Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More to wet our appetites

True, after NA it would make sense to have Sasquatch not exactly be the same person. One thing to be seriously injured (he's had that before), another to see people die, but to be almost killed, see your mates die, and know that SHIELD sent you in without any warning that this guy was a murderer... That would change him.

Is a door opening or is that a huge viewscreen? I wonder...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    True, after NA it would make sense to have Sasquatch not exactly be the same person. One thing to be seriously injured (he's had that before), another to see people die, but to be almost killed, see your mates die, and know that SHIELD sent you in without any warning that this guy was a murderer... That would change him.

Still looks like smoke from an explosion to me!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Still looks like smoke from an explosion to me!
    Did he just blow up Post-Man Pat's black and white cat!?

I don't think a view screen would smoke like that. Maybe lifting the suit, he's telling him what he did or asking what he did to Mac. Maybe Mac's alive and Smooookin' behind that door.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

know that SHIELD sent you in without any warning that this guy was a murderer.
    Did SHIELD even know that? He'd destroyed a SHIELD unit by then, hadn't he... so, yes. But, we don't know what AF got told. We know next to nothing about that chapter in AF's lives. Did SHIELD send them, or did they go on their own? (Can't remember if we know this.)

Also, I see a door opening and steam (or something) flowing in from it. Cryo? What? I don't imagine it's a door to the outside. It's a classic image.

- Le Messor
    "Color me stunned."
    - Buffy

Don't you love how many different things we all see? Seriously, i find that fascinating.
    It is one panel. Yes, it is fairly small. But it is still one image. here we all are, dissecting it, trying to find some clue as to what is to come. And Marvel worries that OF won't sell well enuff to be a monthly title?! Come on (*exasperation showing, but knowing that realistically Marvel is doing what they have to do*)!
    Anywsys, it is fascinating that we can all look at that same image, and see different details, or shape the image to see what we believe should be there. I wish i was a psychologist, I am sure there is some sort of AlphaFlight-mass-hysteria happening here ; think we could get some medication for that? Oh wait, i know what would work - bring back Alpha Flight!
    lol
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Personally, I won't be very happy with the idea of Mike being Guardian. Having the guy who killed Talisman's father and the rest of Alpha Flight on the team would be bad enough, but having him in the Guardian suit, is even worse. ...
    As for the training aspect, James invented the e-m suit, so he would have more familiarity with his own invention, some self-training, prior to being involved with Dept. H. After joining Dept. H, he'd have to had some seriously intense training if his very first assignment was to bring back Wolverine.

As for the the insinuation that James actively sought murderers for Alpha Flight, I've always been skeptical of that. As part of a huge bureaucratic operation that used James, I think he got the blame for a lot of the unethical behavior of others. Moreover, when Cody discovers the file on Bedlam, it is after the government has rebuilt the Langkowski mansion and installed a whole lot of computer equipment.

And The Master can control stuff like that.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Personally, I won't be very happy with the idea of Mike being Guardian. Having the guy who killed Talisman's father and the rest of Alpha Flight on the team would be bad enough, but having him in the Guardian suit, is even worse. ...
    As for the training aspect, James invented the e-m suit, so he would have more familiarity with his own invention, some self-training, prior to being involved with Dept. H. After joining Dept. H, he'd have to had some seriously intense training if his very first assignment was to bring back Wolverine.

As for the the insinuation that James actively sought murderers for Alpha Flight, I've always been skeptical of that. As part of a huge bureaucratic operation that used James, I think he got the blame for a lot of the unethical behavior of others. Moreover, when Cody discovers the file on Bedlam, it is after the government has rebuilt the Langkowski mansion and installed a whole lot of computer equipment.

Gary Cody discovered Bedlam in the old Dept H facility under Parlaiment Hill...Not at the Tamarind Island Alpha Flight HQ, Garry.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

You're talking about Walter here. A man who joyfully became a giant orange beast, was killed by his teammate, was a disembodied soul, lived in a Box, became a woman-the teammate that killed him... yeah. Also Dept H was screwing over Alpha Flight all the time. Betrayal isn't exactly new to him.

I just think you underestimate his ability to rebound and handle adversity.

Maybe a dream sequence for Walt? A Nightmare? There is no discernable background to really identify.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Gary Cody discovered Bedlam in the old Dept H facility under Parlaiment Hill...Not at the Tamarind Island Alpha Flight HQ, Garry.

Dana
    I think Garry was mentioning when Cody visited Tamarind Isle after Heathers Alpha had returned from Ungava Bay. AF had dispatched the Canadian Army, Cody uised a Raider Disk to gather data on AF. Then he released Bedlam from under Parliment Hill or whatever it's called. Your both right in this one.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Watch the door open up and reveal Omega Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I think Garry was mentioning when Cody visited Tamarind Isle after Heathers Alpha had returned from Ungava Bay. AF had dispatched the Canadian Army, Cody uised a Raider Disk to gather data on AF. Then he released Bedlam from under Parliment Hill or whatever it's called. Your both right in this one.
    OIC...Thanks Del. I apologize Garry, I wasn't sure what you meant.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Not a problem...

...sometimes I'm not sure what I mean.

I'm hoping The Initiative doesn't do something really wacky with Mailman Mike, and I've been trying not to be overly pessimistic, but the page of bow-tie nerd Walter/Wookie-Sasquatch just isn't getting me too enthused.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Not a problem...

...sometimes I'm not sure what I mean.

I'm hoping The Initiative doesn't do something really wacky with Mailman Mike, and I've been trying not to be overly pessimistic, but the page of bow-tie nerd Walter/Wookie-Sasquatch just isn't getting me too enthused.
    Maybe it wasn't Walter but Tucker Carlson with blonde hair?

Does anybody know anything on the ripping clothes? I swore that they weren't supposed supposed to rip when he transformed.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Not a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Does anybody know anything on the ripping clothes? I swore that they weren't supposed supposed to rip when he transformed.
    They have before. It just depends on who's writing / drawing.

- Le Messor
    "Common sense is what tells us the Earth is flat and and the Sun goes around it."