Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    First, it depends on the reliability of the source - are they an authority, or are they speaking about the legend? If a regular human says the Wendigo is immortal, that might be because that until it took on someone superhuman, no one was ever able to defeat it, and so its built up a myth of being indestructible.

Second, it depends what they mean by immortal (if that's the exact word). Hercules is immortal, but he can be killed - just not by old age or natural causes.
    *shrugs* They just said immortal, such as Shaman said the host was immortal, even Wolverine in his first apperance said he was immortal and an attack that should have killed him Wendigo quickly rose again as the same human host. Then in Marvel Preview when the Wendigo host was transformed back into a human, while Werewolf of the Night watched on he (the host) commented that he was immortal not just the spirit.
    Shaman should have some idea of this, as he's a magical expert. The others not so much. It's incredibly tough, sure, and regenerative, but neither that nor immortal (if it means he doesn't age) is automatically the same as unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Well, as you can see, there's Talisman (which I handed in a week or so back). I'm fairly sure there are other Alphans pencilled in for the rest of the year.
    Oh Excellent you did her entry, anything interesting you can reveal for us?
    Sorry, afraid not. :P

I know this doesn't relly fit here, but Pink Pearl has a bio at Marvunapp now.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/pinkpearlaf.htm
    and there is now a list of Alpha Flight chars on the site
    http://www.marvunapp.com/list/appalphaflight.htm
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Well She Hulk #16 pretty much proved my point the mortal form of Wendigo can't be killed. He had a HUGE hole in him and his heart cut out and was fine in hours.

Well She Hulk #16 pretty much proved my point the mortal form of Wendigo can't be killed. He had a HUGE hole in him and his heart cut out and was fine in hours.
    Probably takes steroids.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Probably takes steroids.
    Hmmmm...That could be a contradiction of the Wolverine story(Guest-starring Alpha Flight) involving the Wendigo and Jean Pierre Mauvais, Who killed the Wendigo by ripping it's heart out (then devouring it to become the Wendigo, which also is a bit contrary to Marvel's Wendigo legend). Although, that particular Wendigo could have regenerated after the event and rose from the dead too...Who knows?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I didn't take the Mauvais one to serious as Mauvais cut off the Gods of the Arctic connection to the world and Wendigo is one of their creations. So he mostly likely got weaker just like Snowbird was without it.

Shaman is getting an entry in the new update released in july.
    ====
    ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE #3
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, STUART VANDAL, SEAN MCQUAID, MICHAEL HOSKIN, ERIC J. MOREELS, AL SJOERDSMA, CHAD ANDERSON, RONALD BYRD, ANTHONY FLAMINI, STEVEN FAULKNER, MADISON CARTER, CHRIS BIGGS, DAVID WILTFONG
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    Do you think Death Metal is just a kind of music? Do you think the Zodiac Key belongs in your car's ignition? Did someone tell you that the Acts of Vengeance was a book in the Bible? Clear up your misconceptions with the latest OFFICIAL HANDBOOK! Featuring new characters who have never been covered before (Cobra, Crusader, Sabreclaw of MC2), characters from past editions receiving their first 21st-century entries (Batroc, Deathbird, Kid Colt, Klaw) and older characters who have never been covered at all ranging from the overlooked (Chrome of the New Universe, Gods of Mesopotamia, Masked Marauder) to the completely obscure (Geometer, Huntsman)! Plus, a major 5-page spotlight on the avenging son himself, Namor the Sub-Mariner! And don't forget Juggernaut, Shaman, And much, much more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hey all, just to let you know, I picked up the ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE #2 and WYRE had a half page entry in it.

MM

Well that's suprizing, any new info? and what was his stats like?

Well that's suprizing, any new info? and what was his stats like?
    Height: 5'11' Eyes: Brown
    Weight: 198 lbs. Hair: Brown

Abilities/Accessories: Wyre has enhanced strength, speed, senses, healing, agility, endurance, and reflexes. His synthetic wires are attached to his central nervous system and can extend from his shoulder region several feet in length, restraining, holding, or skewering targets with their sharp points; he also has razor-sharp claws. Wyre is a master warrior, assassin, and tracker. He has used various firearms.

Intelligence: 3
    Strength: 4
    Speed: 3
    Durability: 4
    Energy Projection: 1
    Fighting Skills: 6

Its says his current whereabouts are unrevealed, following Alpha Flight's disbanding.

Interesting stuff thanks

Oh yeah I added your Cascade request to the Alphanex.

Interesting stuff thanks

Oh yeah I added your Cascade request to the Alphanex.
    Thanks Mungi!

Was Wyre a member of Alpha Flight? I know he appeared in a few issues, but was he a member? If not, what was his status relative to the team(s)?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Was Wyre a member of Alpha Flight? I know he appeared in a few issues, but was he a member? If not, what was his status relative to the team(s)?

Love,
    rplass
    It says his Group Affiliations are, "Formerly Alpha Flight, Secret Empire, Breed."

MM

Yeah, I saw that word, "affiliation".... does that mean he was a member?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com