Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alpha flight classic in april

Default alpha flight classic in april

figured with all this bad news, some good may be warranted.

comes out in april.

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 1
    The Story: Guardian! Shaman! Snowbird! Aurora! Northstar! Puck! Marrina! Sasquatch! Exploding from the pages of X-MEN, Alpha Flight goes solo! Canada's premier super human strike force, Alpha Flight was brought together by Department H for the greater good of humankind, to battle injustice and evil forces across the globe – including the Master of the World, Tundra, Kolomaq, Deadly Ernest and Delphine Courtney! Featuring cameos by the Sub-Mariner, Invisible Woman, Wolverine and Nightcrawler! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT #1-8.
    208 PGS./Rated A …$24.99

Can't wait for these. I'm so thrilled we're finally getting bookshelf copies of the Byrne era.

Hmnn. The ability to ditch some of my floppies for a more easily stored bookshelf edition? Ok, sold! It's not often I buy trades of comics I already own, but hey... it is Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK
    Hmnn. The ability to ditch some of my floppies for a more easily stored bookshelf edition? Ok, sold! It's not often I buy trades of comics I already own, but hey... it is Alpha Flight.
    Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't be ditching the single issues or anything

I'm a sucker for trades though. If I've bought a series all the way through and I've genuinely enjoyed it I'm often very tempted to grab the collected edition for the sake of re-readability, despite the whole "paying twice" aspect. I find re-reading a series from the issues a huge pain in the ass.

Me too. I like being able to read my favorite books every month, but going back to read them again in single issue format is a serious pain. I may pick this up, even though I have a full run of vol 1 and 2.

I'm definately in for this as well. My early issues are looking very dog eared now so this format saves them further damage. Hopefully we'll get further editions as well.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yes! Yes! What wonderful news, especially in light of the disappointing item about Omega Flight, (five-issue mini-series, indeed!). If this sells well, who knows if this might bring back the original Alpha Flight? Well, just an idea....

YAY!!! Thanks you so much for the heads-up, Varo!

Dana

EDITED TO ADD: Hey...Good thought, Birdygirl!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

"Wp;verine & Nightcrawler" guest starring in something that covers only the first 8 issues?

Will this trade also be including the X-Men/Alpha/Wendigo battle from X-Men 139-40?

If so, isn't that kind of poor marketing not to mention it in the release?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    "Wp;verine & Nightcrawler" guest starring in something that covers only the first 8 issues?

Will this trade also be including the X-Men/Alpha/Wendigo battle from X-Men 139-40?

If so, isn't that kind of poor marketing not to mention it in the release?
    Maybe, which would be strange since we know their promotion of Alpha-related material has been bang-on in the recent past.

I think they are referring to the UXM #139-140 flashback sequence from AF #1.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Sweet! I'll be picking this book up. I've already got the entire original vol. but hey, I can't pass this up.

Well it's about effing time. Only been looking for them to do this for the last 15 years.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Only been looking for them to do this for the last 15 years.
    Me, too! Maybe not quite that long.

Is it in colour? Is it? Tell me it's in colour!

- Le Messor
    "I only dream in infrared."
    - Queensrÿche