Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: More to wet our appetites

Default More to wet our appetites

Check out the new preview art of Civil War - The Initiative at Joe Fridays (Newsarama). It's only one page worth, but makes you wonder what exactly it all means...

ummm....well this is pure speculation, and i may be wrong, but it looks like walter is interrogating Micheal from the collective, and he doesn't seem happy, and he's holding guardians costume.

anyone want to take a guess who may be under guardians helmet?

link to interview?

and Oeming said it wouldn't be Micheal in the suit, I would be pissed if it's him.

Whoa, it does look like he's giving him the suit....

I will be so pissed off if it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    For what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    For what reason?
    Horrible character, horrible ark and it's basically an insult. You killed AF so now you have to be a member.

For what reason?
    Horrible character, horrible ark and it's basically an insult. You killed AF so now you have to be a member.
    A character that's had literally 2 seconds of screen time is horrible?
    Horrible arc... fairplay.
    I can't see that it's an insult though, and we can't really judge untill we see how it's written, if it is actually what we're guessing.

I completely agree, King Mungi. I'll hate it if Postman Mike is Guardian. Hey, let's make Osama Bin-Laden chief engineer on the new Twin Towers! Clifford Olsen the Director of B.C. Child Services!

Duh.

However, looks more to me like he's yelling at Postman Mike (yah, it's most likely him) about killing AF, and turning into Sasquatch and showing him Mac Hudson's uniform is supposed to bring Postman Mike's crimes home to him. But give the criminal the power suit and leadership of Omega Flight????? Who cares if he didn't do it of 'free will', for heaven's sake the guy's a mailman!!

Looks like, to me:

Langkowski: "Do you know me?"

Mailman: "No"

Sasquatch: "HOW ABOUT NOW!"

Mailman: "buh"

Sasquatch: "Do you recognize this? You murdered the person who wore this suit. And 6 more..."

Mailman: "Buh?"

Sasquatch: "Let me show you, idiot murderer..." Turns on the tv.

And I really, really hope it's not going to turn into, "OK, look, mailman, to make amends for killing hundreds of people plus 7 of my closest friends we're going to give you this incredible powerful e-m suit and let you join Omega Flight. You'll get free reign to act as you like, too. Sure, it sounds sweet, being handed a weapon of mass destruction, the role of a great hero, a well-respected code name, but it's punishment enough for what you did. And your work as a mailman makes you suited to being Canada's leading hero. But remember, mess up and we'll make you Prime Minister!"

No, I think the next lines will be, "You killed my friends, and you don't remember it? Back to SHIELD with you, I want nothing to do with you. I need to talk to Kyle Gibney."

edit: And he would have no training et al in the time between this meeting and Omega Flight #1, as according to Marvel the time of Civil WAr is about 3 weeks, so Postman Mike is seeing him during Civil War, days or hours before Omega Flight forms.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

A character that's had literally 2 seconds of screen time is horrible?
    Horrible arc... fairplay.
    I can't see that it's an insult though, and we can't really judge untill we see how it's written, if it is actually what we're guessing.
    He had more than 2 seconds, and yes he was horrible for that amount of time he did appear.

I definetly take it as a huge burn against AF, if he joined I can honestly say my excitment for this series would be diminished. I dispise this character so much

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    But give the criminal the power suit and leadership of Omega Flight?????
    Technically he's not a criminal, and who said Guardian was the leader of OF?

Plus, weren't they gonna make Wolverine, a criminal killer, the leader of AF?

He had more than 2 seconds, and yes he was horrible for that amount of time he did appear.
    In the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe, from FF#1 to now it's about 2 seconds screen time realistically.

And let's see what happens before we start burning effigies ... Bendis and Oeming could well be throwing a curve here... could it be that this particular page was previewed to start up this very debate because it's been mentioned it could be him in order to fool us into carrying on thinking that?

Plus, wasn't the reveal of Guardian going to be in OF not CW:The Initiative?

He's a mailman. Wolverine has worked for various governments, the X-Men, Weapon X. A mailman, though maybe not totally of his whole volitian, killed hundreds of people. And he has no business being Guardian, no familiarity with AF, no familiarity with technology, none with the suit, none as a hero.....

Edit: yes, the reveal was supposed to be in OF #3, now OF #2...

So hopefully we can be rest assured that an abetting murderer mailman ain't Guardian.

Another edit: Make him Iron Man, makes more sense anyway. :P
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

link to interview?

and Oeming said it wouldn't be Micheal in the suit, I would be pissed if it's him.
    Its in today's Joe Friday's
    Link to full size image

Edit: Walt needs a suit made of unstable molecules or something.