Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight Number Two Cover [Spoilers?]

I love the cover - very dramatic. I think the character art looks a tad weak. However, the overall composition of the cover is striking...and I think will do a lot to attract attention when its sitting on comic book shelves.

I have to admit, I felt a little unsure with the whole "USAgent saves TO" thing. I'm still worried about the book tending towards a "Americans saving Canadians" theme. Though only time will tell.

I really don't think it will, I mean yeah U.S. Agent is probably one of the biggest draws for new readers, but I don't think it will be a focus on Americans saving Canadians, i think the new Guardian will really stand strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Why does Mr. Kolins always show Guardian as being on fire? I don't recall any other artist ever showing that, smoking gun, fire, whatever, look.
    Because it's really Northstar.

I love this cover.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Daisy could be a hurricane. Okay, that's a stretch, but it's not unpossible.
    Or Daisy Berkowitz, from the band Marilyn Manson. Okay, that's a real stretch.

The cover tells me nothing; it's just a picture of the team. Would it make me want to buy the issue? Doubt it. It's just a team shot, and if I wasn't already interested in the characters, that wouldn't fill me with intrigue.
    Would I notice and remember it? Likely--unless it's part of a series of similar covers, as Marvel does from time to time. (I still remember Oeming's Powers cut-out cover, and I've never read an issue.) It is striking, and nicely done.

- Le Messor
    "Doesn't that just make you go 'Ooo'?"
    - Buffy[/i]

I figure the "who Guardian is" and the tone of the book will determine very early if Fight for the Flight will last beyong issue #2.

If Guardian is American, especially the Mailman, rename the book Northern Avengers and add Thunderbolts to the team. I'll drop it right away. Guardian must be Canadian, I'm picky about that!

If the book is Lobdellish... same result.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Interesting cover. I like it a lot. Though the Alpha characters are the big draw, it's great to see the U.S. Agent gettin' some spotlight. And it great to see him possibly get written with respect.

I like it. It captures the eye and makes the viewer want to get closer to check it out. Hell if it sells 5 more copies based on that alone then it worked.

Well done.

Very nice. Very eye catching. It'll stand out from the generic covers we've been seeing that past x amount of years.

Its a very nice cover. The white and red covers we've seen so far are awesome. Hopefully people will instinctively buy them because of the amount of white on the cover. (The "White on a Marvel cover? It must be worth money!" Response.)

Of course nothing beats the old school covers that have speech bubbles on them.

I'm also sortof worried it could be an Americans save Canada deal, but I doubt it would be. (Worst case scenario: Talisman needs to be saved by the big strong USAgent. That could be construed as Sexist/Racist and Nationalist all at the same time.)

On second thought, I would love for that to happen. Oh yes. It would appeal to my caustic side.

Statistically speaking, mostly white covers tend to sell badly because the get dirty easily.

Sadly the Guardian on fire reminds me of the Collective...it very well could be Mike the Mail Man

I hope not. Besides, I thought I read somewhere around this board that someone was told face to face by Oeming that it wouldn't be him? Though of course, it could be a swerve I guess.

I'm thinking its a new Guardian suit with a new set of powers.

Has anyone considered that the new member may just be that - a NEW member? For one thing, we know that Oeming had to change issue #2. And even if that wasn't part of the change, we can't be sure that he hasn't held information back from us just to surprise us...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Statistically speaking, mostly white covers tend to sell badly because the get dirty easily.
    Damn ! can't read my favorite comic with Doritos like I like to do !
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix