Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brevoort Against Fight For The Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Tom B. just seems to need a little "TLC". We gotta draw. Come on boys, lets's see who gets the shortest straw.

Yes I've been drinkin.
    That was great!

Nicely said Ben. Though the link to the blog doesn't seem to be working. I hadto go to the Marvel site manually. Now the Marvel site isn't even working at the moment. Hmmm.

Like you said, at least it's getting the word out, though I was a bit insulted by his condicending tone. What is with the "More later." at the end? Is that something he writes after all of this blogs or he wants to rant some more?

At least we get to see the coloured version fo the INITIATIVE sketch. Too bad the originals are all in the back.

Pretty sweet image.

(I've gotta get my girlfriend that Talisman cosutume).

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    My girl already does lol. My gf is from northern NB. MANY people there have Native in them from the time the first settlers came. They sent all males first to settle the land before sending over the women. Let's just say the men couldn't wait that long lol.

She's my Pocahontas

My girl already does lol. My gf is from northern NB. MANY people there have Native in them from the time the first settlers came. They sent all males first to settle the land before sending over the women. Let's just say the men couldn't wait that long lol.

She's my Pocahontas

Well, my better-half is asian (Vietnamese) so we make do with other things! That's all I'm gonna say............................................... .

this is a family site after all.

Well, my better-half is asian (Vietnam) so we make do with other things!
    Niiice. Ever had Swedish Twins? (not what you think)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXPcGCCUjQ&eurl=

Nah, I like hockey (Washington Capitals fan) but I don't LIKE LIKE hockey players.

Talisman's outfit copyright Jennifer Lopez methinks. Damnit I'm getting off topic again...

Okay. Lots of Tom bashing here. I know you dont know Tom and its easy to take what he says and change it to mean what you would like it to mean, but I promise you he is not being a jerk or whatever. There is a context for everything and you dont have the whole picture. Please stop the Tom bashing.
    If he deserved it I would be silent
    M!
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

That blog has upset me. I have plunked far too much money into Marvel over the years to ultimately have a carrot dangled in front of me time and time again. Yes, I understand it's a new team...but so is the spin-off from Runaways, and from all I've seen from that, they're an on-going. I've even upped my order each month of the OF mini and am plunking more money than I really should.

To have someone who works at Marvel have that sort of attitude...

Grrr....

I wonder if he took that same tone with the Spider-Girl fans.

'Omega Flight fans must be stopped'...@$$
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Okay. Lots of Tom bashing here. I know you dont know Tom and its easy to take what he says and change it to mean what you would like it to mean, but I promise you he is not being a jerk or whatever. There is a context for everything and you dont have the whole picture. Please stop the Tom bashing.
    M!
    I can certainly agree here Mike, especially since we have a "no bashing" rule here, and I'm just as guilty this time as anyone else. I had my dander up, . I'm still pretty ticked off about the untrue comments he made in his blog, and I don't think that there are many ways to mistaken what he said, but that doen't mean we have to bash the man. So I for one will not comment on the man himsle, only on what he has said, and I ask that everyone do the same.

Ben (taking the higher ground)

Good for you, Ben....

I, on the other hand...Had to tell Mr Byr..Er..I mean, Mr Brevoort how I feel.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ah, well, thanks for chiming in Mr. Oeming. From some personal, albeit distance, experience, I know that when people do rants like that they either are as angry as they sound or really misinformed.

Still sounds to me like he was misinformed. The letters and emails aren't angry or hate-filled, they aren't going to the wrong people either. I still think someone didn't want to read the mail and whined to him about it, misinforming him. After all, I really doubt he has any direct knowlege about Save the Flight. Not his department or book title to edit.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Uh.., ok I'll be nice from now on. I probably shouldn't have called him a punk or whatever I did, but I still don't agree with his comments. People do need to do research before going after someone. (Including myself)

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Good old Scratchy made a comment in the Joe Q thread:

"I have an odd question; over at Marvel.com Tom Brevoort has come out pretty strongly against Save the Flight, a campaign to increase the sales of Omega Flight months before it's launch and turn it into an ongoing.

Why be against increasing sales of a Marvel comic??

Were people against increasing the sales of Spider-Girl too, and public about it?"
    KM, do you have a link to that, I've just read through the latest 'Joe Fridays' and can't find any reference to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    M!
    I can fully understand what your saying here Mike, but surely that should be reciprocal?

I think the majority of the responses here have been mild considering. We fully expected an ongoing series created by a top notch team. The rug was pulled from underneath us. We could have really gone off the deep end, but rallied behind the book, promised to buy and promote the limited and hope it becomes an ongoing. All Ben did was set up an organised way for fans to show to Marvel that there is support out there, all Tom Breevort seems to have done is once again show Flight fans how little Marvel think of them and the books they support.

"Omega Flight Fans Must Be Stopped" was the opening to the blog. How about a private mail to Ben outlining what he said in the blog instead of going public with it?

"Protestors need to take their cues from the SPIDER-GIRL fans. Now, those cats are organized, and intelligent about what they do,". Where as Omega Flight fans are... What? Mr Breevort. He may not say it, but the implication is there.

"And they don't just whine about it, as most of these fan protestors do--they go out there and get the job done." From what Ben says, the mails to Marvel that have been through him have been anything but whiney. Still it does show just how pathetic us Flight fans are, can't organise intelligently and whiney as well, and all in the public domain so the rest of fandom can point at us at conventions and shake their heads in pity.

"And let's get real here, guys: it doesn't matter how many times you say it, if you care enough about OMEGA FLIGHT to send in an irate, venom-filled letter, then you're not going to not buy it simply because it's a limited series. It's ridiculous to believe we're likely to be bullied or intimidated by so transparent a threat." Mr Breevort may have recieved mails like that, but having known Ben through his AF work for nearly 10 years, if he says none of the mails that have passed through the Save The Flight site have been like that, then that's what I believe.

I totally agree that bad mouthing Tom Breevort is not the way to respond, but I hardly think the tone of of the blog served any other purpose than to alienate us a little bit more and upset a lot of people who have been supportive of Flight books since their inception.

Edited to add : Found this interesting from the latest 'Joe Friday's'
    "Q: acky4778” - I'm biting my nails in anticipation for the return of Alan Davis and the ClanDestine!! (FF: The End is great too!) Any details you can drop about the relaunch? (Is it a mini? Ongoing? And will you re-release the original Alan issues in a gorgeous hardcover? PLEASE???)

JQ: ClanDestine is being planned as a series of limited series, in order to give Alan the lead time he needs to be able to write and pencil each issue. We’ll be making an announcement as to when the first issue will be released once we get closer. And yes, the plan is to collect the original issues at the same time
    . "

Now don't get me wrong, I love Clandestine to bits, but it gets a series of limiteds compared to OF's one. Clandestine which lasted 12 isssues in it's own series, four of which were a bad 'Dallas' shower scene moment, a two part limited series with the X-Men and not much else, unless anyone cares to enlighten me. This weighed against the Flight teams that have 162 title issues, two X-Men limiteds and numerous other appearences.

Just to enphasise this, I am not knocking ClanDestine, but it's little wonder that some Flight fans get a little irate when they feel they are being kneecapped and then called out as bullies and of below average intelligence.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

some of his comments were uncalled for and seem like they stem from frustration of getting so many letters.

but heck, he posted a whole blog, which is pretty popular, on our fight for the series.

willingly or not, he got the series publicity.

we win!

btw, that silvestri art colored is unreal.