Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The new Guardian - the secret is now out

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    For all we know the suit could just be cloth and all the power is from the man (or woman, see Ronin ).
    Excellent point. The suit could be being used as sysmbol of the team leader. It could be Walt in a Guardian suit of unstable molecules so he doesn't have to tear clothes or strip during his transformations.

As for the height of Guardian issue, it does not look like the characters are standing on level ground, and Guardian looks a little bigger than USAgent.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    For all we know the suit could just be cloth and all the power is from the man (or woman, see Ronin ).
    Excellent point. The suit could be being used as symbol of the team leader. It could be Walt in a Guardian suit of unstable molecules so he doesn't have to tear clothes or strip during his transformations.
    Hmmm...How would Walter have an energy halo/smoke and be able to fly, if it's just a cloth uniform? I'm still thinking it's a certain newly-empowered postal worker trying to make ammends.

As for the height of Guardian issue, it does not look like the characters are standing on level ground, and Guardian looks a little bigger than USAgent.
    He is standing a bit behind U.S. Agent...He could be about the same height.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

All this Kyle Gibney talk confuses me a bit. Isn't it true that last time we saw him he was all crazy, mute and Nosferatu like working for Weapon X? I guess it's Marvel and anything can happen but seems like a big step to go from assassin to leading a super hero team.

Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaraq
    All this Kyle Gibney talk confuses me a bit. Isn't it true that last time we saw him he was all crazy, mute and Nosferatu like working for Weapon X? I guess it's Marvel and anything can happen but seems like a big step to go from assassin to leading a super hero team.

Wesley
    Kyle, along with most others, is no longer a mutant thanks to the House of M strory arc. No mutantcy, I assume no craziness. Who knows what physical changes may have occured. I don't think he's been seen since it happened so he is at least a possibility. Anyone know of an appearance since HOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Anyone know of an appearance since HOM?
    There is none.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Odd is a better way to characterize his real name...

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ...The Shroud is just a cool character that I wouldn't mind seeing in Omega Flight, though his real name...sucks.
    I love the Shroud...Do I want him to be a member of Omega Flight?...Nah. Do I want him to be in the Guardian suit?...HECK NO! [me neither. GAF] Here's a Marvel character who's past/origin is reasonably unconvoluted and simple....Don't make him a flippin' mess, like everyone else at Marvel! [I agree]

What do you mean his real name sucks, Garry? Maximillian Quincy Coleridge...Well...It is a bit odd....LOL.

Dana
    It's just overkill. Jeez, "Quincy"?

A mysterious figure who can get to the bottom of all sorts of underhanded, behind-the-scenes stuff? In a less conspicuous manner than any of the former Alphans or current Omegans will be able to do? (to paraphrase the smash-hit movie by the Distinguished Competition) Department H needs an enema.

As for Mailman Mike, since I last posted, it seemes like he would be a good candidate for Thunderbolts if his motivation is to redeem himself for what he did.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Yes...I agree....Stick Mikey the Mailman in the Thunderbolts. He shouldn't be on any Flight team...Or anywhere near one.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Dana, I'm with you on that one. We've already got 'Speedball' doing 'Penance', last thing we need is a bleeding heart with a consience to pander to. Mailman Mike would be better suited anywhere but OF.

What's the chances it is him and we all grow to enjoy how MAO wove it all together ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Otherwise, off to Thunderbolts with him!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Dana, I'm with you on that one. We've already got 'Speedball' doing 'Penance', last thing we need is a bleeding heart with a consience to pander to. Mailman Mike would be better suited anywhere but OF.

What's the chances it is him and we all grow to enjoy how MAO wove it all together ?
    It would be an unexpected surprise. If they do it, I hope they do it well...
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.