Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brevoort Against Fight For The Flight

Good old Scratchy made a comment in the Joe Q thread:

"I have an odd question; over at Marvel.com Tom Brevoort has come out pretty strongly against Save the Flight, a campaign to increase the sales of Omega Flight months before it's launch and turn it into an ongoing.

Why be against increasing sales of a Marvel comic??

Were people against increasing the sales of Spider-Girl too, and public about it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    And I just looked through a pile of emails, and people have gone out of their way to be polite in their letters, none can be seen a rude, and definitely not "irate, venom-filled". He put his foot in is, and is trying to be sure people don't notice. I hope he makes some response to me, and puts my post back up.

Ben
    Indeed, even mentioned it on the Oeming board: http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=103035

Look at that folks, make a little noise, make them realize you won't shut up, and something interesting happens...my post has been restored.

Ben

Good, shows that we won't be pushed over

I'm getting told your post just wasn't approved and thus removed on the Oeming board.

Ok, so it looks like I may have jumped to conclusions, she says that's how it works there sometimes, I'll take her word for it. I assumed since it was there, and then was gone that it wasn't approved, easy mistake to make, but a mistake none the less. Let's not let this effect the nature of what Tom B. said, and what my responses were. I still feel I deserve a response from the man himself about the inaccurate comments he made.

Ben

Completly agree, "So if that's how it operates in the bloq then I apologize, still annoyed with Tom's quotes in general and the "deleted or not deleted" debate won't change it."

Heh.

"Irate, venom-filled."

Right.

Like we'd expect that to get results.

I'll tell you this much, we're taking this a LOT better than the fans of a certain DC hero did a few years back....
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Well, thats a pretty disgusting, and frankly, immature response from Brevoort. The man can't even be bothered to get his facts right.

And is it just me, or does the colouration of that image of Omega Flight make BRB look like a zombie? His skin colour is normally a fairly bright orange, and there it looks like "month old corpse"

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Well, thats a pretty disgusting, and frankly, immature response from Brevoort.
    I agree and what does it for me is his bravado in basically saying that they know they have our money so complaining about anything to them is 'pissing in the wind'.

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    I agree and what does it for me is his bravado in basically saying that they know they have our money so complaining about anything to them is 'pissing in the wind'.
    Yeah. Basically its a John Romero "Suck it down" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    But people aren't even complaining in these letters, for the most part. They are stating that the would like an ongoing series, that they support OF. Very little *****ing, mostly positive support, and nothing "irate and venom-filled " or "threatening and bullying" as he said.

this tom fellow seems like a jerk. we are the fans of marvel. we have the rights to complain and justify our beloved charatcers if we wanted to. i work at wal-mart and one thing i have learned over the years is to listen to the customers. he in a sense is blowing us off and saying we are wasting time. but if it wasn't for us he wouldn't be living in a nice house and working for the leading comic book company. he'd probally be begging for money over at image or something. i hope alot more people at marvel are like oeming and the rest of the omega flight staff. i hope they realize how much it means to the flight fans that they take time out of their schedules to talk to us. they realize we are their number one customers and it is important to know what we think and keep us informed. so to oeming and the crew thank you for all you have done. and to tom i'll be the bigger man and keep my mouth shut.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Good things happen. I agree about the good emails, I sent one, a friend of mine agreed to send one, a student I teach sent one (and got a response, oddly, about why he cared!). Now my wife has sent one. A letter too.

Maybe (OK, I'm nuts) Brevoort is playing devil's advocate. Sure, that sounds crazy. OK, it is. Maybe someone who reads the emails has pretty thin skin and would rather read emails praising his/her bosses ad nauseam (neat term :P ). And s/he complained to Brevoort, who never reads any of these emails, and he willingly went on a rant.

But we'll see if he responds to Ben or someone about this.

BTW, how can he compare us to Spidergirl fans?? As my wife said, "Wasn't Spidergirl already an ongoing, so buying more copies or giving copies to people who didn't read Spidergirl made sense, where Omega Flight isn't an ongoing and isn't even out yet, so how can people increase sales those ways?"
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Tom B. just seems to need a little "TLC". We gotta draw. Come on boys, lets's see who gets the shortest straw.

Yes I've been drinkin.

Seriously, what a punk Tom is. I feel stupid wasting my time just reading that blog he wrote. People should do a bit of research before they "call people out."

But well put Ben. Your represent us all very, very well. If I ever got the chance to meet you, I'd have to buy you a case of beer.