositie's sake, if not a gamma-ray explosion how does the comic explain She-Hulk's transfermation?