Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrjr2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee

WHY GIVE AN UNTESTED TEAM LIKE HEROES FOR HIRE AN ONGOING SERIES AND OMEGA FIVE ISSUES??ARE MARVEL CRAZY?? OEMING AND KOLLINS GIVEN 5ISSUES???!!!!!
    Heroes for Hire was tested as a Daughter of the Dragon Mini, It sold well, and is now an ongoing.

Madrox was a mini that sold well and became X-Factor vol3.

Omega is a now a mini....I wonder how we could get it ongoing?

Works in reverse as well
    Alpha vol3 Bombed.....Team Killed
    New Warriors "Reality Check" Bombed.....Team Killed
    The Thing Bombed......Currently in France
    Both AF v3 and New Warriors were jokefests aimed at a very limited audience.

But New Warriors gets a revival too, want to bet it's not downgraded to a mini in 3 months?

The last two Punisher series sold poorly, now we get Punisher War Journal again.

Several X-men series bombed lately, but we get another Wolverine series and X-23 again, as if that gets more than X fanboys going. Too bad there still are so many people willing to buy anything wolverinish just because
    Another reason why they should get a great creative team together and launch a new AF series featuring Wolverine (just to kick it off)...Maybe make X-23 a member? I'm mostly joking, but hey...It might work...Maybe?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

It's now tuesday... what was the monday announcement everyone was talking about, i have no idea where to look

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty
    It's now tuesday... what was the monday announcement everyone was talking about, i have no idea where to look
    here you go, Dynasty...

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...848&highlight=

Can I just say something as a moderator here;

Can we keep the bashing of Quesada, Austen and other creators for places other than here.

In the case of Quesada; relating to the downgrading of the series.

a) They're not his personal characters
    b) It's not his personal company
    c) He's not the sole decision maker of the company
    d) It's not his money behind the company
    e) We have no idea at all what his opinion was, for all we know he could have voted against the downgrading but been outvoted.

For the record, I'm equally as bummed as most of you, but witchhunts and insults aren't the answer.
    Pre-ordering, advertising, spreading the news could possibly be.

Let's get some pre-order OF banners in sigs wherever people post, let's order copies at multiple shops rather than just multiple copies at single shops...

This will be the comic that brings me back into the fold - whether it be a mini or an ongoing. I'm excited and I've not been excited for a long time. And having MAO on this title is just plain great.

BUT...

Who did the cover of #1? It looks rather Liefeldian (sorta) and I am a bit scandalised by the extreme low and high cut nature of Elizabeth Twoyoungmen's 'costume'.

Quesada is Editor-In-Chief, Phil....He has a lot of pull in how things work at Marvel. No bashing, witch-hunts or insulting there.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    This will be the comic that brings me back into the fold - whether it be a mini or an ongoing. I'm excited and I've not been excited for a long time. And having MAO on this title is just plain great.

BUT...

Who did the cover of #1? It looks rather Liefeldian (sorta) and I am a bit scandalised by the extreme low and high cut nature of Elizabeth Twoyoungmen's 'costume'.
    Nice to hear you are interested again Seng. Kolins did the art, I don't see anything Liefeldian about it. This cover looks diffenent from his in-book style. The "painted" colour and inks might have something to do with it looking different.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quesada is Editor-In-Chief, Phil....He has a lot of pull in how things work at Marvel. No bashing, witch-hunts or insulting there.

Dana
    Doesn't mean he has final say, and doesn't change his birth name to "Joke"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil

Dana
    Doesn't mean he has final say, and doesn't change his birth name to "Joke"
    You got me, Phil.

Dana

Let's get some pre-order OF banners in sigs wherever people post, let's order copies at multiple shops rather than just multiple copies at single shops...
    Excellent idea Obi-Wan! I'll buy at least one book from every comic shop in my town. I've got 3! Assuming I like the book. But I'm 100% sure I will!

For the record, I'm equally as bummed as most of you, but witchhunts and insults aren't the answer.
    Pre-ordering, advertising, spreading the news could possibly be.

I'll be ordering two copies of Issue one from one store (Newbury Comics). I may use a banner.

Are we being asked to advertize a flight series again(just like Vol 3)?

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    I don't fell it's Liefeldian, but yes, like you, I'm a little bit scandalised by Talisman costume. Mostly, In real life, I know that's impossible to wear in combat whitout everything falling appart. I also know, it's a comic book and reality is not really important, because if it where the case, women would not by with hight eels(sp?) or keeping long hair not attached.

The rest of the costume I like, I would just had hide that big opening, by lacing it, I don't know. But most of all, I was thinking if it were in character to have to kind of costume for Elisabeth and I don't know. Look at the original costume, no underwear is possible there. So, I guess if you expend a little more the concept, it's possible for Talisman to wear that.

So all that to say, I don't like it, but if it's in charcter, I got nothing against it. As long as she do not turn up to be bimbo Talisman, I'm ok with it.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Dana
    In some way, yes, but for Lobdell Flight we were trying to keep the series going and get a new writer/direction so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight. This time it's to make things last with the current creative team doing the writing as Omega Flight, as we expect it to be good from issue #1 on, not goofy and getting sillier as you move along....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'll be ordering two copies of Issue one from one store (Newbury Comics). I may use a banner.

Dana
    Naw, I think this is a different matter completely. I think the only reason Marvel let Lobdell do his book was because of what he's done for them in the past, but they certainly had no commitment to the title at that point in time. From everything I gatherd in talking to Schmidt, Marvel is behind getting this mini to sell, and should it sell well enough, it will be on thier list of stuff to publish in maxi later. I get the impression we will see advertising for this. They are being plugged in the CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE There has already been an add in Marvel Previews, and the impression I got from Schmidt in an earlier interview is that we can expect to see a several page preview in the next Marvel Previews.

Ben

Another reason why they should get a great creative team together and launch a new AF series featuring Wolverine (just to kick it off)...Maybe make X-23 a member? I'm mostly joking, but hey...It might work...Maybe?

Dana
    Seriously, if they promoted "Major changes for Wolverine" in the first issue it would work. I'm all for using such a petty and cheap tactic!