Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new Guardian - the secret is now out

If it's Chuck Moss, I'd think the image in Iniatives would show him much bigger and taller, he's like 6'4" after all.

I'm still thinking it's Hudson, maybe Wild Child, but to me the 'smoking' is asign of how much energy the suit has.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i'm goin to bring up a good point. in the promo pic at the time we couldn't tell if that was talisman. we all assumed it was her and we were happy to be right. but in the pic the only possible canadian i see is guardian because the other characters were three americans and one mystery guest.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    If it's Chuck Moss, I'd think the image in Iniatives would show him much bigger and taller, he's like 6'4" after all.

I'm still thinking it's Hudson, maybe Wild Child, but to me the 'smoking' is asign of how much energy the suit has.
    Oops, forgot about the height thing.

I dunno. Why would Hudson change the team's name? Do you think he would have gone all suicidal? I believe that if he survived, Mac is nw retired, for good.
    Here is a thought!
    Maybe Mac DID survive. Maybe he is going to be their Govt liaison! I really cannot believe that, with all the various troubles Mac had with how he viewed his own leadership skills from time to time, that he would be able to watch his team get slaughtered and then put the suit back on and go to work...
    No, right now I am betting that Mac DID survive. Probably hurt pretty bad, maybe so much so that even if he WANTED to put the suit on, he couldn't. Think wheel-chair bound, or something. That could be why the team was named Omega Flight - as far as Mac is concerned, his time as Guardian is DEAD, finished, done - dead, just like Omega Flight tried to make him in issue 12 of volume 1.
    And maybe Mac himself has a hand in picking his new sucessor.

Maybe you are right, maybe the suit has more power now, and that is why it is smoking. Or maybe it is so busted up, that it is malfunctioning after the 'battle' with the Collective?

Still think it is Kyle "Weapon Omega" Gibney in the suit.

But here is to thinking Mac is still around, just not very well physically or emotionally. The suit allowed him to survive, but it hurt him bad. So too has he been hurt by the death of his teammates, and his wife. And now he has a child to raise by himself. Any wonder that he doesn't want to risk his life in the Guardian suit again?

Any thoughts on this hypothesis?
    Maybe THIS is the big secret regarding who is in the suit. Not so much that somebody else is in it, but that Mac is alive but retired from super-heroing, yet still with the team in some capacity...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein
    i'm goin to bring up a good point. in the promo pic at the time we couldn't tell if that was talisman. we all assumed it was her and we were happy to be right. but in the pic the only possible canadian i see is guardian because the other characters were three americans and one mystery guest.
    You have a point. But, with all due respect, you are really just trying to play with words, and I do not think that was Oeming's idea here.
    Your idea, and way of getting around what was actually said, could be possible...but that'd be like saying Oeming lied. I can't believe that, any more than I believe that Marrina is in the Guardian suit...

Alos, it would have been "two Americans", an alien, and somebody that looked like either Talisman or Snowbird. Alos, even the alien was shadowed, hoping to fool people into thinking it might be Thor.
    Too much of stretch. I like my idea better. But you are entitled to yours. We will all find out, eventually. Unless Marvel cancels the mini-series, too!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

If Snowbird can change into any creature native to Canada, can she turn into a man? Has man been around these parts long enough to be considered a "native creature"? Also, if she is part god, is she still considered Canadian?

My head hurts.

You have a point. But, with all due respect, you are really just trying to play with words, and I do not think that was Oeming's idea here.
    Your idea, and way of getting around what was actually said, could be possible...but that'd be like saying Oeming lied. I can't believe that, any more than I believe that Marrina is in the Guardian suit...

Alos, it would have been "two Americans", an alien, and somebody that looked like either Talisman or Snowbird. Alos, even the alien was shadowed, hoping to fool people into thinking it might be Thor.
    Too much of stretch. I like my idea better. But you are entitled to yours. We will all find out, eventually. Unless Marvel cancels the mini-series, too!
    i agree with your point but i don't believe Oeming lied to us. but he may have planted the seed. he has got us talking, debating, and sometimes argueing about omega flight and guardian. he has us all guessing. what better way to amp the release. everyday i yern for this comic. i not only wait the return of the flight but dang it i want to know who the new guardian is and why. if this is part of Oeming's plan then kutos to the team.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    But, with all due respect, you are really just trying to play with words, and I do not think that was Oeming's idea here.
    Your idea, and way of getting around what was actually said, could be possible...but that'd be like saying Oeming lied.
    I agree. If that's Mac in that suit, I'll feel like Oeming lied directly to us. Not only did he see only one Canadian in that picture (and I'm sorry, but it's true (stupid song lyrics) he's the writer. He knows where every character is from; if he saw a picture of Steve Rogers and Warren Worthington, and he was writing them, I'd expect him to say 'Two Americans'); he also has said (I can't find the ref, but it's on one of the interviews) that ONE of those people has extreme ties to Alpha Flight. ONE. That would be Talisman.

