Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More to wet our appetites

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    And he has no business being Guardian, no familiarity with AF, no familiarity with technology, none with the suit, none as a hero.....
    None of that prevents him from being it though, and Mac had no experience as a hero untill he pulled the suit on, surely?

Personally, I won't be very happy with the idea of Mike being Guardian. Having the guy who killed Talisman's father and the rest of Alpha Flight on the team would be bad enough, but having him in the Guardian suit, is even worse.

I don't really like the idea of a non-Canadian in the suit either, just as I wouldn't want a non-American Captain America, or a non-British Captain Britain.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Then Walt seems to use a remote control to open a door.
    Is he letting Mike into a program? Is he throwing him in jail?

- Le Messor
    "I can only show you the door. You must go through it."
    - The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    I don't really like the idea of a non-Canadian in the suit either, just as I wouldn't want a non-American Captain America, or a non-British Captain Britain.
    Now that to me is the first reason as to why it shouldn't be him.
    But I'll wait and see what's written before I bash anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    None of that prevents him from being it though, and Mac had no experience as a hero untill he pulled the suit on, surely?
    Ah, but Mac designed and built and trained with the suit, as well as previous versions of the suit (Groundhog) plus he ran AF before becoming Guardian. Postman Mike... used to walk a bit in Fairbanks, used to live near Canada, visited once, isn't welcomed back.

Edit: And really, this is comics, nothing prevents them from having anyone be Guardian. They could make it Mar-Vell or Ruby Gloom or the Blob, or even Garrison Kane. If they use reality, lots prevents mailmen from becoming superheroes for no reason.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm hoping the tool is that they intimate that everyone 'cept Walt died and the big revelation is that Mac is alive and in the suit.

I can keep my fingers crossed, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    I'm hoping the tool is that they intimate that everyone 'cept Walt died and the big revelation is that Mac is alive and in the suit.

I can keep my fingers crossed, can't I?
    'til April
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Could it be Wild Child without is powers???
    Rossignol d'Encoche

I think that when they release preview art like this, they try to avoid spoiling any surprises. They wouldn't have shown us this page if there was any chance that it revealed this dude as Guardian. Forget it.

Besides, it looks more to me like he's waving it in his face in a "look what you did" way. Which would not only lead me to think that this guy is most definitely NOT going to be guardian, but that Mac is at the very least believed to be very much dead still.

Yes but Sasquatch clicks on a remote control, I was thinking to free the bald guy, maybe? no??
    Rossignol d'Encoche

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nightingale
    Yes but Sasquatch clicks on a remote control, I was thinking to free the bald guy, maybe? no??
    Electric shock collar.

I presumed the remote was opening the door or whatever it is in the next panel...

Sweet art. Sassy looks very pissed. But I'm sure that he isn't handing the Guardian suit to the mailman (I assume that's who it is). I think he's just holding up to show him what he destroyed. Maybe? But that could mean that Mac is really dead. But it could also mean something else. Now I'm just confused.

I thought that when Walt transformed his clothes went to the other dimension with his human body?

Hmmm... Maybe Sasquatch is giving Mike a "work off your sins" kind of request? I dunno, it seems like not the smartest thing to do regardless of the situation. (Unless we find out that he has super mailman training!)

And again, a-non Canadian in the suit is crazy. Mac would die. Oh wait, he already did. But its Marvel so he could die again!

if I remember correctly Michael was just some terrified normal guy being used as a vessel for Xorn/HoM-Energy/whatever. I wouldn't call him a terrible character as much as he was a non-character. He hasn't really said or done anything yet, and as I understand it he wasn't quite in his right state of mind when Alpha was run through.

I have no problem with Michael being Guardian as long as it makes some sort of rational sense. It would make for some interesting conflict with Walter and Elizabeth... my only big concern would be "why would he wear the flag?"