Thread: My first Omega Flight custom -> US Agent

Default My first Omega Flight custom -> US Agent

This is a repaint of the Superhero Showdown Captain America. I did a little sculpting on the chest to smooth over the chainmail and give him the star on the right side. I think he turned out really well. I need to add some glue to his right hip and shoulder joints though, they're still a little loose even with three coats of paint in them!

I'm not sure if I'll do all of the team until I have read at least the first issue or two, but you never know...

As I said, mega talented. Enjoying the stories too!! Reminds me of the Wonder Woman opening credits with the speech and comment boxes.

Wow I can't remember the last time I saw the old Wonder Woman series! I didn't even realize it had credits like that. I might have to go pick up one of the box sets, but that'll have to wait until after I finish up my DCU Animated stuff first.

Thanks for the comments guys. I have a lot of fun putting them together. It'd a bit of an added incentive to get a figure done knowing that I can put together a little story with it afterward and maybe entertain some of you folks too.

More stuff to follow next week I hope.

Your stuff is really good, looks commercial. Would you mind putting in one non-comic full body frontal shot for your customs though? I'd like to see that. Keep up the sweet comics too.

Ask and ye shall receive. It's not exactly a front on shot, but it'll give you a good idea of what he looks like up close. The sculpt on this figure's head (from the factory) isn't really that great...but I could never pin down exactly what was wrong with it.

Anyway, here ya go.

Very nice. Love the little story too.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    The sculpt on this figure's head (from the factory) isn't really that great...but I could never pin down exactly what was wrong with it.
    Too long, perhaps?

Great work.

- LM
    "I'd kick your butt if I could find that left foot of mine!"
    - The Hunt for My Left Foot

There was a HISS with a missile launcher??

Yeah, if I remember correctly that HISS was only available from Hasbro's site when they were doing the Direct-to-Consumer 3.75" stuff. I was able to get a bunch of stuff from another collector while I was away in Japan. Most of it's all sitting in the closet at the moment, but I may have another figure coming up soon that will be taking on the Joes. I'm still working on the cape.

Yeah I've always wanted to collect toys for all the Alpha figures.. the 6 released from toybiz then find the others I guess.. I really would love if they had the original Box robot, and Mr. Jefferies in his leather jacket standign next to it... oh what a glorious time... Box and Jefferies.. now that would be nice

I have a set of the toybiz AF figures still carded that I might be willing to part with. The packaging isn't in great shape...but..

yeah been trying to find them on ebay for a good price, I just been also tryign to not spend alot lately

Who said anything about eBay? Drop me a PM and we'll talk.

Great action figure! I also love the comic that you created with him, I love the use of photos with action figures!