Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight Number Two Cover [Spoilers?]

personnally, I like the concept of that cover. Feel a little bit like issue 12 but without doing it again. it's been done enough times and to see that kind of cover only on issue 2 of a limited serie,I think would suck. But I don't think it's an issue 12 story in this case.

I like the concept, but there is something bothering me with the characters, Is it the way Talisman is drawn, I don't know. But I definitly like the concept.

As for who is in the Gardian suit, I will tell you what I think once I've seen it in the comic. I don't think it's worth taking pepto bismol over this subject.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Personally I love the cover. I think it's striking.

As for the new member... well Walter isn't on the front of #1 is he? Maybe that's just the issue he joins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Has anyone considered that the new member may just be that - a NEW member? For one thing, we know that Oeming had to change issue #2. And even if that wasn't part of the change, we can't be sure that he hasn't held information back from us just to surprise us...
    Let the speculation begin!

That is the one thing that is lacking in this team.. it is all a bunch of bunched together, already established heroes.. and don't get me wrong it is nice and a promising team and we all know we'd have this over all the "new" characters introduced by lobdell.. but still.. You look at DC comics and 90% of their comics are characters who have been around sense the 40's, but you look at Marvel and you have a ton of new characters that are always being created, and so creatively aswell. I think that a new character would be nice to the team, even all the X-men spin offs have new characters.. maybe thats just it, a NEW character is comming in, once the team is established, bring in a new character.. then again that is more suiting for a series rather then a MINI series where you really wouldn't have time to develope the character...

Oh blast I give up!

I sort of agree. We've got Arachne, who used to have her own Spider-Woman (hasn't that concept been beaten to death) book and was in Force Works. USAgent, who was in Captain America, was Captain America, was a Defender, was in Force Works, who knows what else. Sasquatch of Alpha Flight fame. Talisman, the one true character who hasn't been front and center since her creation (I mean always front and center, she was a Betan for a while and not in the book lots, hasn't been in a book for years). Now Guardian.

Guardian could be a new character (Say Laurentian MacDonald, who knows), or Wild Child, or Mac Hudson, or Flex, or God-Forbid Mailman Mike (another reason it's not him, besides the idiocy, the fact he's not Canadian, and lack of ability in every, is that Guardian is drawn pumped, muscular), or Feedback. Could be a character who has had reasonable amounts of facetime, some, or virtually none, or none.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

flex wouldn't work in my opinion.. I still think Wild child would work best though it would be cool to introduce an entirely new candien character for the guardian suit, like some one who stepped up to answer the call after the news of alpha flight's death.. it could be cool, or even a very small character from the past, not sure who exactly but it could be cool.. were there any little boys that alpha flight saved that might be grown up now? that would be tight

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    flex wouldn't work in my opinion.. were there any little boys that alpha flight saved that might be grown up now? that would be tight
    Like that kid they saved from Hull House, Flex?

....darn it.. i give up

I doubt it will be Flex or even Wild Child, I don't know who it could be though.

If it's not Mac I'm guessing it'll be a new character in the suit.

Funny if it turned out to be Walter's long-forgotten son, stepping into the breach.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    were there any little boys that alpha flight saved that might be grown up now? that would be tight
    Ermmm.... I think its only been like four years since AF first began according to teh sliding timeline. Not sure though. But this isn't that much time for a little boy to become a man unless aging is a power.

sliding timeline? what is this you speak of?

Comic books don't take place in real-time. Often a single day will take several issues. So, time moves much more slowly in a comic book.

I understand that but i figured it would eventually catch up, plus between Volume 1 and Volume two we know is the actual timeline of atleast 4 years, thats what Vindicator states, and I believe in one of the flashback scenes in like 61 or 62 of V1 that Mr. Jefferies refers to joining the team with Boches a couple years ago, which would have roughly been the time sense he joined in about the 30's

so I dunno, I mena I know its a sliding timeline but alpha flight still seems to take up quite a bit of time