Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More to wet our appetites

Someone I know said "Maybe it turns out he was a Canadian working in Alaska." I feel that this is would be a cop out. Anybody else?

Oh, and marvel.com's catelog page as everyone probably knows has always featured a "family" page for various categories of comics "X-comics, avengers comics, etc..." Well they now have an Omega Flight family! Yay! A family of one!

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Someone I know said "Maybe it turns out he was a Canadian working in Alaska." I feel that this is would be a cop out. Anybody else?
    Yeah, I kind of would feel that it was a cop out.

now that i think about it mac had a tear running down his face in the snow in avengers, as did scott's pic from last week.

could be mac.

If that is the Mail-man, what would be the point of Sassy holding the suit infront of him as he's tied up other then telling him he's going to wear it? Maybe with one of those control chips like the new Thunderbolts have? I mean, why else show this scene? If they are just going to cart him away afterwards, what would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    If that is the Mail-man, what would be the point of Sassy holding the suit infront of him as he's tied up other then telling him he's going to wear it? Maybe with one of those control chips like the new Thunderbolts have? I mean, why else show this scene? If they are just going to cart him away afterwards, what would be the point?
    Dunno, but its not like we find out there, Guardian's identity is revealed in OF #2, and I doubt such an obvious hint would be shown in the initiative.

I find that Mikey there (its definately him imo, Sasquatch is holding a remote which is going to be used for... Showing Mikey a video of ...something mayhap?) is looking pretty fearful, while so far the two pictures we've seen of Guardian have had him looking sad/pi$$ed and ready to kick tail.

I like the art (Silvestri is great)...But anything else I have to say would end with a groan.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    None of that prevents him from being it though, and Mac had no experience as a hero untill he pulled the suit on, surely?
    Ah, but Mac designed and built and trained with the suit, as well as previous versions of the suit (Groundhog) plus he ran AF before becoming Guardian. Postman Mike... used to walk a bit in Fairbanks, used to live near Canada, visited once, isn't welcomed back.

Edit: And really, this is comics, nothing prevents them from having anyone be Guardian. They could make it Mar-Vell or Ruby Gloom or the Blob, or even Garrison Kane. If they use reality, lots prevents mailmen from becoming superheroes for no reason.
    Hey...Why not Garrison Kane?..At least he's a flippin' Canadian (he's also supposedly dead now, but that hasn't stopped most heroes from coming back).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Like I said before, maybe it's "do you know you you killed". He ain't giving it, he's making him see the evil he did.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I have to wonder if Mike even did do it...Or was he just used to do it? I don't think he asked to have the powers of hundreds (maybe thousands or more) of de-powered mutants to come crashing down on his head, causing him to go on a whacked-out killing spree.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I have to wonder if Mike even did do it...Or was he just used to do it? I don't think he asked to have the powers of hundreds (maybe thousands or more) of de-powered mutants to come crashing down on his head, causing him to go on a whacked-out killing spree.
    I never picked up the next issue of NA. At the end, did all of the powers leave him or just Magnito and Xorn's?

Edit: The Innitiative is 64 pages. I wonder how many are reserved for Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Hey...Why not Garrison Kane?..At least he's a flippin' Canadian (he's also supposedly dead now, but that hasn't stopped most heroes from coming back).

Dana
    That occured to me this week too, tho I now can't remember why.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I think Marvel is only setting the scene for postman Mike to appear in a title, not neccesarily OF. As it was left, Mikey still has some of the power(s) of The Collective, so maybe SHIELD is using Sas to get Mike onboard with the registration and training using the "Scared Straight" method. What better way to guilt someone than by having him face his victim(s). Who wants to bet that the remote activates a monitor on which Mike will watch the battle The Collective had with AF?
    If it turns out that the postman does become Guardian, then yes I'll be disappointed. I don't feel any amount of writing ability/talent (and this is not meant as an insult or an attack) can make the diehard fans forget what he (as The Collective) did to AF. It will leave too much of a bad taste to enjoy the series. My opinion on what is still speculation.

Last panel.

Look at it closely.

After Sas clicks the remote, what I see is a big cloud fo smoke and a huge hole in the wall.

Wanna know my thoughts? Sas looks pissed, over the edge. Looks like he wants revenge. Looks like he wants Mikey to run free, so he can hunt him down and kill him. he is baiting him, scaring him, trying to make him flee, so he can go after him and make him pay for murdering Sas' friends and teammates.

If that is at all correct, then the pages of OF with Walter drinking and stuff make a heckuva lot more sense. He has lost it, completely lost it. And THAT is why we are still not sure if he joins OF or not...nobody, not even Walter himself, knows if he is mentally and emotionaly stable enough to go on!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Last panel.

Look at it closely.
    Oh, you're good. I like that scenerio.

It would also explain Kolins remark about how he'd like to "see the Wrecking Crew back after they are ki..."

I think we can expect a much darker, grimmer Sasquatch than we've seen before.

Ben