Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Omega Flight Number Two Cover [Spoilers?]

Not just comic time, but most entertainment timelines slide. A sitcom will have a baby born to add to the cast, next season the kid is 5. Or worse in soap operas. A kid is a young teen while a baby is born. They both disapear for awhile, then they suddenly come back the same age.

I collect Spider-Man and he's been around 10 or so years Marvel time. I remember his first fight with the Lizard. Conners son was just a kid, then each appearance after he'd get a bit older. In the 90s he was a teen. Didn't hear from him since then, comes back last year as a kid again.

I wouldn't mind if it was a kid they rescued or appeared earlier... just as long as it's not the Hudson baby, all grown up and recently returned from a sex-change operation.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Aurora rescued a little boy from Ranaq the Ravager, in the Thing team up.

Officially, I believe Marvel's policy is it's always seven years since the FF's flight.

If they didn't keep up with technology and politics, that'd actually work. Consider: If each issue takes a day (that's a figure I just made up, but it kind of works; how long per adventure? ), then three monthly hundred issues would be twenty-five years our time, but less than one their time.

But, of course, if within the comics Nixon is president, then Reagan, then Bush, then Bush (Agh!), you've got to wonder...

- Le Messor
    "Consistency is not really a human trait."
    - Maude, Harold & Maude

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Sadly the Guardian on fire reminds me of the Collective...it very well could be Mike the Mail Man
    You guys really need to start thinking outside of the box. Clearly this is not fire that you are seeing. It is odor!
    Think about it. Guardian was half-cyborg. Killed by the Collective, his cybernetic portions are still alive while his organic body decays...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Sadly the Guardian on fire reminds me of the Collective...it very well could be Mike the Mail Man
    You guys really need to start thinking outside of the box. Clearly this is not fire that you are seeing. It is odor!
    Think about it. Guardian was half-cyborg. Killed by the Collective, his cybernetic portions are still alive while his organic body decays...
    I think all the smoking power coming from Guardian is meant to make us think it's that Postman joker. I am hoping it is Mac and that the encounter with the Collective left some residual power in/on him.

I still think it is the suit's power.. personally

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I think all the smoking power coming from Guardian is meant to make us think it's that Postman joker. I am hoping it is Mac and that the encounter with the Collective left some residual power in/on him.
    I like that idea.

I might be the only one who is sick of mac's constant returns.. I mean I am much more a Heather fan then Mac fan.. I mean Mac was cool and all but you have to admit he never really had alot of deapth and most of the deapth he has was created after he died

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I mean Mac was cool and all but you have to admit he never really had alot of deapth and most of the deapth he has was created after he died
    This is exactly why I hope Mac is in the book. We never got a chance to see much of his character. When he did come back there was the whole cyborg thing that affected who he was/is. With Heather, we know and have seen her character and how she deals with things such as adversity and the death of loved ones. We've not seen that with Mac and I would like to.

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed AF as a whole I was never that fond of Heather. Mainly because of the Mantlo issues where I felt that she was handled as an obsessive supercontrolling leader who had to dominate the team's lives, and then I felt that she herself was setting a really bad example with the way she handled her relationship with Jeffries on the field. But Mac on the other hand was always on the ball. We may not have seen much of his true self, but those first twelve issues will always be the most magical for me.

I love heather for the second twelve issues, I mean I see where you're comign from with mantlo the guy really screwed heather up esspecially around issue 50 or so... but before that, when she first took the team, even the begennign of her havign the suit.. she did amazing and her reasoning for it was great i liked her more as a behind the scenes leader though...

Officially, I believe Marvel's policy is it's always seven years since the FF's flight.
    Pretty sure in a recent issue of FF, the Thing mentioned it'd been 13.

Which works for me, because I've always gone with an approximate 3:1 time ratio and that's not too far off of what it'd be my way. So Alpha Flight #1 would be 6 years ago, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Pretty sure in a recent issue of FF, the Thing mentioned it'd been 13.

Which works for me, because I've always gone with an approximate 3:1 time ratio and that's not too far off of what it'd be my way. So Alpha Flight #1 would be 6 years ago, for example.
    Now THAT I can buy... makes alot of sense, i can beleive that Alpha flight was six years ago, though I'd put vol. 2 and three back to back, volume two being a few months and vol. 3 being a few..days?

I'm going to follow the 3:1 policy from now on lol

Traditionally, Marvel time was on a 3:1 ratio. Claremont was excellent with this during his original run on Uncanny, particularly with Kitty's aging.

The sliding time plays with past history in further compressing the ration to keep the characters from being aged too much. Kind of while current stories might still be written as a 3 to 1 ratio, in ten years those same stories will be treated as a 7:1 ratio, and will further compress time gaps depicted, such as the "six months later" when the smaller x-titles were taken over by Warren Ellis(?).

If you look at Julie Power now being around 18 in Runaways, AF V1#1 must have been around six years ago.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.