Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another lead-in

Default Another lead-in

MS. MARVEL #14
    Written by BRIAN REED
    Penciled by AARON LOPRESTI
    Cover by GREG HORN
    “THE DEAL” Part 2 of 2
    It’s CIVIL WAR fall-out time, as Ms. Marvel’s new beginning continues – with guest-star Arachne! What is Operation: Lightning Storm? How will Carol Danvers use it to confront the repercussions of her actions during CIVIL WAR? What does Julia Carpenter, a.k.a. Arachne, have to say about it? And what does all of this have to do with Omega Flight?
    32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99
    FOC – 3/15, On-Sale – 4/4/2007

Maybe Omega Flight will become an ongoing, again, sooner rather than later. Wonder if this comes out before or after OF #1.

BTW, my wfe bought me another subscrption to OF for my birthday
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Gurrr...apparently the Champions and New Warriors are getitng on-goings it better

http://www.marvel.com/news/2.849?utm...aign=rss+feeds

The New New Warriors title, if Marvel is stupid enough to make it an ongoing after the OF fiasco, will be a hard sell unless it's really Young Avengers under a new title.

With all the OF tie-ins it sems dumb that it's a mini still
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

If it's the Champions we saw in Civil War #6 that's HORRIBLE!

What it seems like is the group will be made and kept in the marvel universe.. The mini will go, and odds are a series will start I doubt that they won't make a seires with all the tie ins everywhere it seems not only is OF going to become a series but its going to be the first AF series to actually have a life outside of its book it will have some weight in the Marvel Universe

With 2 Avengers books, Champions, New Warriors, Thunderbolts etc, OF has its work cut out for it.

Why not cancel one of the umpteen X-Books. I'm buying New Excalibur currently(only for Captain Britain) and I still don't know why I keep coming back, it is baaaad.

If much as I hate to say it, Marvel put an X-character in the book(ala Sage, Juggernaut etc in Excalibur), it might grab an audience. But who would fit in to the team and draw an initial audience(AND DON'T METION THE W WORD!!, SNIKKT!)

I actually hope that they don't bring a "big name" into OF. I was never one to go against the odd cameo back in my day but I want Omega to succeed on it's own merits, not gimmicks.

This is may sound odd, considering that I have not read the book, but I get a sense that this team will have the "spirit" of the Alpha that I fell in love with as a kid. I had always hoped for that one hook in a story that would catapult Alpha into an Avengers like status.

Hope this is making sense, I haven't had my coffee this morning.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Toxie
    I actually hope that they don't bring a "big name" into OF. I was never one to go against the odd cameo back in my day but I want Omega to succeed on it's own merits, not gimmicks.

This is may sound odd, considering that I have not read the book, but I get a sense that this team will have the "spirit" of the Alpha that I fell in love with as a kid...

Hope this is making sense, I haven't had my coffee this morning.
    This makes a lot of sense to me. I don't believe that bringing in a big name (and I'm referring primarily to Wolverine) is the ticket to longevity.
    I think that the speculators who are still buying everything X may hop on the bandwagon for awhile and disappear just as quickly when the X-appearance is over. I have a feeling that Wolverine's popularity is being stretched thin and may not last much longer.

Alpha Flight can stand on its own, with a solid creative team, some committed editorial guidance, and a decent story. Although it is a few weeks from being confirmed, I'm pretty sure Omega Flight has two out of the three this time around.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Alpha Flight can stand on its own, with a solid creative team, some committed editorial guidance, and a decent story. Although it is a few weeks from being confirmed, I'm pretty sure Omega Flight has two out of the three this time around.
    I think we can bank on all three. We know the creative team is solid, in turn I have faith in the story, having gotten to know Mike a bit, and having read other work he's done, I'm confidant. Andy Schmidt is the editor in charge of OF, and he's a class act.

Ben

if only it had decent Marvel Confidence..grrr

well, i'll wait and see but how marvel can justify launching champions as a ongoing when its previous incarnation only lasted 19 issues, without a mini,will really irk me.

technically AF's last incarnation lasted only 12

volume 3 never existed, i will argue with anyone who says otherwise.

apparently it did seeing as MML and Puck II were sprawled out accross the cold icy hills of canada in New Avengers #16