Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

Default Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/A...citations.html

OMEGA FLIGHT #1 (of 5)
    Written by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Pencils and Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
    From the pages of CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE comes Canada's newest super hero team! But this is not your father's FLIGHT. Bold and daring, OMEGA FLIGHT is the best 5-issue series you'll EVER read.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Cover:

Wow, amazing cover....but 5 issues????

Ben

Someone has asked the same question at Jinxworld. Hopefully Mike can give an answer. If it is only five issues then I think I'm going to be royally pissed off given all the hype.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm gonna be pissed too, I'm thinking this was the big change Scott mentioned to me. Maybe they decided to have this series as a lead into Alpha Flight vol. 4...

Ben

Oeming stated the first ark is 5 issues

"The first story arc is at least five issues, with the possibility of expanding to six, then a self contained issue will be released to help people get on board who may have missed out from issue #1. The second arc is another 5-6 issues and will heavily involve the past/classic characters and lots of Metaphysical stuff. "

I have a theory, I'm gonna see what I can find out...if anything

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Oeming stated the first ark is 5 issues

"The first story arc is at least five issues, with the possibility of expanding to six, then a self contained issue will be released to help people get on board who may have missed out from issue #1. The second arc is another 5-6 issues and will heavily involve the past/classic characters and lots of Metaphysical stuff. "
    I recall that as well, but thats not what the solicitation is now saying. It specifically says its 5 issues....thats it.

If this is 5 issues, this has been a brutal week for me.

Maybe the first 5 will size up interest and if sales are good then they will continue but if it is only 5 then that's hardly a trade off for killing off AF (could ya tell I am still bitter, heh)

We've been getting these little whispers from last January from Mark Millar no less. Then we have the death of AF and Quesada giving it all the "it won't be AF, but AF fans will love it" ****. Finally the big announcement in September and what for? Five sodding issues and then what? Why not just say there'll be a five issue limited coming up soon. Once again plenty promised, and not much given. Expectations built up, acceptance of the death of our faves, because we thought we were gonna get something substantial and then this.

What a crock
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I AM OFFICIALLY MEGA P*SSE* OFF WITH MARVEL!! ALL TALK AND NO ACTION!!

THIS IS JUST TERRIBLE. GREAT COVER. GREAT WRITER. GREAT ARTIST. 5 ISSUES??

LET ME SEE: LET'S HAVE 100 X-BOOKS WITH WOLVERINE IN THEM, SHOVE HIM IN AVENGERS, MAKE THE THUNDERBOLTS HAVE FAN FAVE VILLAINS IN THEM AND IGNORE THE BEST TEAM MARVEL EVER HAD!!

THAT'S IT!! THIS IS WORSE THAN THE 'DISAPPERANCE OF BABY MAY PARKER' OR 'LYJA' WAY BACK WHEN. I AM SERIOUSLY STICKING TO DC COMICS IF THIS IS THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING WITH MARVEL!

WHY GIVE AN UNTESTED TEAM LIKE HEROES FOR HIRE AN ONGOING SERIES AND OMEGA FIVE ISSUES??ARE MARVEL CRAZY?? OEMING AND KOLLINS GIVEN 5ISSUES???!!!!!

I'LL BUY IT DEFINETELY, BUT REALLY, IT'S TIME TO REVIEW MY COLLECTION AFTER THIS. WHAT A CROCK OF S*I*!!

I AM ALSO CHANGING MY AVATAR TO SIDESHOW 'CARNIE' BANSHEE FROM EARLY X-MEN RUNS, AS I THINK MARVEL IS A BLOODY CIRCUS!! THEY'LL KILL MJ NEXT!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY HAVE ALREADY?????

More than likely they'll run this as a five-issue Volume 1. If it does well they'll probably restart the numbering and call it Volume 2 as an ongoing series.

can it be a serie made of mini-series? Maybe not. It's mostly likely to see if this will work. Maybe it's why Oeming is saying it's important the sells must be as high as possible, so the ongoing serie can go on.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

It's offical Omega Flight is only a mini, Oeming sent me a private message at his board

King Mungi: Sorry for asking as I know your busy, but Omega Flight is just going to be 5 issues now as per the solicts? I really hope not.
    Oeming: Yea man, Im very dissapointed. Its out of my hands.
    I'll have some official announcement on monday about it.
    Sorry.

The cover has a really nice composition but the face of Arachne is a bit odd...

I noticed that the solicitation for Ms. M had Arachne facing off with her though. Timeline issue?

That's all i'll say on the five issues matter. Looks like AF won't be getting aother run after all.