From the moment I saw the Superhero Showdown Namor figure I knew I wanted to make a Black Adam out of it. The face sculpt looked perfect to me. So, after finally thinking out how I was going to do it, and having done a little sculpting on earlier customs...I was finally ready. And honestly, I can't say how happy I am with the results. To me it turned out perfectly. The only complaint I would have is the black paint. I didn't want to use the glossy black on him, feeling the flat would work out better. It scrapes off a little on the shoulders and hips, but it's easy enough to touch up once in a while.

So, first I thought I'd show you what I started with: Marvel Legends Showdown Namor.

To get my Black Adam ready I had to do some (for me) serious sculpting. I smoothed over the shorts, and overly-heavy striations on his chest. I also covered over the toes, sanded off the ankle wings and made some soles for the boots (complete with grips on the bottom). And of course, the folded-over boot tops. I know the seams are supposed to go all the way up the boot and not be on the tops, but I thought it looked better the opposite way. The sash is some thin fabric painted gold and tied around his waist.. The chest symbol is regular paper with several coats of paint cut into two pieces and shaped to the chest and abdomen. Finally, I sculpted over the small wrist bands to extend all the way up the forearm. And thus I present: Black Adam!