Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Also how many hardcovers/paperback are there going to be in total?
    12, each 240 pages long, the same size as the various Marvel produced Marvel Encyclopedia (Marvel, X-Men, Spider-Man, Marvel Knights and FF, but not Hulk, which isn't really an encyclopedia). To give you another size comparison, the DK Marvel Encyclopedia was 352 pages; larger than any single volume in this series, but our combined output will be the equivalent of more than 8 times that.

Well thank you for stopping by and giving us your input, it's much appreciated.
    Likewise, thanks for both your feedback and support.

Thank you Loki for dropping in and for the updates (and all your work). I appreciate it, considering the only Marvel comics I really buy anymore are the Handbooks.

Best.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

A bit of shameless self-promotion - the new A-Z Handbook Premiere Hardcover comes out this week. Various revised, revamped and updated entries relevant for Alpha fans, including the Flight themselves; I think I can get away with telling you that entry is one of the ones that received an expansion, covers all the team's incarnations in greater depth, and includes a few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know.

hmmmmm....

would that include their current whereabouts and possible future?

I'm definitely going to get this now! Thanks for the update!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    hmmmmm....

would that include their current whereabouts and possible future?
    Sadly not.

So I guess we will see an entry for Aurora, and Alpha Flight? Or is there more?

Anyways I'm getting it I love the handbook series, I just hope we get to see a Sasquatch power update

Anyone pick it up? My comic store was sold out so I didn't get a copy.

My LCS said it didn't come in, and wasn't on the list for next week, either.
    Maybe they are still spell-checking it.

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    My LCS said it didn't come in, and wasn't on the list for next week, either.
    Maybe they are still spell-checking it.

Love,
    rplass
    No, it came out this week.

So you deny that they spell-checked it! I knew it!

heh

Well, I'll try some other stores. Maybe my guy got it wrong.

Love,
    rplass

Ok found it at another store, np. And you were right about the "few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know." Aurora has an entry, too and you can see Marrina in the Avengers' entry and a new image of AF from vol 3. with Mar photoshopped in the middle.

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

I'm saddened by the news but also happy that the big question is finally answered: The temporal copies are gone, no explanation, just gone, and the Alphans who we weren't sure if they were the temporal copies or not that were killed by Bendis (Mac, Heather, Puck and Shaman) were in fact not temporal copies, but the real Alphans recently returned from their Plodex adventure.

Very interesting, and finally Lobdell's confusing ending is wrapped up. Unfortunately, it also means that Alpha Flight is dead. Damn nano-scorpions!

Also, they spelled, "Langkowski" correctly! yay!

Love,
    rplass

Ok found it at another store, np. And you were right about the "few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know." Aurora has an entry, too and you can see Marrina in the Avengers' entry and a new image of AF from vol 3. with Mar photoshopped in the middle.
    I did my level best to make sure that if this might be the last Alpha Flight entry for a while, then it should cover every member of the team in all its incarnations, including the trainee teams.

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

I'm saddened by the news but also happy that the big question is finally answered: The temporal copies are gone, no explanation, just gone, and the Alphans who we weren't sure if they were the temporal copies or not that were killed by Bendis (Mac, Heather, Puck and Shaman) were in fact not temporal copies, but the real Alphans recently returned from their Plodex adventure.
    Weeeell, there's a few "apparently"s in there to provide wiggle room in case a future writer decides to say otherwise, but for the moment, the entry as written is the official line, and the copies seemed to have vanished before the Collective incident.

Very interesting, and finally Lobdell's confusing ending is wrapped up. Unfortunately, it also means that Alpha Flight is dead. Damn nano-scorpions!
    Yes, Alpha Flight is dead, joining that long line of characters who have died and stayed dead, such as Bucky and Captain Marvel. Oh, wait...

Also, they spelled, "Langkowski" correctly! yay!
    We do try to fix our mistakes.

My handbook is still on order , but I'm definetly glad the temporal copy mess is finally over and we have gotten a better understanding of who died and who didn't. Thanks Stuart.

My handbook is still on order , but I'm definetly glad the temporal copy mess is finally over and we have gotten a better understanding of who died and who didn't. Thanks Stuart.
    No problem. Though I should point out that when I said the entry included a "few pieces of info even the most knowledgeable Alpha Flight fan won't already know." I wasn't referring to the clarification about the temporal copies.