E

R

S

P

A

C

E

So...

The issue begins with the 'Men rushing the twins to the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier in order to correct their minds and save them because as Cable puts it (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'they did such a bad job of it the first time' (referring to Northstar circa Wolverine:Agent of Shield).

Cable begins using Shield's technology to fix the twins and we get to see some nicely researched flashbacks, of the twins upbringing and their time in AF.
    There are some slight issues that longtime readers may have quibbles with, regarding Northstar's past, and Aurora's treatment at the hands of the nuns that raised her, but generally the pages read well.

However. while this is going on Exodus and yet another Acolytes team (which strangely consists of a lot of characters I understood to be dead... but hey, this is Mac territory eh?) and the prosess is disrupted causing Northstar and Aurora's minds to be melded together.

The battle rages on, both with the X-Men vs Acolytes, and between Northstar & Aurora's minds untill the twins realise that to correct themselves all they have to do is harness their powers and... well, a classic J-P/J-M power combination.

This then frees them and Northstar is able to save Rogue's life and effectively the day.
    The Rogue/Northstar friendship, from way back in the first X-Men/AF ltd series is briefly touched upon here, or at least alluded to, a nice touch for the fans.

By the end of the issue the twins are completely healed mind and body, they're good rather than evil and they don't join the Acolytes as some of us feared.

All in all, in my opinion, a decent issue leaving the twins in a good condition for other writers to use.

WOO HOO! Thanks for the update Phil.

Seems like a nice issue. What's going to happen to them? Are they staying with the X-Men or going back home? Or it's not said?

Can you tell us Phil what are the minor stuff you did not like ?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

FINALLY!!! It's about time somebody fixed the twins for good. Thank You Mike Carey. =D> =D> =D>

Best news I heard all month! Now just fix Madison's mind and get him into that Guardian suit before April.... Well? What are you waiting for!? Go!!!

This sounds GREAT!!! Northstar and Aurora are two of my favourite Marvel characters so it's great to see them becoming themselves again. It's also a good detail to have references to Northstar/Rogue's friendship and flashbacks to their past in AF.I'm going to buy it inmediately. May we see them in Omega Flight? It would be nice to see the twins reaction to their former teammates death's, wouldn't it?

Thank you Mike Carey!!!

Wonder what they have planned next for the twins. X-Men universe or not?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I wonder why they would send USAgent and Arachne while the twins are cured, by Shield, and don't think, "Hey, Canada could use these two back."

What would be nice is, if Sassy doesn't join Omega Flight, that the twins and him form their OWN private Alpha Flight with some scattered heroes from their past. They could make some great guest apperances in OF! A team protecting the border and a team fighting the Master etc. sigh, if only.

Well, US Agent and Arachne are both sort of in exile. US Agent for screwing up an assignment I believe, and Arachne for not registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Well, US Agent and Arachne are both sort of in exile. US Agent for screwing up an assignment I believe, and Arachne for not registering.
    No they sent US Agent to Canada as he was an excellent solider and the only person Tony could trust to protect Canada's best interests

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/US_Agent
    ===
    Also when the heck did this come out? My shop said it wasn't coming out for awhile.

I thought that the issue wasn't out until next week? Howd you find this out?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I thought that the issue wasn't out until next week? Howd you find this out?
    It's called advanced copies oh Dylan...are you reading? I'm coming to the shop on Monday

Benh

Dag, I wish I had access to advanced copies.

Wish I knew that before when I drove to my shop to try to pick it up and they just gave me a weird look.