Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE IDEAL OMEGA FLIGHT HQ??

Probably they'll be in Ottawa for the simple reason USAgent needs to stay close to the US embassy.

Want to know what's really pathetic?

This link
    http://www.usembassycanada.gov/

Follow the next one for an even bigger fun-plosion.

Not that it makes a lick of sense story-wise, but I'd love to see the HQ somewhere a bit forested. I loved the imagery of Department H surrounded by pine trees (Vol 2 had a lot of that). Stick `em in Northern Ontario somewhere out on the shield.

After the damage to NYC in CW #7, it would seem to make more sense to have Omega's HQ in a secluded, non-populated area.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I agree...Somewhere secluded and maybe even secreted from the general public would be best. I've always felt secret super hero bases were the best, anyway.

I'd rather Xavier's School was still thought of as just an exclusive school for "Gifted" students...Not widely known as a mutant school...It makes the kids far too vulnerable to attack from both mutant-hating humans and evil mutants(remember many of the kids were crucified by a human anti-mutant group shortly after the school went public).

I feel the same about most other super heroes. Take the Avengers or the Fantastc Four as examples...Having a mansion/sky-scraper in the middle of Manhatten is cool and all, but how many villain attacks have happened over the years and put the general public in deadly danger, because everyone knows where they are based?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    After the damage to NYC in CW #7, it would seem to make more sense to have Omega's HQ in a secluded, non-populated area.
    I concur.

What if OF headquartered in Skuttlebutt?

(Skuttlebutt is Bill's sentient starship)
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    What if OF headquartered in Skuttlebutt?

(Skuttlebutt is Bill's sentient starship)
    I would like that, but they would properly stay more to a Canadian locale.

I'm sorry his ship is named SKUTTLEBUTT?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    That's the word around the Mess...

- Le MESSor
    Andy Dick: "That's Morpheus. There's going to be a big orgy at his place later... At least, that's what many of us have heard."
    Morhpeus: "It is true what many of you have heard!"

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender

That would be the English translation of her Korbenite name, yes.

I actually wrote a mini-fic, years ago, where I created the Korbinite equivalents to their names. As I recall, they were:

Bedh Arrae Bel: Machine-Beast Bel and

Skad Ul Bedh: Great Sky Machine

Totally non-canon, of course.
    Mario

I know we'd ll like to forget that Volume 3 existed, but how about the Plodex ship in the Arctic? it's secluded, it can tessaract, and has a slue of possibilities.

(Oh, btw, I'm NOT dead. Just internetless fro the time being. I'll pop in every now and then)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    I know we'd ll like to forget that Volume 3 existed, but how about the Plodex ship in the Arctic? it's secluded, it can tessaract, and has a slue of possibilities.

(Oh, btw, I'm NOT dead. Just internetless fro the time being. I'll pop in every now and then)
    NOOOOOOO! Volume 3 is just a Bobby Ewing shower scene!!

I read somewhere they are in Parliament Hill. Wasn't that where Department H was originally??

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

Even though the ship is cool, I'd hate for a Canadian team to have an HQ in a place of constant snow. Parliment Hill is at least fitting.

PS
    Good to hear from ya again!

Yes, they'll be based 'under' Paerliament Hill. Old or new Department H digs?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.