Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brevoort Against Fight For The Flight

Default Tom Brevoort Against Fight For The Flight

Tom Brevoort new blog has come out basically bashing the Fight For The Flight campaign, though it seems he has not actually looked at the site and has assumed that the campaign was simply a letter writing campaign. I have made a public response.

http://www.marvel.com/blogs/Tom%20Brevoort/entry/674

What I said in response:

As the organizer of the Fight For the Flight (http://save.alphaflight.net/) campaign which Mr. Brevoort is commenting on, I feel I should make a public response to this. The campaign was designed to encourage sales, and to give fans an easy means to inform Marvel that they support the title. I don't know what letters Mr. Brevoort were reading, but the majority of the ones I saw go through the site were simple respectful letters stating that fans had a desire for the series to be regular length. Not a sigle "irate, venom-filled" letter has gone through,

As for the letters going to the wrong address, maybe one of the addresses was the wrong one, and I'll take it off, but the letters have also been going to officex and to Joe Quesada. I certainly am taking no offense to you comments Mr. Brevoort, in fact by posting this open letter, you have shown that the campaign has gained interest, attention, and has shown that the book is making people talk, yourself included, and it's not even on the shelves.

As for the comment on the site being an excersise in futility, I beg to differ. It is NOT a petition, if you look at the site you can see that very clearly, it's fans organizing themselves to support the book, and to get people to buy it. The letters are an aside simply to let Marvel know that the book has fan support.

So I have respectfully removed MHeroes@marvel.com as a recipient of the letters. I would have appreciated Mr. Brevoort simply informing me that this email address was pointless instead of the tone of this blog, but heck, he's just raising more awareness for the campaign.

I would be happy to discuss this with you privately Mr. Brevoort.

Thank you,

Ben Wells

Nicely said Ben. Though the link to the blog doesn't seem to be working. I hadto go to the Marvel site manually. Now the Marvel site isn't even working at the moment. Hmmm.

Like you said, at least it's getting the word out, though I was a bit insulted by his condicending tone. What is with the "More later." at the end? Is that something he writes after all of this blogs or he wants to rant some more?

At least we get to see the coloured version fo the INITIATIVE sketch. Too bad the originals are all in the back.

Well I lost respect for the man

He's never been a Flight fan in the least (his responses to questions show that awfully well). Like Joe Q he has his favorite characters and pushes them ad nauseam. But he also seems to work against charcters he doesn't like.

We lost a supporter in Marts. Alonso and Schmidt are, at worse, ambivalent but not against AF, they'll support it if we do. Cebulski too.

But I'm pretty sure Brevoort and Quesada are anti-AF. My opinion.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I don't think anyone is anti anything that will make money, they just don't have the same faith in the Flight that we do, that's the whole point of Fight For The Flight, to instill some confidence for them. I don't understand Tom B's reaction, but like I said in my response to him, all he's doing is helping us make noise, and bring attention to the title.

Ben

They deleted my response!!!!!!

Ben

Immature, Tom obviously didn't do his research and now has to cover his tracks.

I'm shocked...really. He publically posted inacurate comments about something I am responsible for, but won't allow me my public response...I made a quick couple posts again about my comments being deleted, I also sent him an email, and posted a message to him on his Comix-Fan board. Right now I'm pissed and want to create a **** storm about it, but I'm gonna let myself cool off before I do anything else.

Ben

You are justified being pissed, you respond in a civil and kind manner so they simply delete your comments? Nice thought Marvel has such control over what they want you to believe even if it is inaccurate.

I don't understand that. Truly a lack of class by Marvel.com or Brevoort. Wrong guy went to DC, maybe.

You said zero inflammatory. Heck, I've read inflammatory stuff by Avengers and Spider-Girl fans not deleted.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

it's not about being inflammatory, it's about my comments proving his points as being wrong. Made his whole blog look really bad I guess.

Ben

Holy hell... Well I frequent the CBR forums and in the ask Tom Brevoort section of Civil War the guy usually behaves like an @$$ so this comes as little surprise.

Now I think I might write to complain about Brevoort himself, as insulting the fans is just wrong.

Edit: Ben I have to wonder why both of your comments are flaggable as offensive but none of the other posters are... How odd.

Edit #2: Someone should ask Joe Q over at Newsarama what he thinks about blogs like that. I bet Newsarama would pick it up for the next New Joe Fridays. I'd ask myself but the Newsarama boards don't work for my computer for some odd reason...

The truth hurts, and Breevort implied the Fight for Flight site want people to be pissed yet on the email page, "Through this email form, you will be sending your opinions directly to Joe Quesada (Marvel editor in Chief), and to the editorial office for X-Men related books. We do ask that you remain respectful while expressing you point, much more is accomplished this way."

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Edit: Ben I have to wonder why both of your comments are flaggable as offensive but none of the other posters are... How odd.
    I assume that all new comments have that link until a mod comes around and decides if each post is in, or out. My last one is obviously out.

If you look at his list of blogs, it says there are 18 responses to that blog, but when you enter it you are only able to see 8 of them. So more are getting blocked than are allowed to be seen.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    The truth hurts, and Breevort implied the Fight for Flight site want people to be pissed yet on the email page, "Through this email form, you will be sending your opinions directly to Joe Quesada (Marvel editor in Chief), and to the editorial office for X-Men related books. We do ask that you remain respectful while expressing you point, much more is accomplished this way."
    And I just looked through a pile of emails, and people have gone out of their way to be polite in their letters, none can be seen a rude, and definitely not "irate, venom-filled". He put his foot in is, and is trying to be sure people don't notice. I hope he makes some response to me, and puts my post back up.

Ben