Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Guardian Art, Joe Q. Comments on Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Zed Flight?
    Lobdells empty promises, a bit like vol #3, empty and devoid of entertainment.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...&highlight=zed

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...&highlight=zed
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Just in case people missed this, I'll post it here too .

Hooray!

Nice to meet you, Captain Primate. A professor, what a collection of people we are, professor, teachers, coaches, techies....
    Its great that its being featured by Wizard - this is exactly the kind of place OF needs to be promoted.

Nice to meet you too! I'm lucky that as a professor, I can merge my love of comics with some of my research - its a good life!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    Posting elsewhere and trying to get non-Alpha fans to pick up the book is a great way to go and I agree with it wholeheartedly. I don't agree with buying up all the copies that don't sell to help get an ongoing. At that point all that's being done is artificially inflating the percieved readership by Marvel. If people don't buy them, the readers aren't there...so it seems a waste of money.
    I totally disagree with you. First off, I'm not getting them to order in more copies so that I can snap them up, I'm asking them to order in copies so that there will be more on the shelf...and then more people will get a chance to buy them (which they might now have if the paltry 5 or so copies that are normally put on the shelf are bought up). If more copies are on teh shelf, more people will see the book. If more people see the book, more people will buy the book. If more people will buy the book, there is a greater chance of it having higher sales and then being turned into an ongoing. I've just agreed to buy anything that is left so that the comic stores don't take a hit. As for over inflating the perceived readership, I disagree with that as well. 5 issues is a very short run - so short that it is entirely possible that it will come and go without many people (outside of the community) noticing it. Even if the perceived readership is inflated, Marvel might convert OF into an ongoing. If its an ongoing, it'll have a far greater chance to mature as a series, and therefor attract more readers...which would then mean that it would continue.

theres a few of us here that post at all the mainstream boards and try to get the buzz generated for the series. plus i am ordering 4 copies of all the issues as well as putting it on my pull list from midtowncomics.com.

it ain't as zealous as primates plan, but at least its something.

I work in a small variety shop that sells comics, and I've been hyping Omega to all our Marvel-buying regulars.