Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Persuasion-- The Girl in Purple

Default Persuasion-- The Girl in Purple

So, I'm new to this forum, and also new to the love of Alpha Flight (and all its incarnations). I know the original team from Uncanny X-men, but not much beyond that.

Persuasion. She's a girl who is purple. She seems pretty cool, but I don't quite understand her powerset.

Does she have to make skin contact with a person for her to take over someones mind? Does she still have to verbally command people? How does someone break free of the control? So many questions about her.. so little time

Hiya NorthernLights, welcome to the loonie-bin, make yerself at home in the cupboard, don't let nasty things certain unnamed editors have set scare you off.

As for you question, first I encourage you to have a look here: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Persuasion

To answer you question briefly, she does not need to make contact, just has to in close proximity with air contact. She has always used verbal commands to execute her commands, in theory it's not required. To break control, they have to be separated from her proximity, being dunked under water does the trick too.

Ben

I'm pretty sure she just has to speak. She has a cousin named Murmur that has to touch in order to control someone. How they are cousins, nobody knows lol.

When has it been revealed Murmur and Persuasion were related?

Seagle said it after the book was cancelled. People may not considered "canon" but I do.

Thought it was an interview, he even said Flex was Wolverine's sin.

I think he teased that he might be his son, but didn't come right out and say it. I think.

Edit: Wolvie suposed to discover his son in Origins, isn't he? Flex never lost his powers during HoM. Hmmmm

From what I saw at one site, Wolverine's son doesn't have Flex's powers and doesn't look like him. But then again, Flex isn't real so one can make him look like anything and have any kind of powers after M-day. Not like Sasquatch looks different with every artist.

I doubt it's Flex anyway.

Welcome, NorthernLights!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The son from Origins is definetly not Flex, he has a blue mohawk (forget what color it was and could be dyed.) and is a murderous monster. I'm pretty sure it's just a new character

Great, that's what Marvel needs. Wolverine, X-23 and X-24.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    It was cheese trust me on that

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    LOL....You forgot Native, Wild Thing, Rancor and Quesada knows who else...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

But then again the art in volume 2 seemed to change with every issue, so who REALLY knows what Flex lookedl ike, for all we know he COULD have had a blue mohawk!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    But then again the art in volume 2 seemed to change with every issue, so who REALLY knows what Flex lookedl ike, for all we know he COULD have had a blue mohawk!
    No, that's Earthmover

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Thought it was an interview, he even said Flex was Wolverine's sin.
    No kid likes being reminded he was a mistake...and you had to add the moral judgment of the conception, didn't you?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.