Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

To my knowledge Wyre was never an official member, he had pretty much the same status as Jocasta and Marrina did with the Avengers.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE #4
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN & VARIOUS
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What were the Red Skull and Dr. Faustus' involvement in Captain America's death? Who is Revanche, and why is Psylocke wearing her body? Ever wonder how far Captain Marvel's legacy spans across the Marvel Universe? Who was Captain America during the Revolutionary War? Think the Siege Perilous was only used on the X-Men? What's the real deal with the Negative Zone? Featuring updates on Nitro, Spymaster, Starhawk, Supreme Intelligence and others; new characters like Arabian Knight and Omega Flight; and old favorites and obscure-os like Clan Destine, the New Universe's Chrome/Spitfire and more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Just got "ALL NEW Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: A-Z Update" #3 today and Shaman and Flex both have an entry in it.

Also, Death Metal has an entry with his run-in with AF too.

MM

I'll be picking it up this weekend, anything interesting about Flex?

Edit: What was Juggernaut and Namor's strength listed at?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I'll be picking it up this weekend, anything interesting about Flex?

Edit: What was Juggernaut and Namor's strength listed at?
    1. Just that he was depowered by the Scarlet Witch during HoM. His entry was only a half page.

2. Juggernaut's and Namor's strengths are both rated at 6 of 7, but Juggies durability is a 7 and Namor is a 6.

MM

He was depowered? bah! he wasn't listed as depowered before. Damn

Thanks a lot

I noticed that too....I'm guessing TPTB wanted to be rid of all the Vol 2 Newbies, but they apparently forgot Flex when they first made their list.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE #4
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN & VARIOUS
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What were the Red Skull and Dr. Faustus' involvement in Captain America's death? Who is Revanche, and why is Psylocke wearing her body? Ever wonder how far Captain Marvel's legacy spans across the Marvel Universe? Who was Captain America during the Revolutionary War? Think the Siege Perilous was only used on the X-Men? What's the real deal with the Negative Zone? Featuring updates on Nitro, Spymaster, Starhawk, Supreme Intelligence and others; new characters like Arabian Knight and Omega Flight; and old favorites and obscure-os like Clan Destine, the New Universe's Chrome/Spitfire and more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    OK so it did come out this week. We get a nice 1pg summary of Omega Flight, including a mention of the interview between Walter and Pointer previous to the mini-series. I'm still baffled why it wasn't included in the TPB. No mention of Daisy. Anyway, we also get the Silvestri art group shot and a misspelling of, "Langkowski." Oh, well. They did spell it correctly later on in the text. It assigns Sasquatch and Talisman as current members of Omega Flight, which is good news! I thought they left OF as of issue #5, but apparently they are still members. This is good because the MCP thingy could expand to include them.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

The entry irked me when they said Guardian saved Sasquatch from suffering a massive beating. Yet Wrecker who was charged with Tanaraq took it to BRB and that wasn't mentioned at all.

At least it had an entry for Omega (inaccurate as it may have been)...I was ecstatic to see an entry for Commander Arcturus Rann (of the Micronauts), after twenty years (who guest-starred in Alpha Flight Vol 2)...Finally! Slayback also had an entry and he has some ties to Canada...Via Deadpool, the Weapon X program, etc...

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    OK so it did come out this week. We get a nice 1pg summary of Omega Flight, including a mention of the interview between Walter and Pointer previous to the mini-series. I'm still baffled why it wasn't included in the TPB. No mention of Daisy. Anyway, we also get the Silvestri art group shot and a misspelling of, "Langkowski." Oh, well. They did spell it correctly later on in the text. It assigns Sasquatch and Talisman as current members of Omega Flight, which is good news! I thought they left OF as of issue #5, but apparently they are still members. This is good because the MCP thingy could expand to include them.
    Heya gang,

As writer of the Omega Flight entry, I thought I'd drop by and respond to your comments.

First, glad you guys liked the entry! It was tough trying to squeeze OF's story thus far into a single page, but I think (and hope) I did them justice.

Daisy wasn't mentioned as I felt she wasn't crucial to the entry.

"Whoops!" on the misspelling of Walter's name in the members list.

Sasquatch and Talisman are both definitely still members of the team. They've both just taken time off to address personal issues/other commitments.

The entry irked me when they said Guardian saved Sasquatch from suffering a massive beating. Yet Wrecker who was charged with Tanaraq took it to BRB and that wasn't mentioned at all.
    The BRB/Wrecker clash wasn't mentioned due to space reasons. There just wasn't enough room to cover every aspect of the OF/WC clash, so I tried to hit the major points of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    At least it had an entry for Omega (inaccurate as it may have been)...
    One typo makes the entry "inaccurate"? If you're referring to other aspects of the mini-series not being mentioned, that's not inaccurate, that's just making the best use of the allocated space.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric J. Moreels
    The BRB/Wrecker clash wasn't mentioned due to space reasons. There just wasn't enough room to cover every aspect of the OF/WC clash, so I tried to hit the major points of the encounter.
    Thanks for the reply back, always nice when a writer from the handbooks such as Stuart Vandal and now yourself visit as we do appreciate your guys works. Overall it was a fine entry, I liked it the entry just the comment that Guardian saved Sasquatch from a beating irked me as Sasquatch has taken far worse and kept fighting. Also Wrecker who was charged with Tanaraq wrecked BRB pretty bad and Sasquatch..well he is Tanaraq's avatar so don't see why Sasquatch was going to get beat up badly.

Sasquatch just seems to get the short end of the stick in the handbooks as he is listed as class 70, yet he has MANY class 100 feats and has defeated other class 100 characters. Haha, awww..well I could go on a rant but you wouldn't want to hear it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t465150.html

What other enteries did you complete for this handbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric J. Moreels

One typo makes the entry "inaccurate"? If you're referring to other aspects of the mini-series not being mentioned, that's not inaccurate, that's just making the best use of the allocated space.
    Sheeesh! Don't shoot me...I'm just saying that another poster here indicated that it wasn't entirely accurate (my exact quote: "At least it had an entry for Omega inaccurate as it may have been")...I haven't even read the entry yet.

Dana

What other enteries did you complete for this handbook?
    For this issue I wrote Omega Flight, Revanche, Ladyfair and Slayback.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Just a few corrections: Puck admited he named himself after a hockey Puck, it was Puck II who named herself after the Shakespeare character. Would make sense if it was Eugene since he often reads it, but vol.3 stated it.
    Actually, strictly speaking, it was the Plodex copy of him. Would that copy have a reason to lie over such a minor thing? No, I can't think of one. Could he get it wrong? Yes, in theory. Ever seen the original Star Trek "What are little girls made of?". Someone copies Kirk, but he has enough will power to place a clue, a response which is atypical of the real Kirk and will alert others to this being a fake.

If Alpha Flight vol.1 had confirmed the Shakespeare connection...
    Just chiming back in on this one - I've just found the volume 1 reference to Puck choosing his name from Shakespeare's elf again. I knew I had read it when I originally wrote his entry, but it's taken until now for me to find it again - naturally when I wasn't looking for it anymore.

Alpha Flight Annual #1, p.3, panel 2

Madison Jeffries "What're you readin, Puck?"
    Judd "A play about my namesake, Mr. Jeffries..Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"."

While the argument could be made that the namesake comment isn't definitive (eg even if I shared the same name as someone but the sharing was coincidence rather than design, I could still describe that other person as my namesake), it still supports the "named after the elf" over the "named after the hockey equipment" - and it comes from Judd himself, not a doppleganger of same. And it is where I got the information I used in the Handbook entry.