If that's Mac, then I'll think Oeming is a liar.

Which won't affect my reading of the book, btw.

- Le Messor
    "All writers are liars."
    - I don't remember where I heard this recently...

Mmmmm? The Shroud, I don't think so, I get the impression that OF are going to lean towards a Pro-Reg, given that there must have been ana agreement between the US and Canadian governments for US Agent to join the team. Then again Arachne was anti-reg and has joined, so that could be a moot point.

Mailman Mike, didn't MAO tell Garry A1/ at a con that it wasn't him?

I think it's got to be a shock candidate, otherwise the reveal, isn't going to be the event we envisage it to be. This to mind narrows it down to
    Hawkeye, but last I saw he was playing Mr Wobbly with Wanda.
    Cap, maybe as a statement, "I am no longer a representative of a US system which has implemented ... and have therefore taken on the flag of a country which I feel represents the values etc etc". Yeah, bit of a stretch I know, so I'm leaning towards Mac as he seems the most logical candidate.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I got it! It's the alternate son of MAc and Heather, that grew faster in a temporal dimension!

or... It's the Mac-Heather entity The best leader Canada as ever had, what do you think?

I just don't know, I feel silly this morning.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I still don't really have a clue or a guess who it is

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Mmmmm? The Shroud, I don't think so, I get the impression that OF are going to lean towards a Pro-Reg, given that there must have been ana agreement between the US and Canadian governments for US Agent to join the team. Then again Arachne was anti-reg and has joined, so that could be a moot point.

Mailman Mike, didn't MAO tell Garry A1/ at a con that it wasn't him?

I think it's got to be a shock candidate, otherwise the reveal, isn't going to be the event we envisage it to be. ...
    MAO did say at the Baltimore Convention that it wouldn't be Mailman Mike, and unfortunately things can change as we've seen with the change from ongoing to mini-series, but I got the impression that starting off with a lot of the things that left a bad taste in reader's mouths wasn't the way this series was going to go. Personally, I think Mailmail Mike shouldn't put on Guardian's suit for the reason stated by someone else: redeem somebody for killing most of Canada's premiere super-group by making him the county's symbolic hero? That's too goofy even by Dept. H standards....and I hope it never happens.

I also don't think that Kyle/Wildchild should be in Guardian's suit either because, well, he's nuts and he was a key member in the group of Omegans who killed Mac. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...but goofier things have happened. I don't think that Walter or Elizabeth would appreciate (or stand for) it one bit, though.

A lot of people want it to be Mac and I can respect that and I would prefer that, even though it would either (1) stretch suspension of disbelief
    or (2) keep reminding everyone of the continual "resurrections." If done succinctly, it just might work. The Shroud is just a cool character that I wouldn't mind seeing in Omega Flight, though his real name...sucks.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: I still don't really have a clue or a guess who it is

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    A lot of people want it to be Mac and I can respect that and I would prefer that, even though it would either (1) stretch suspension of disbelief
    or (2) keep reminding everyone of the continual "resurrections." If done succinctly, it just might work. The Shroud is just a cool character that I wouldn't mind seeing in Omega Flight, though his real name...sucks.
    I love the Shroud...Do I want him to be a member of Omega Flight?...Nah. Do I want him to be in the Guardian suit?...HECK NO! Here's a Marvel character who's past/origin is reasonably unconvoluted and simple....Don't make him a flippin' mess, like everyone else at Marvel!

I'd like to see him as a renegade hero patrolling the night (maybe even on the run from the authorities)...In Los Angeles.

What do you mean his real name sucks, Garry? Maximillian Quincy Coleridge...Well...It is a bit odd....LOL.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I like the theory it could be Shroud.

Could it be Chuck Moss?
    Yeah, I was thinking about both those names myself last night.
    Shroud was supposed to run to Canada with Arachne and her kid, wasn't he, until he got nabbed and then subsequently escaped. Seems to make little sense to have him stay in the US with his girlfriend (wife?) in Canada. Heck, maybe he will show up as a teammate in the Omega Flight ongoing series... if it happens.

As for Chuck? Well, maybe his mystical powers would help to explain why Guardian always appears to be smoking or steaming?
    I was more thinking that the new Guardian suit might have different powers than the old ones. Perhaps some of the powers from Heather's geothermal Vindicator suit.

I was more thinking that the new Guardian suit might have different powers than the old ones. Perhaps some of the powers from Heather's geothermal Vindicator suit.
    Yes, possible as well.
    For another long-shot possiblity, I was thinking of that little seen character from AF Volume II, wasn't his name Flinch or something like that? He glowed red, and was real mysterious.
    Of course, Guardian's suit is steaming, not glowing red. Ne'ermind!

Maybe it's just all the energy given off by the man who was once host to....The Collective!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

For all we know the suit could just be cloth and all the power is from the man (or woman, see Ronin ).

Or again, a none powered person with new suit abilities. At least he looks cooler, more of a threat then just "Flying Flag Boy".

Can't wait to find out!