Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Guardian Art, Joe Q. Comments on Omega.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    the previous 2 launches (although message boards weren't around back then
    Weren't you ON this message board back then?

I know nothing about Oeming's writing; at least, not enough to judge. But I love Kolins' art. I love the way he made the eye 'invisible' behind an opaque lens (always drawn before as transparent).

I don't know if this picture is meant to be literal; ie: do we believe that Guardian was actually swathed in flame and crying? Vis a vis: or does it represent, metaphorically, his--death?--the loss of his team? Concordantly!

- Le Messor
    "I am the architect. I created The Matrix. And also several popular video games. I didn't create Frogger, but I came up with the name. Can you believe they wanted to call it 'Highway-Crossing Frog'? How lame is that?"

- The Matrix Reloaded, MTV version

Truly awesome image. The comments from Quesada not so awesome, but we can't do anything now other than buy the book and hope it's good.

Dude that new pic is simply amazing! I saw this for the first time Saturday morning about 3:30 am my time and I had to nearly change my sheets! But that just simply rocks. I'm almost speechless. Just awsome Scott. Just awsome.

:goes to cry in the corner, because he's so happy:

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    WOW! That is a fantastic pic of Guardian. If this kind of artwork doesn't get OF a regular series nothing will. I wonder, will we see this as a cover?
    Good call. There seems to be enough space at the top for a logo. Didn't Kolins say they wanted him to redo some of the covers in this new smudged style? Perhaps the cover for the Guardian reveal in ish 2 or 3.

Edit: I think I just my new avatar
    Dude, sweet new avatar! And that would be a sweet cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ
    I’d renew my pact with the devil to get Phil over here at Marvel.
    I knew it!

P.S.
    That Guardian pic is amazing. Fantastic. Fantastically amazing. I hope that the cover isn't coloured. In fact I hope it isn't even titled. Damn I love that picture. The tear kind of makes me think of Hudson, since the big thing out of AF #16 was that "dead people don't cry."
    That would be an awsome cover if it wasn't colored. But I'm greedy and I want a black/white and colored cover of that. Variant covers anyone?Though I generally don't like variant covers.

Excellent point about the "dead people don't cry" comments. I was in that camp. I just about give my left arm if that is Mac. Besides, he'd be so pissed that no one would be able to stop him!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    the previous 2 launches (although message boards weren't around back then
    Weren't you ON this message board back then?

I know nothing about Oeming's writing; at least, not enough to judge. But I love Kolins' art. I love the way he made the eye 'invisible' behind an opaque lens (always drawn before as transparent).

I don't know if this picture is meant to be literal; ie: do we believe that Guardian was actually swathed in flame and crying? Vis a vis: or does it represent, metaphorically, his--death?--the loss of his team? Concordantly!

- Le Messor
    "I am the architect. I created The Matrix. And also several popular video games. I didn't create Frogger, but I came up with the name. Can you believe they wanted to call it 'Highway-Crossing Frog'? How lame is that?"

- The Matrix Reloaded, MTV version

lol. ya, i meant more towards series 2, i think we only had the email list going back then.

it's true, when v.2 came out we had a mailing list, and by the end of it, it was 120 people, it was then that I handed it over to Phil. I took some time off and came back with this beast

Ben

Dead people don't cry, but when they're dying they might, and when they're dying in the show, their last tear might freeze on their face.

We see Sasquatch fighting the wrecking crew in OF #1. The Wrecking Crew has magical origins...something in the fight could cause Sasquatch to lose his magically-vased powers.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

that guardian pic is unreal. i know, i mean i KNOW that the omega series is going to sell well, it already has more hype then the previous 2 launches (although message boards weren't around back then so it is just a hunch) and believe it or not but the downgrade has not only created some outrage, but interest as well.
    the only thing that will push me over the edge is if the mini sells well, marvel drags it's feet and when it does become a ongoing mike and scott already have moved on to other projects and can not be on the ongoing. the images from scott and interviews from mike have me so ready for this series.
    Its going to sell well within the core fanbase. However, that will not make a difference in the long run. ITs only going to sell really well (and be converted into an ongoing) if other (non-fanboy) readers buy it. So, hyping the mini within the community is *not* the way to go. We need to get the word out to others. Post on general, non-alpha/omega sites/forums/blogs, talk your local comic shops into brining in more than their average number of copies. This is what I've done. I've contacted all of the comic shops in my area and asked them to order double of what they normally would. I've promised that I would buy up anything that didn't sell. Since I know most of them pretty well, and I'm financially good for it (hey, I'm a university professor, not a cash strapped teenager), they've agreed. I'm going to do that for the entire mini. For me, its a small price to pay to get Omega upgraded into an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    Its going to sell well within the core fanbase. However, that will not make a difference in the long run. ITs only going to sell really well (and be converted into an ongoing) if other (non-fanboy) readers buy it. So, hyping the mini within the community is *not* the way to go. We need to get the word out to others. Post on general, non-alpha/omega sites/forums/blogs, talk your local comic shops into brining in more than their average number of copies. This is what I've done. I've contacted all of the comic shops in my area and asked them to order double of what they normally would. I've promised that I would buy up anything that didn't sell. Since I know most of them pretty well, and I'm financially good for it (hey, I'm a university professor, not a cash strapped teenager), they've agreed. I'm going to do that for the entire mini. For me, its a small price to pay to get Omega upgraded into an ongoing.
    Well said, and wish I could do that but I'm only a college student. Soon to be univeristy, ha!

Posting elsewhere and trying to get non-Alpha fans to pick up the book is a great way to go and I agree with it wholeheartedly. I don't agree with buying up all the copies that don't sell to help get an ongoing. At that point all that's being done is artificially inflating the percieved readership by Marvel. If people don't buy them, the readers aren't there...so it seems a waste of money.

It's a noble thing your doing Captain Primate, but what we need is for you not to have to buy any spares of OF. We really need to be promoting OF out on mainstream forums etc so that an ongoing does come about and quality becomes the reason it suceeds. That said, given the art we've seen by Scott and the Mikes work on Highlander and Red Sonja, I'm a damn site more optimistic about OF than I was about Lobdells proposed dynasty of Alpha books. Anyone remember 'Zed Flight'
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    ...I'm a damn site more optimistic about OF than I was about Lobdells proposed dynasty of Alpha books. Anyone remember 'Zed Flight'
    Remember his other quote? "If they had kept me on the original series, Alpha Flight would be more popular then X-Men"

Just in case people missed this, I'll post it here too .

Hooray!

Nice to meet you, Captain Primate. A professor, what a collection of people we are, professor, teachers, coaches, techies....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.