Thread: Aurora

Default Aurora

I did an extensive edit of Aurora, to what was there and adding the whole bit with the recent X-Men appearances.

I used what was there, and memory. I'm old so the latter might not be too good, if someone wants to fact check.

These are the notes I made as I worked:

age of thirteen in suicide attempt that revealed powers?
    disappeared for a few days immediately following the suicide attempt?
    accept guilt for all of her crimes, needs footnote 2007 X-Men Annual

my interpretation of the life of Jeanne-Marie up to her full-time status in the Flight is that Aurora was pretending to be Jeanne-Marie. She was living at the school when JP met her; he questioned why Jeanne-Marie and Aurora could not be the same as J-P and Northstar were, but he seemed unaware of the clinical MPD until the Jeanne-Marie personality surfaced during the first fight with the Master. The original article stated that she was switching between personalities.

Aurora and Walt hooked up in New York on a government-ordered mission against Machine Man, so the statement “After the team went independent of the government<sup>2</sup>, Aurora began a long-term relationship with team-mate [[Sasquatch I|Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch)]].” is inaccurate.

The relationship between Walt and Aurora was kept secret: Guardian was surprised to find that Walt was shagging Jeanne-Marie during the fight with the Master; Walt questioned what the rest of the Flight would think when Aurora unilaterally decided to move in.

The Marvel 2-in-1 fight...that was against the “Ravager”, right?

The original article indicated that Walt’s alteration of Aurora affected the MPD; my interpretation (as outlined in the edit) is that the MPD development was an influence on the alteration, not vice versa.

result of her irrational achluophobia (fear of the dark)....I took out the "irrational". The root of it being locked in a closet by nuns for an extended period of time makes it a very rational response to the perspective of Aurora’s survival. The same goes for Northstar “foolishly” falling for the belief he was an Asgardian Fairie...the stroyline WAS foolish, but I don’t know how foolish it was for NS to have believed it.

I did edit out many details in the post-Volume One text that indicated more activity of the team or individual members than it did Aurora. I felt this streamline the entry’s focus to Aurora.

In the MU, is it "Sabretooth" or Sabertooth"?

“Neither Northstar nor Langkowski had any clue as to Jeanne-Marie’s location, health or status from the time she had been abducted by Weapon X.”–Northstar was clearly in the dark when Sabretooth teased him about knowing where Aurora was. There is assumption that Walt searched off panel and was unable to find her despite having exhausted all leads.

There’s a touch of speculation about a connection between the Children and the twins. If there should be nothing that is not canon in the entries, it should probably be removed.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I also wrote up something on The Children (of the Vault?) while doing the update to Aurora.

However, I have no idea how to do a new entry.

This is what I wrote, (it is related solely to the AF connection, not a total overview of the Children) if someone wants to cut and paste (and maybe fact check as well):

The Children are a lost society of superhumans who are neither Mutants nor Marvels in the traditional sense. They have existed in secret for centuries and actively protect the secret of their existence, by any means necessary, including murder and assassination.

When the mutant Sabretooth chanced upon the existence of the Children, the Children marked him for death. Sabretooth fled to the X-Men for protection. The Children then broadened their targets to the entire Xavier Institute. In marshaling forces for this attack, The Children recruited and brainwashed former Alpha Flight members Northstar and Aurora and amplified the powers of each twin. Northstar and Aurora took point on a devastating attack on the Institute before being captured by the X-Men squad led by Rogue. This squad of Rogue, Mystique, Cable, Cannonball Iceman and Sabretooth defeated The Children, who have vowed revenge.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'll do a comprehensive edit and addition to NS as well, when time permits, and I'm willing to take the twins along with Arachne as "my" responsibility to update as they appear.
    www.kozzi.us

Good stuff, but I removed "Perhaps in part due to the genetic manipulation on Aurora by the Dark Beast, the twin’s could again illuminate by touching hands". During the Llan arc they could join hands once again causing the flashbang, Dark Beast had nothing to do with it. I havn't read it all yet, but the entry did need to be updated.