Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight Number Two Cover [Spoilers?]

Default Omega Flight Number Two Cover [Spoilers?]

From Comic Book Resources

I don't know if a preview summary or image can be considered spoilers, but here's some space for those who like that sort of thing.
    <Begin>

End Spoiler Space.

Written by MICHAEL OEMING
    Pencils and Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
    As super-villains flood the Canadian border, Omega Flight begins to cement its team of heroes. A new character is added to the ranks as U.S. Agent saves Toronto from the powerful and beautiful (well, powerful anyway…) Daisy!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Click thumbnail to enlarge. Rehosted from CBR to avoid hotlinking/leeching.

New character added to the ranks of Omega Flight? and Daisy? never heard of her and I love obscure characters.

Interesting idea for a cover, but I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed with that one. It just doesn't scream "BUY ME".

For one it's pretty original, so right there that strikes me as a "buy cover" also I'm sure it will look incredible with the Omega Flight logo and other jazz as well.

I like it honestly, it is simple and that is the beauty of marketing.. simplicity sells.. Clutter too much and it looks complicated, but the simplicity looks amazing it sounds really interesting... blarg.. i can't wait till april

Why does Mr. Kolins always show Guardian as being on fire? I don't recall any other artist ever showing that, smoking gun, fire, whatever, look. Is it a sign that the guy wearing the suit is overloaded with energy and constantly smokes or bleeds of energy because he can't control it at all, ever? Or is it supposed to show that the suit is so poweful that it screams energy??

Daisy, as in Daisy Johnson of SHIELD? That's the only Daisy I can find.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Is it just me or is the solicitation made towards... Making OF seem jokey? Humorous? V3-esque????? Marvel could break OF if they screw up the solicits on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    For one it's pretty original, so right there that strikes me as a "buy cover" also I'm sure it will look incredible with the Omega Flight logo and other jazz as well.
    Its a very "murder mystery novel" sort of look for the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Is it just me or is the solicitation made towards... Making OF seem jokey? Humorous? V3-esque????? Marvel could break OF if they screw up the solicits on this one.
    They tend to put jokish solicits on alot of spiderman titles too.. they just get bored, I really don't think it is a problem

As for his suit being smokey... I think it is simply a new artstyle with no real reason, we are just thinking to much into it. In a more modern art style with alot more details, you can't expect the zig-zag aura to surround Guardian anymore, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the art style.

The solicit bothers me the same way. Maybe Mr. Oeming or Kolins can clear that up. If it turns out anything like v3 I'll never buy a Marvel comic again. And I'm a man who knows the meaning of forever, believe me.

A jokebook or Guardian not being Canadian... then Marvel hate mail flows freely.

I doubt Mr. Oeming is going to make Guardian a pointless character (a foreigner) and I doubt he's going after the Lobdell audience. Nothing about his BRB series or Thor series or comments on OF suggest he's going to burn us.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    They tend to put jokish solicits on alot of spiderman titles too.. they just get bored, I really don't think it is a problem

As for his suit being smokey... I think it is simply a new artstyle with no real reason, we are just thinking to much into it. In a more modern art style with alot more details, you can't expect the zig-zag aura to surround Guardian anymore, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the art style.
    Good points.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    New character added to the ranks of Omega Flight? and Daisy? never heard of her and I love obscure characters.
    Boy, three in a row...

I opened a few windows to check other boards now and Doug at members.boardhost guesses that maybe the new one joining is Guardian, maybe, or that "whoever" Guardian is shows up in #2 permanantly to be revealed as "whoever".

Live it.

I'm surprised no one's commented on the "Super villains flooding towards the Canadian border" bit yet. That sounds like a clue about what the plot of the series will be about.

I think we might be jumping to conclusions about the series being jokey because of the solicit. I can understand the sensitivity though. Oeming's presence on this board surely has made him aware that anything as goofy as the last series will be received very poorly by the core fans.

The cover looks good, IMHO.
    I agree, it'll look better yet with the OF logo, etcetera, added.

And I, too, think that the hero added to the Omega ranks in OF 2 is "Guardian." Perhaps that is when he first shows up (or more likely in the last page of OF issue 1)...
    By the way, anybody figured out yet how a "mysteriosu Guardian whom nobody seems to know who he is" shows up, when Walter Langkowski has the Guardian suit in the issue one preview pics we have seen? Anything we can figure out from that knowledge, or is it all still guesswork for us ?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

i think you guys are reading to much into the solicits. i just read all of them for the month, and they all seem very tongue in cheek. the mighty avengers one is worse than the omega flight one by far. actually most of them are pretty corny.