Poll: Which Guardian suit design do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Guardian suit design do you prefer?

Default Which Guardian suit design do you prefer?

The Guardian/Vindicator battle-suit has undergone many stylistic changes, but only two stand out for me - the one in the Alpha Waves header at the top of the web-page, and this one:

Can you see the difference? This one is more symmetrical on the shoulders and legs. The maple leaf is still a "wrap-around" design.

Regarding the poll, I'm not including the vol 2 design (which was too cluttered) or the vol 3 design (because the maple leaf was too small).

Which do you prefer: the "original," or the more recent, symmetrical design?

Personally, I find the original "all-white left leg" version to be kinda ugly.

Here's another view of the recent design, with colour:

(Nitpick: the lowest leaf blade is too long by half in this picture.)

Too much white isn't good. Symmetry is. I liked the v2 costome the best, however.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

6-0 for symmetry as I type this, with the extra point pending. I'm a little surprised.

I'm with the original suit design, It does what it says oon the label ie:- Original.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Non agression treaty of Dublin??????

WOW!!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Heck, there are so many "Macs" running around, have all the suits.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee

WOW!!
    That's the joy of 'Exiles'. Weirdness to the nTH degree
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee

WOW!!
    That's the joy of 'Exiles'. Weirdness to the nTH degree
    Is that where that's from? I was trying to remember that scene but couldn't, for the life of me.

But then, if it's anywhere outside of Alpha's nice, clean, crisp and clear continuity, I tend to avoid it.

Dang...they look pretty awesome there don't they?

Actually looking at that again, it may not be Exiles. I think it's from the series that depicted Havocs time in an alternate dimension, but can't think of the title?
    Del

Mutant X.

And those don;t loiok like the Mutant X AF, so I think it is Exiles.

But I may be wrong. It's been a long, long time.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Thanks Transmetropolitan, Mutant X was the Havok thing. I think it might be Mutant X #3 which is about the 'Wild Pack' (Sabretooth, Wildchild and Wolvie).
    Del

Though both are great, I think I like the symmetrical suit the best. But just barely.

I like symmetry.
    Time and Tide, no, wait.
    Go Leafs, Go Stamps, Go Omega Flight!

The original RULES!! The symetrical one RULES!! Hurm...Oh wait I have to choose. Ill take the original for sentimental reasons
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.