Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE IDEAL OMEGA FLIGHT HQ??

Default THE IDEAL OMEGA FLIGHT HQ??

Personally, I always liked Tamarind Island, nice place for spooky storylines, but I know, a bit isolated. Anyone any idea(especially Canadians, love to hear your views) on where the team would be based that would give good story opportunities?? This would help MA Oeming when we succeed in making the title ongoing.

Default hehe

I have to say, when I saw the title of this new message roll up on the first Alpha Waves screen, I mistook the Q in HQ for an O. I thought - well that is an easy one - either Aurora or Murmur...

Hahaha, good one Ahab!

I had gone back to re-read Vol. 1 and get the issues that I never read and was thinking about this. I don't recall where I am at the moment, I know I just finished Building Blocks, when they switched creative teams. Point being, they had just moved into a new HQ and have not really finished it.

I never thought that the island got enough time as an HQ, as soon as they got set up, it was destroyed. It would be nice if they were able to get a place and keep it for more than a few issues!

I still wish they had kept the base in northern canada that bedlam made... Though it became a spaceship so Omega wouldn't use that but I liek the idea of seclution.. canada is the perfect place for that with its low populated northern terretories!

Really I have no preference. Tamarind Island, Department H, Moncton. Though since OF is 'spinning' out of Civil War, having an eastern HQ makes more sense, since Civil War seemed to exist out east.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

It would be nice to see the HQ being on the prairies or in the maritimes.

Balancing on top of the C.N. tower?

But seriously, located in toronto is probably the best. Maybe the Calgary what with its oil. And my dream would be that they would establish a base in Citadel Hill!!

I think it should be in Ontario, at the meeting point of James Bay and Hudson Bay!

Just put them in Ottawa. Presumably, Talisman can teleport them anywhere in a hurry.

Which Is why I liek the idea of a secluded base in the northern terretory away from people but they coudl teleport where needed... don't want the american government extraditing anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Really I have no preference. Tamarind Island, Department H, Moncton. Though since OF is 'spinning' out of Civil War, having an eastern HQ makes more sense, since Civil War seemed to exist out east.
    They can hang out at my place!

If there's only one team and have to rely on mechanized transportation I'd say someplace geographically central like Winnipeg or even Saskatoon would be best. Granted, not likely much going to be happening there though. Simple truth is that Canada is far too large a land mass to be patrolled by a squad of six.

Giant Stanley Cup shaped tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    If there's only one team and have to rely on mechanized transportation I'd say someplace geographically central like Winnipeg or even Saskatoon would be best. Granted, not likely much going to be happening there though. Simple truth is that Canada is far too large a land mass to be patrolled by a squad of six.
    They'll probably be centrally located (Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto) but I hpoe when Oeming said they'd run into farmiliar faces, that he means there's at least one former AF member per city (not a "Canada Initiative" but just to see that OK, Flex is covering Manitoba, the Twins have Quebec etc etc) that they can meet and teamup with when they are in the area.

Thanks for the input guys! Seclusion is well and good, but if the teleporter leaves, you better have a quinjet!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    They'll probably be centrally located (Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto) but I hpoe when Oeming said they'd run into farmiliar faces, that he means there's at least one former AF member per city (not a "Canada Initiative" but just to see that OK, Flex is covering Manitoba, the Twins have Quebec etc etc) that they can meet and teamup with when they are in the area.
    That would be good if they bumped into people in the cities... not perminant members but still oens willing to help, maybe even have become local solo superheroes for the city that they are in