Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Persuasion-- The Girl in Purple

LOL, Yeah.. I'd hate to be one of the many sin's of Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    To answer you question briefly, she does not need to make contact, just has to in close proximity with air contact. She has always used verbal commands to execute her commands, in theory it's not required.
    Ben
    You know I've always wondered if Persuasion and Murmurs powers would work on deaf people.

Both of their powers are pheromone based IIRC, so im also kinda wondering of they work on just poeple or if it would work on aliens and animals, since they have a different biochemistry. Or people who couldnt smell.

sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.. The powers didn't work on goblyn I know that and many alients she couldn't...actually coem to think of it i dn't knwo when she ever used it on a non-human host.. then again it always seems that she can't use it against anyone when ever the team actually NEEDS her too lol

Persuasion later in vol.1 didn't need verbal commands to control people, she even mind-linked with the crystal planet. She did have troubles controlling Asgardian trolls for an extended period of time though.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Murmur

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I'm pretty sure she just has to speak. She has a cousin named Murmur that has to touch in order to control someone. How they are cousins, nobody knows lol.
    I could take Arlette being related to Persuasion better than a real movie director and a mom who apparently has abandoned her. Please don't clamor for this character to come back until someone thinks through her backstory.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Murmur

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan

I could take Arlette being related to Persuasion better than a real movie director and a mom who apparently has abandoned her. Please don't clamor for this character to come back until someone thinks through her backstory.
    Arlette who? Murmur who?

I'm trying to forge that character, she really was an insult.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

she was the begenning of Alpha Flight's attempt at an x-factor or one of those small teams of new comers

the thing that has really bothered me.. is the made Laura Autistic... but yet she doesn't display any sign of autism at all... infact the big backstory about her has her careing for others and she always is trying to help... that is the opposite of some one autistic.. I think Laura was more a slap in the face then pursuasion

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Arlette who? Murmur who?

'ow eezz she an insult d'ere? A cos de 'er aK'cent eez so 'ard to comperstand or d'a fact d'at she 'as no brain and would coucher with any'ting wit' a pulse at da same time as representing da whole province of Quebec?

Arlette who? Murmur who?

'ow eezz she an insult d'ere? A cos de 'er aK'cent eez so 'ard to comperstand or d'a fact d'at she 'as no brain and would coucher with any'ting wit' a pulse at da same time as representing da whole province of Quebec?
    That probably has a lot to do with it. I am more inclined to think she is less related to Persuasion and more related to
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    That probably has a lot to do with it. I am more inclined to think she is less related to Persuasion and more related to
    That's an insult to skunks. It's been scientifically proven that they carry less deseases then this comicbook character. Why, just switch the vowel in the word "skunk" and you'll get what I mean.

lol I love beer.

ROTFLMAO!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Arlette who? Murmur who?

lol, I think you really got it. Plus, she was raised in Hull house, let her be franco-Ontarians, but I must admit, that would be an insult to them too.

Why, just switch the vowel in the word "skunk" and you'll get what I mean.
    I don't get it. How can you switch when there is only 1 vowel in the word skunk?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

lol, I think you really got it. Plus, she was raised in Hull house, let her be franco-Ontarians, but I must admit, that would be an insult to them too.

Why, just switch the vowel in the word "skunk" and you'll get what I mean.
    I don't get it. How can you switch when there is only 1 vowel in the word skunk?
    Skunk
    Skenk?
    Skink?
    Skonk?
    Sk..., ahh now I see.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.. The powers didn't work on goblyn I know that and many alients she couldn't...actually coem to think of it i dn't knwo when she ever used it on a non-human host.. then again it always seems that she can't use it against anyone when ever the team actually NEEDS her too lol
    That's the problem with mind controllers as heroes. They can either solve every problem too easily, or there's always some reason why their powers don't work in every new story. Claremont handled this best with Karma, that she could only possess too people at once and needed to maintain her concentration to do so.

By extension of Purple Man's powers, it's not just water that breaks the hold, but physical shock of the water hitting. Mantlo changed that a bit when Northstar avoided being recontrolled by Kara by "staying submerged."
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

lol I love beer.
    I'll drink to that...