Thread: Sasquatch-Tanaraq still a connection?

Default Sasquatch-Tanaraq still a connection?

Default Re: Sasquatch-Tanaraq still a connection?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Why wouldn't there be...He still takes on the form of Tanaraq, doesn't he?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That's what I thought, but apparently from the handbooks and marvel workers believe he doesn't anymore.

That's what I thought, but apparently from the handbooks and marvel workers believe he doesn't anymore.
    Hmmmm...And they're never wrong...wait for it....

Dana

well, really the body that Walt is now in is still Snowbird's old body. When she restored his manhood he retained the ability to transform into Sasquatch. It was never made clear if this was a shape changing left-over from Snowbird's body, or if he regained his connection with Tanaraq. I can't see Snowbird's spirit re-bonding him with one of her grated enemies though.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I can't see Snowbird's spirit re-bonding him with one of her grated enemies though.

Ben
    Maybe it happened accidently, as even when Snowbird was in control and took Tanaraq's form she to ran the risk of falling under his control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I can't see Snowbird's spirit re-bonding him with one of her grated enemies though.

Ben
    Maybe it happened accidently, as even when Snowbird was in control and took Tanaraq's form she to ran the risk of falling under his control.
    Exactly...Narya would run the risk of becoming possessed by Tanaraq whenever she took his form...I seem to recall something about her only being able to take Tanaraq's form because Walter was the host-form of Tanaraq and Walter was a native-born Canadian(The Great Beasts were not native to Canada, or even Earth AFAIK)...Or something to that effect (It's in issue #23, I believe)....Or it could just be my faulty memory.

Dana

Other way, she couldn't transform into Walter as he originally wasn't from the North, but "hybrid melding" Tanaraq was.

I think technically, Snowbird couldn't transform into Walter or Tanaraq, but she could transform into the "hybrid" Sasquatch.

So if Walter is now inhabiting Snowbird's body, then I would think there would be no way Tanaraq could influence him.

I agree that if Walter's current power to transform was a given to him by Snowbird when she returned him to his mortal form, then there would be no Tanaraq connection either.

Unless Walter is a member of a secret Tanaraq worshipper cult...

yeah when she turned him back in #69 I would have guessed it would have gone normal because she killed him in order to kill tanaraq so I believe when she put him back into his old form with the ability to transform back to sasquatch she cleared up the connection

Except even when Snowbird transformed into the hybrid version, Tanaraq took over her body and as stated was always under risk assuming his form.

Other way, she couldn't transform into Walter as he originally wasn't from the North, but "hybrid melding" Tanaraq was.
    Oh yeah...Because the Hybrid of Walter and Tanaraq was "born" near the arctic. I had a feeling I had something messed up there.

Still....Wouldn't any being taking on that form be succeptible to possession by Tanaraq (whether it be Walter, Snowbird, etc...)?

Dana

EDIT: Whoops...Mungi, I didn't see your last response.