Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Kolins interview with AlphaFlight.net

Default Scott Kolins interview with AlphaFlight.net

Omega Flight artist Scott Kolins has taken time to do an interview with me for AlphaFlight.net The interview is up, enjoy! Some very interesting sruff there.

http://www.alphaflight.net/interview...interview1.php

Ben

I love the fact he actually WANTED to take part in a new Alpha Flight book and was an actual fan.
    ===
    "SCOTT: I‘d love to work up a ton of new versions of some classic ALPHA FLIGHT characters and make them more unique for our book. Time will tell which ones I get to work on. I’ve had some thoughts on The Master and what I’d like to do with him. The Great Beasts would be incredible to really work over. Wen-Di-Go would be awesome too."

I loved his revamps during his Flash run such as the Weather Wizard so I can't wait to see his new fresh take on some of the AF characters
    ===
    "SCOTT: I love the Wrecking Crew – they’re just a bunch of thugs wanting to be rich and party all the time. It’s the 80’s brought to horrific Marvel proportions. I hope they come back. I mean after they’re ki - ooops. Ahem. I guess we’ll have to wait and see."

Killed? Sasquatch kill them? or they kill someone? dun dun dunnn.

Fun read.

I finished #1 and have worked on ½ of #2. I’d be done with #2 already, but there were some major changes that you’ll be hearing about soon.
    Yay! Another mystery for us to speculate on until the tips of our fingers bleed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Yay! Another mystery for us to speculate on until the tips of our fingers bleed!
    Major changes after an ish and ½? That's gotta be a record, even by Marvel standards!

Hopefully it means one of the characters Oeming originally wanted but couldn't have, suddenly became available.

This

sounds

so

frigging

AWESOME!

I wonder what changes they had to make? Maybe lose Arachne for some reason, or maybe they'll put one American on Force Works??
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Fun read.

I finished #1 and have worked on ½ of #2. I’d be done with #2 already, but there were some major changes that you’ll be hearing about soon.
    It might have something to do with the fact that Civil War #7 has been delayed 'til 02/21/07.

MM

Just wanted to thank Ben (I think) for organising the interview, and Scot for taking the time to do it. It's terrific to find a creator who is so willing to engage with the fanbase in such a human way - so kudos to Scot and tip of the hat to MAO too for being so 'interactive'.

I've been out of the Alpha loop for a long while now but this is getting me all excited again - particularly at Talisman making a return to active duty in the MU. I'll even forgive them for killing off Puck (the original).

NICE.

I am officially more stoked than I was before... and that takes some doing.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Good interview Ben. I'm with Seng on this, it bodes well when the creators show such enthusiasm and interact with the fans. April can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

great interview ben. we are truly in good hands with scott and mike.

but...................

what the heck could possibly be the "major changes"? i pray its not a later release date.

Great interview Ben!

I loved the line: "Experience with a pencil." It just struck me as a stand out line for some reason.

Major changes eh... Hmm...

I wonder if CIVIL WAR: THE CONFESSION will have anything to do with the changes...

Great interview. I'm lovin' the art from Scott Kolins. Can't wait.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I liked that he called Wendigo a major AF villain. Only a fan would know that, since he's never actually shown up in the series! ('cept in flashback).

- Le Messor
    Top Tips: AVOID parking tickets by leaving your windscreen wipers turned to 'fast wipe' whenever you leave your car parked illegally. Brilliant!