Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Are we being asked to advertize a flight series again(just like Vol 3)?

Dana
    so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight.
    Tinky Winky Flight! Sad but true I suppose. I've been tempted a little bit to pick up vol 3 as my LCS has the two trades for it. But I'm sure if I spent $30 US on it I get pissed and burn them after the 1st. issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'll be ordering two copies of Issue one from one store (Newbury Comics). I may use a banner.

Are we being asked to advertize a flight series again(just like Vol 3)?

Dana
    Naw, I think this is a different matter completely. I think the only reason Marvel let Lobdell do his book was because of what he's done for them in the past, but they certainly had no commitment to the title at that point in time. From everything I gatherd in talking to Schmidt, Marvel is behind getting this mini to sell, and should it sell well enough, it will be on thier list of stuff to publish in maxi later. I get the impression we will see advertising for this. They are being plugged in the CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE There has already been an add in Marvel Previews, and the impression I got from Schmidt in an earlier interview is that we can expect to see a several page preview in the next Marvel Previews.

Ben
    Assuming all this press comes to fruition, this is good news to hear.

In some way, yes, but for Lobdell Flight we were trying to keep the series going and get a new writer/direction so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight. This time it's to make things last with the current creative team doing the writing as Omega Flight, as we expect it to be good from issue #1 on, not goofy and getting sillier as you move along....
    When did the prior Fight for Flight have a stated objective of a writer change?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

Another reason why they should get a great creative team together and launch a new AF series featuring Wolverine (just to kick it off)...Maybe make X-23 a member? I'm mostly joking, but hey...It might work...Maybe?

Dana
    Seriously, if they promoted "Major changes for Wolverine" in the first issue it would work. I'm all for using such a petty and cheap tactic!
    Major changes? ...Like maybe Logan (or James...or whatever) is only in two books a month (AF and his own solo title)? I'd be up for that too.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Those who would buy OF because Wolverine is in will leave...

...when he isn't in it, dropping the sales off, probably dramatically. Depending on Wolverine to sell Omega or Alpha Flight would prove that whoever pitched the idea hasn't thought through their conception of the team/book very well. Omega/Alpha would eventually have to hold its own without Wolverine, and if there isn't anything to go on besides him, the series would be pretty much doomed, anyway.

This I think is true: Omega Flight is not X-Men anymore than Alpha Flight was X-Men.

Believe that we will get a good, complete story in 5 months. I do.

1) Instead of claymation-man, readers are getting The Wrecking Crew.

2) Instead of Centennial and Yukon Jack, readers are getting Sasquatch and Talisman.

3) Instead of a group of newbies who were held out to be Alpha Flight,
    readers are getting a lot of the original (true) Alpha Flight.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Those who would buy OF because Wolverine is in will leav

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ... Who isn't pretending to BE Alpha Flight.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

2) Instead of Centennial and Yukon Jack, readers are getting Sasquatch and Talisman.
    Dissing Centennial? Whaaat? How can you diss a super old guy who seems to have the power to have the strength of an average 20 year old??? How!!!?

Besides, several times during volume 3 he made a comment about how rediculous things were getting and I thought to myself: "Even he gets how bad Lobell is!"

...And I still want MMJr to be Guardian. Lost Innocence is the best Innocence!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default If you saw me, you'd probably be even more surprised...

...and I, too, appreciated that Centennial knew how absurd the entire series was, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Yukon Jack are not well-liked and will never truly be Alpha Flight.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    ...And I still want MMJr to be Guardian. Lost Innocence is the best Innocence!
    He wouldn't such a bad Guardian, but again, Oeming said you'd only ever see him again at his gravesite, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24

When did the prior Fight for Flight have a stated objective of a writer change?
    I'm not sure it was ever stated, but Quesada hinted once that if the series wasn't liked a new direction/change of writer was possible to get the team out of the funnies. I know that's true. And I know people bought the comic hoping it would improve. I know I did, I had high hopes for the Flashback arc but it failed pretty bad, outside of Henry's art of course.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

...when he isn't in it, dropping the sales off, probably dramatically. Depending on Wolverine to sell Omega or Alpha Flight would prove that whoever pitched the idea hasn't thought through their conception of the team/book very well. Omega/Alpha would eventually have to hold its own without Wolverine, and if there isn't anything to go on besides him, the series would be pretty much doomed, anyway.
    Garry.....That is in no way what I had in mind for Wolverine's presense in the book to be.

This I think is true: Omega Flight is not X-Men anymore than Alpha Flight was X-Men.

Believe that we will get a good, complete story in 5 months. I do.

1) Instead of claymation-man, readers are getting The Wrecking Crew.

A lot of the original AF???? In possibly two/three members? Suuuure.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ah, we know so little of what Omega Flight is to bring us. Will it be Mac or Walter as Guardian (I honestly think the Captain America rumours are goofy)? MML even? Will anyone else but Shaman be dead from New Avengers (I saw the part where Wolverine says to Postman Mike "You killed heroes" today, so now I get that quote's context). Given that, I feel Shaman, MML, Zuzha are dead for sure, Puck and Heather likely (but that is soooo a guess), Mac maybe, especially if he isn't Guardian. But really I'm guessing on pretty much everything; other things cloud my mind too, so my guesses could be getting worse
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Ah, we know so little of what Omega Flight is to bring us. Will it be Mac or Walter as Guardian (I honestly think the Captain America rumours are goofy)?...
    I'm with you, not really trying to start controversy. I want Omega Flight to succeed. Don't really wish any bad luck on Mighty Avengers, just wish Omega Flight got the same amount of promotion---should at least have been in the 2007 Wizard preview---that MA is getting. A fair shot.

Previous post is about the up-grade in characters. In comparison, the ones so far mentioned are more popular than the ones that aren't the original AF.

...once upon a time.

A lot of the original AF???? In possibly two/three members? Suuuure.

Dana
    Yeah, I'm with you, I'd rather have nothing at all.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Unless Omega Flight is going to ignore AF's demise...

...it would be logical to say something about what happened to Alpha Flight (which, as they appeared in New Avengers# 16, included Guardian, Vindicator, Sasquatch, Puck I, and Shaman (forgot him, of all people) a good portion of original AF). IMO

I don't think another nail in the coffin is what anyone wants, and bringing back the less-popular characters too soon would hamper OF's chances to succeed.

...once upon a time.