Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

Default Official Handbook Updates

In the first update, Puck has an entry.

In it, it stated that the version of Alpha from the past was only briefly in our time, so it looks like they cleaned up one of the Volume 3 messes.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'd like to know what happened to the temporal copies then... And does that mean that Temporal Snowbird vanished too?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I'd like to know what happened to the temporal copies then... And does that mean that Temporal Snowbird vanished too?
    Nope, Yukon Jack entry revealed the T.C Snowbird is married to him.

*sigh* that whole vol.3 ending made such a mess....

IMO that was Lobdell saying "you want classic AF so badly, then you can have 'em" *stomping off*

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    *sigh* that whole vol.3 ending made such a mess....

IMO that was Lobdell saying "you want classic AF so badly, then you can have 'em" *stomping off*

Ben
    Hey...That's almost exactly what I said about the ending of vol 3 (way back when)...Except I had Scott giving us the finger as he left...sigh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Bah...I was perfectly happy to imagine them all having gone *pop* like soap bubbles when time "rebooted" itself. Wonder if anyone took the time to wonder how Snowbird would have managed to stay and the others didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Bah...I was perfectly happy to imagine them all having gone *pop* like soap bubbles when time "rebooted" itself. Wonder if anyone took the time to wonder how Snowbird would have managed to stay and the others didn't.
    Who said she managed to stay? For all we know, when the others went back, so did YJ's wife, leaving him effectively single again.

Seriously, we only know that YJ married the time lost Snowbird, and that it wasn't the timelost Puck who got pounded by the Collective. How long the timelost Alphans stayed, how they left (and if they went home or elsewhere), whether that departure was voluntary (timelost Shaman taking them back using his documented ability to time travel) or not (time "pulling" them back to correct the timelines), whether they all went (likely, but if it was voluntary then perhaps Snowbird stayed, since she had married), etc. None of this is certain. The most likely scenario, if only because it's the least confusing, is that they all went back, including Snowbird, after an indeterminate amount of time, leaving YJ with one of the shortest marriages this side of Britney Spears, but frankly, we don't know for sure.

Loki I sent the handbook team that email we talked about, should I expect a timely reply? or wait and see?

Loki I sent the handbook team that email we talked about, should I expect a timely reply? or wait and see?
    We're in the middle of a couple of deadlines, so it might take a few days before we have time to go over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    We're in the middle of a couple of deadlines, so it might take a few days before we have time to go over them.
    No worries, I forgot to give some issue # of certain feats in question hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about.

Seriously, we only know that YJ married the time lost Snowbird
    How do we know this? Did it specify in his entry which Snowbird he married?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    How do we know this? Did it specify in his entry which Snowbird he married?
    and I quote: "After rescuing the original Alpha Flight, Yukon Jack relunctantly remained with the team and, having divorced his previous wives, eventually married Snowbird (Narya) following an adventure that left several Alpha Flight members of the past stranded in the present. The couple returned to Kemteron, where they reign to this day"

It was indeed the temporal copy

That doesn't really say for sure that is was temporal Snowbird. Just that they got married after an adventure that made temporal copies. Maybe I'm just being too picky with grammar. But you'd think that under "Known relatives" it would specify that it is isn't 616 Narya.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    That doesn't really say for sure that is was temporal Snowbird. Just that they got married after an adventure that made temporal copies. Maybe I'm just being too picky with grammar. But you'd think that under "Known relatives" it would specify that it is isn't 616 Narya.
    Well after the temporal copies were created, the real Alpha Flight was still in space.

Okay, that's a pretty good point. Makes more sense now I guess.