Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

So much for Irony (Ben where's the irony smiley?) I'm with you Gary, there should be some closure to what happened to the originals, but if they are dead then some of the survivors in OF are better than no AF characters at all.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: Those who would buy OF because Wolverine is in will leav

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    3) Instead of a group of newbies who were held out to be Alpha Flight,
    readers are getting a lot of the original (true) Alpha Flight.

A lot of the original AF???? In possibly two/three members? Suuuure.

Dana
    Yeah, I'm with you, I'd rather have nothing at all.
    Cut it out, Del...All I'm saying is that 2 or 3 Alphans is not a lot on a team of six....There's no need to be nasty. Half of the team isn't even Canadian, but Marvel is calling them a Canadian team (I'm guessing just because they're based there).

Dana

EDITED for my mis-spelling of "Canadian".

EDITED for more flippin' typos...AAARRGGG!!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Dana, chill. If I was trying to be nasty then I would have been obviously nasty. I was just trying to point out in a round about way that some AF is better than no AF, obviously if you want to take it as me being nasty then I can't stop you.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight.

That caveat out of the way, I harken Alpha to Star Wars, back when Dark Horse started doing the thousand and a half minis.

I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Yes, Volume 3, I'm looking at you.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

On the vol 3 thing Jeff, I'm 110% with you.
    Del

Agreed. Imagine how much bigger this new series would be if there'd been no Alpha series since V2.

Huge.

Non since vol 1 would have been fine by me, but that's a topic for a whole new thread which I'll get around to starting one day
    Del

Dana, chill. If I was trying to be nasty then I would have been obviously nasty. I was just trying to point out in a round about way that some AF is better than no AF, obviously if you want to take it as me being nasty then I can't stop you.
    Puh-lease....What was the emoticon for then? We obviously don't agree on many things concerning Omega Flight...I've never intentionally flamed you about your views on them. Just because you feel differently is no reason to make sarcastic, nasty (yes nasty) remarks.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight.

That's partly because you happen to like Spider-Woman II, USAgent, etc...In addition to AF (and that's fine), Some of us don't (that's also fine), Kozzi.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    That caveat out of the way, I harken Alpha to Star Wars, back when Dark Horse started doing the thousand and a half minis.

I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Yes, Volume 3, I'm looking at you.
    I agree....Omigawd, Del....We agree again. :P

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Agreed. Imagine how much bigger this new series would be if there'd been no Alpha series since V2.

Huge.
    True, but the huge change in Marvel's thinking toward Alpha Flight....thus the creation of Omega Flight is mostly (or entirely) due to the suckitude that was Volume 3. If not for Volume 3...We might be seeing a real Alpha Flight series.

Dana

Puh-lease....What was the emoticon for then? We obviously don't agree on many things concerning Omega Flight...I've never intentionally flamed you about your views on them. I happen to agree with Jeff too...Better NO AF, than a badly done AF. Just because you feel differently is no reason to make sarcastic, nasty (yes nasty) remarks.

Dana
    If you actually read the further posts you would see that I agree with Jeff to, which would explain my comment about nothing since Vol 1, as my opinions re vol 2 and 3 are out there in the forum for everyone to see.

I get the impression you choose to ignore the things I say that can't be used as a stick to beat me with. I can deal with that, but as to nasty comments, it prolly was nasty with a little tongue in cheek thrown in for good measure. Anyone not looking for a chance to prostrate themselves in abject martyrdom on the altar of the fallen Alphans would prolly have seen that.

You may not have flamed me about our differences, then again I didn't flame you, we had a difference of opinion, I tried to nip it in the bud by PM'ing you and you threw my attempts at reconcilliation back in my face. Since then I've tried to be cordial in response to your posts. I prolly was snippy, but when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums it irks and I reacted to that. I could have tempered my response, but let emotion lead the way. In future I shall try to be less confrontational.
    Del

If you actually read the further posts you would see that I agree with Jeff to, which would explain my comment about nothing since Vol 1, as my opinions re vol 2 and 3 are out there in the forum for everyone to see.
    I did read your later posts and commented on them...If you didn't notice.

I get the impression you choose to ignore the things I say that can't be used as a stick to beat me with. I can deal with that, but as to nasty comments, it prolly was nasty with a little tongue in cheek thrown in for good measure. Anyone not looking for a chance to prostrate themselves in abject martyrdom on the altar of the fallen Alphans would prolly have seen that.
    I'm merely reacting to a sarcastic and very pointed post from you...Directed at me. The Martyr comment above is another example of what I mean...But I'll ignore that additional nasty remark. Thanks ever so much for it.

You may not have flamed me about our differences, then again I didn't flame you, we had a difference of opinion, I tried to nip it in the bud by PM'ing you and you threw my attempts at reconcilliation back in my face.
    Not true...I chose to keep my responses very small, because at the time I was very pissed (and your "attempts at reconcilliation" were sarcastic then too). I don't think displaying what was said in PMs for the whole board to see is terribly wise either, hence I never said anything about it...You obviously don't feel the same.

Since then I've tried to be cordial in response to your posts. I prolly was snippy, but when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums it irks and I reacted to that.
    "when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums" What do you mean by that? Nevermind...Maybe you should PM me about it, if you intend to answer.

I could have tempered my response, but let emotion lead the way. In future I shall try to be less confrontational.
    Thanks for that.

Dana

Okay, I think the boards have had enough of our bickering. So for anything I have said recently that has annoyed or upset you I apologise unreservedly. The initial source of our disagreements I can't change and would prolly choose not to as I stand by my sentiments at that time. However that is in the past and I think it should stay there.

As regards my other concerns that I mentioned in my previous posts, again I will drop anything relating to them in future posts. I'm here to discuss Alpha/Omega and all things connected. The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.
    Del

The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.
    Hey! Who're you calling old?!

The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.
    Hey! Who're you calling old?!
    Yeah but before you surreptitiously removed your birthdate from your profile I noticed Granted I do have a few years on you, but I'm preserved in alcohol
    Del