Thread: Northstar / Aurora article from Newsarama

Default Northstar / Aurora article from Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/xmen/CareyXAnn.html

(I probably should have posted this in "News", oh well. If someone could move it...)

Funny that they avoid mentioning Alpha at all.

Sounds like they may become members of the Acolytes.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Do the twins and Jefferies really have to be brainwashed to be used? Are they too powerful to be heroes these days? To brainwash them further doesn't exactly help.

The twins as Acolytes? Why? They have never shown any interest in being Magneto-groupies in the past, nor have they ever really been into the "mutants are superior to humans" schtick....But now that they're heads have been messed with several times, they're suddenly joining the "We love and worship magneto bandwagon"?...I really don't get it.

It seems I'm "getting" Marvel less and less lately. What in heaven's name are they doing to their characters (not just AF, but Spider-man, the Avengers, etc...)?

Le sigh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Will Marvel just move the twins back to Canada and be done with it!! Even if they only have Aurora in therapy and getting help with her multiple personalites and Jean Paul going back to professional sport!! What is it with ba*t*r*ising good characters!!

Jean Paul was the first openly mainstream gay character, but let's not uitlise that, let's avoid his sexuality by having him brainwashed to death(and the fans Bored to tears!! )

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

'UNLEASHES SONIC SCREAM AND AIMS AT MARVEL EDITORIAL OFFICES!!'

Technically Aurora was part of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but yeah as Acolytes? No I don't think so.

I have a feeling Carey is going to RUIN Northstar's personality (not that it already hasn't been ruined... He is nothing like his original.)

Then again, for some reason I seem to be the only one who isn't enjoying Carey's X-Men at all anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I have a feeling Carey is going to RUIN Northstar's personality (not that it already hasn't been ruined... He is nothing like his original.)

Then again, for some reason I seem to be the only one who isn't enjoying Carey's X-Men at all anyways.
    I don't think you're the only one, SK...I started picking up the "Super Novas" arc (for Northstar and Aurora) and was really disappointed with the story.

I was under the impression (from reading the story) that the "Children" lady (I don't recall her name...The one who ended up "crushing" on Cannonball) "fixed" Jean paul and Jeanne-Marie's psyches as well as amping their powers...but now suddenly their still messed up? The story left me confused and I dropped it midway.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!