Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana
    Hey! Who're you calling old?!
    Yeah but before you surreptitiously removed your birthdate from your profile I noticed Granted I do have a few years on you, but I'm preserved in alcohol
    I had my birth date changed by deed poll.

If it's any consolation, I feel older than everyone right now, and reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need alcohol; preservation or otherwise.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight...I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.
    Way back when (in the 80s), it was asked if a monthly-but-uninspired Alpha Flight was better than no Alpha Flight at all, and I said no Alpha Flight at all was better than a poorly-executed Alpha Flight. AF#s 29 through 66 seem to bear out the terrible damage of a "crappy" Alpha Flight. That's a lot of issues, well over 2 years worth.

A good mini-series should pave the way for a long-lasting series. I hope.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight...I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.
    Way back when (in the 80s), it was asked if a monthly-but-uninspired Alpha Flight was better than no Alpha Flight at all, and I said no Alpha Flight at all was better than a poorly-executed Alpha Flight. AF#s 29 through 66 seem to bear out the terrible damage of a "crappy" Alpha Flight. That's a lot of issues, well over 2 years worth.

A good mini-series should pave the way for a long-lasting series. I hope.
    Hmmm... I didn't mind some of those issues, but there were definately major problems during Mantlo's run.

What was I gonna say here? Oh right. Does anybody know if Captain Marvel is getting an ongoing as it appears? I fail to see what HE did to deserve get this. When I read Civil War: The Return today I was so dissapointed I wanted to march to New York and demand Marvel give me my money back.

Captain Marvel pulled the same thing Barry Allen did to come back.

It's cos Marvel have to publish a Captain Marvel title every few years else they lose the copyright on the name and DC can take it for their Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    It's cos Marvel have to publish a Captain Marvel title every few years else they lose the copyright on the name and DC can take it for their Captain Marvel.
    True, but I don't think it's been that long since the last series ended.

I agree with SephirothsKiller entirely, and I say that with someone with the entire run of Captain Marvel, since the original title. The original lasted for 62 issues...barely over half of Alpha. Aaaaaaaaaaand...the title had been mostly bi-monthly, and cancelled several times, but back in the 70's, when they restarted a series, they did not start with a new #1. One of Starlin's changes was to make Mar-vell's hair blonde rather than white, because TPTB felt the white hair made him look old and unrelatable to the younger target audiences. The character's greatness was in Starlin's run. Before and after he was never an unqualified hit.

So what does make him more of a concept to be retried in its original concept than Alpha?

Personally, iof Marvel wants to vanguard the name, they should be hiring Roger Stern to write a Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel series.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.