Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAO Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    ...or he could have been trying to make the point that he doesn't know the first thing about sports.
    That's exactly why it took me reading a second time to catch it. Very subtle. But Mr. Ottawa Renegade of all people should know what shape a football is. Would you consider it egg shaped? Though it might have to be a mutant, pointy egg... Or Rugby. Damn, maybe he's British!

Of course I know what shape a football is (the Renegades apparently didn't, but that's beside the point). I'm not debating that he's making a football reference. What I'm trying to say is that you may just as easily be reading something isn't there. It can be interpreted in a couple of different ways. It could be as simple as his way of saying he doesn't know the first thing about hockey.

Again, you may be right (there are only so many candidates to wear it), but I just don't view his comment as real evidence.

Anyway, we already know that he (Walt) is in the book on some level. At this point I'd almost rather it NOT be him in the suit so that I can have Sasquatch as well as Guardian on the team, if possible.

On the other hand, there was talk that the team would be composed of the guys on the cover and perhaps another member. So if Walt IS wearing the uniform, then we'd have someone else to look forward to...

Of course I know what shape a football is (the Renegades apparently didn't, but that's beside the point). What I'm trying to say is that you may just as easily be reading something isn't there. It can be interpreted in a couple of different ways. It could be as simple as his way of saying he doesn't know the first thing about hockey.
    Haha no I knew what you were talking about. I'm just joking around. It just kinda hit me like a Eureka when I read the interview again that I automatically came here to type my thoughts. I am more then likely wrong. I'm a troubleshooter so my brain likes to make little connections like that.

Oh I was actually thinking of this the other day and was meaning to ask you, is Ottawa just waiting for new ownership or is the Renegades future pretty much done? I don't really know anyone that follows the CFL and was just curious. I hadn't heard anything for a while. I hope they come back.

Thanks!

Has it been de-confirmed that the person in the suit isn't actually James Hudson? Given the history of AF and the ties that OF will have, I wouldn't be surprised if it is in fact Mac Hudson in the suit. He has proven to be most resilient in the past, and what better way for a new series to make a 'tip fo the hat' link to the old guard than to have Mac Hudson as Guardian?

I'm not sure if it will actually be Walt - would be a bit strange to have someone who already has a known superpower to don a suit that gives him a different power but which prevents him from using his original power.

So, my money's on Mac Hudson.

On the other hand, when MAO asked if hockey was played with a Puck, I thought for a moment that Puck may be in the suit... then I looked at the pic by Kolins again and thought, 'Nah, he's too tall..."

BTW - is USAgent still called USAgent or does he go by a different code name now? Curious as if OF is going to be billed as a 'Canadian team' (ie. one operating from Canada), then it would be a bit odd for one of its team-members to be called "USAgent".

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    BTW - is USAgent still called USAgent or does he go by a different code name now? Curious as if OF is going to be billed as a 'Canadian team' (ie. one operating from Canada), then it would be a bit odd for one of its team-members to be called "USAgent".
    He's on loan from the States as an American Liaison so he'll probably keep the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Of course I know what shape a football is (the Renegades apparently didn't, but that's beside the point). What I'm trying to say is that you may just as easily be reading something isn't there. It can be interpreted in a couple of different ways. It could be as simple as his way of saying he doesn't know the first thing about hockey.
    Haha no I knew what you were talking about. I'm just joking around. It just kinda hit me like a Eureka when I read the interview again that I automatically came here to type my thoughts. I am more then likely wrong. I'm a troubleshooter so my brain likes to make little connections like that.

Oh I was actually thinking of this the other day and was meaning to ask you, is Ottawa just waiting for new ownership or is the Renegades future pretty much done? I don't really know anyone that follows the CFL and was just curious. I hadn't heard anything for a while. I hope they come back.

Thanks!
    Well, I admit you were starting to convnce me though. I went back and checked the bits of artwork that have been revealed so far. I wondered if the one with Walt showed him looking at the five other members, or just the American ones. If he was looking at all the other ones, your theory would make a lot of sense.

I was also trying to connect it to the comment that the wearer of the suit wouldn't be revealed until issue 3 or 4. Maybe Walt wouldn't make his decision until then.

But unless he loses his ability to change into Sasquatch I don't know he could do both. It'd be like putting Banner in the Iron Man suit.

As far as Ottawa goes, there are still negotiations with at least one group to bring them back but (for a change) they're trying to cross all t' and dot all i's. The league recently raked in good coin from TSN, but they couldn't really do anything until they knew HOW good. Not in 2007, now aiming for 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    Has it been de-confirmed that the person in the suit isn't actually James Hudson? Given the history of AF and the ties that OF will have, I wouldn't be surprised if it is in fact Mac Hudson in the suit. He has proven to be most resilient in the past, and what better way for a new series to make a 'tip fo the hat' link to the old guard than to have Mac Hudson as Guardian?
    It hasn't been confirmed, that I know of. It would be my preference to keep Mac, that's for sure.

And one interview referred to USAgent as "CANADAgent". Doesn't flow quite the same.

But unless he loses his ability to change into Sasquatch I don't know he could do both. It'd be like putting Banner in the Iron Man suit.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The great beasts will be villains, we already have BRB, Sasquatch would just be heavy-weight overkill. The fact that "SASQUATCH will be in the book MAYBE on the team" may suggest he'll be in the book issue 1-3 but be Walter on the team in the suit from then on. Maybe he loses his powers in the first story ark. The Great Beasts take it away from him somewhow. I donno.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The great beasts will be villains, we already have BRB, Sasquatch would just be heavy-weight overkill. The fact that "SASQUATCH will be in the book MAYBE on the team" may suggest he'll be in the book issue 1-3 but be Walter on the team in the suit from then on. Maybe he loses his powers in the first story ark. The Great Beasts take it away from him somewhow. I donno.
    Funny, I was thinking of that very thing on the way to work...I could totally see that happening.

Walt does have experience with high-tech armor, too.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Maybe its Walter's mind in Mac's body? Walter got bored of his current body and decided to switch? Hopped into Guardian's dead cyborg shell after his body was destroyed?

Then we could have all the weirdness of both Walter and Mac when it comes to death and life packaged into one!!

Edit: Wait! I've got another theory!! The new Guardian is none other than.... Gary Cody!!! (Cue twilight zone music.)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

From things Oeming has said, I have the impression that the guy in the suit is a new character. An un-Canadian one.

I can't back that up until later.

- Le Messor
    "Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat."
    - Anya

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    From things Oeming has said, I have the impression that the guy in the suit is a new character. An un-Canadian one.

I can't back that up until later.
    Here's a thought, can't remember if anyone else might have made this guess...

Since Iron man has placed US agent in Omega Flight, is it possible that he might have placed James Rhodes in the guardian suit? He's already got lots of experience with this kind of tech, and in the pic you can't tell if his face is that of a white man, or a black man...I could be in left field though.

Ben

Well right now Rhodes is in charge of the Sentinel division, it very well could be him. However, I would definetly be opposed to this. I don't mind his character, but for the success of Omega Flight I would urge against it as apparently only Omega Flight can get "copies" of classic characters eg. BRB=Thor, Arachne=Spider Woman I, US Agent=Captain America