Thread: Bowen & Shaman

Default Bowen & Shaman

Bigger pic when you click on the site thumbnail.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

NOICE!

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    NOICE!
    Indeed! 'Bout time Shaman got some appearances in 3d. (He was one of the characters skipped in the toy line.)

- Le Messor
    "You're doing a lot better than Peter Weller in the opening scene from Robocop."
    - Family Guy, and, blame Obsidian. He brought up Robocop.

Terrific! I'd defitnitely buy this one.

I agree that Shaman seems to be the "forgotten character" of the classic team. He wasn't in the toy line, as already stated. And, back when he was still doing AF sketches at conventions, John Byrne remarked, "No one --but no one-- has asked for Shaman." I think this may be because Shaman is something of an unobtrusive, low-key character, compared to some others, like Sasquatch or Puck, who are more active, and thus, more often in the limelight.

I'm glad to see Shaman finally getting some recognition!

That's awesome, but only 6 inches...don't know if I can justify spending $57+ for a 6" bust

I am all over this one! Must have! So Vindicator and Shaman. Maybe Beta Ray Bill and USAgent. Shaman has always been a favorite of mine. He will be mine!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I got mine! Very nice.

Here is the text from the side of the box. Oddly, Marvel has trademarked "Shaman", a very expensive thing to do for a character they seemingly killed. To the right of the text are the covers to Alpha Flight #1 and Wolverine #179. NOTE: the image gallery on this site for the "Wolverine" title is not working so if anyone reading this knows who can fix it, please let them know. Or if it's you, please fix it. Thanks.

Love,
    rplass
    -----------

SHAMAN(TM)

THEN & NOW

Marvel's most mystical medicine man was conjured forth in the classic pages of Uncanny X-Men #120 (April 1979). This landmark issue introduced readers to the members of Canada's premiere super-team, Alpha Flight, and the X-Universe was never the same. One of the standouts from this issue was the debut of Shaman(TM) (real name: Michael Twoyoungmen), who cast a spell on fans with his unique blend of Native American magic and super-heroics.

Twoyoungmen's path to shamanism was not an easy one. Forgoing his birthright, Twoyoungmen abstained from studying the arcane teachings of his forefathers, instead achieving a successful career as a medical doctor. Although he was a highly gifted physician, Twoyoungmen was unable to save the life of his ill wife. As a result, a schism developed between him and his daughter Elizabeth, one that would persist for many years. Feeling hopeless, Twoyoungmen adapted a hermit-like existence in the Canadian woods, until one day destiny visited him in the form of a familial vision quest.

While still in despair, the spirit of Twoyoungmen's grandfather, the former magician of his tribe, visited him, and began training him in the shamanic tradition. Revitalized at being given a second chance, Twoyoungmen devoted himself tirelessly to this new calling. He was given a powerful medicine pouch, one that housed a pocket dimension, and from which he could draw forth nearly anything that he could imagine, as long as his faith was unwavering. Upon completion of his training, Twoyoungmen was recruited by Guardian, the leader of Alpha Flight andgfiven the appropriate code name Shaman(TM). He served with the team for many years, and was reunited with his daugher, who eventually became a powerful mystic in her own right. Alpha Flight's combination of mysticism, mutants and technology established them as one of the most efficient groups of super-beings to inhabit the Marvel Universe. And no matter their foes, whether rival teams of Canadian meta-humans or the other-dimensional Great Beasts, Alpha Flight could always count on Shaman(TM) never failing to reach in to his medicine pouch in order to pull forth whatever was necessary to save the day.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com